Off to Seville

Hi all as the title says im off to seville next week and its a first for me so i was just wondering what you guys think might be the best way to go?. Im not sure where im crossing from yet but any help on where to park/stop etc would be most helpfull also are there any toll roads down that way?. Ive done various jobs over in holland and germany and even up to stockholm but never done spain. Thanks in advance guys.

Whenever I went to Seville I went down to the Spanish border at Irun by whatever route suited the ferry crossing then onto Madrid and down the, I think it’s the A4, to Seville. Plenty of toll roads in both France and Spain and you are never far from a decent stopping place in either country, look for the places with plenty of local trucks parked up, that’s usually a good sign the place is worth stopping at.

First off HELLO , next one of the Spain experts
will come along and help you out,Depending where
you enter Europe WILL be the base for which
route is the best, do you wish the
QUICKEST ROUTE OR THE ONE WHICH WILL SAVE MONEY’
have a look at the Euro sticky,s, as there is lots of
information posted which will be a help as well,
have fun and do not forget the digi camera for the
pictures which will accompany the write up you are going to POST
ta very much :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

brit pete:
…do you wish the
QUICKEST ROUTE OR THE ONE WHICH WILL SAVE MONEY’…
[/quote]
No Pete, you cannot route him via Luxembourg. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

My dear good friend Coffeeholic :slight_smile: I will
take that short and interesting post :laughing: deep
to my heart and realise that you were of
course pointing out that coming from the
Northern most Docks of the
GERMANIC LAND :wink: it would be cheaper
to pass via the the pleasant and well
laid out route which allows one to
fill up at very large discount
when passing through
the ROYAL DUCHY of LUXEMBOURG
which a lot of those who deal in the
International Logistics of Europe Asia
&beyond , it seems do enjoy doing :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:
HAVE a Nice Day Neil :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I concede that while travelling from one of the Hanseatic ports to Seville a route via the Grand Duchy would make sense, I figured the OP would be more likely to ship from Dover or Portsmouth. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

OK here goes,

depending on the fery obviuosly but calais to irun via abeville rouen evreux dreux chartres tours poitiers angouleme bordeaux to the border. quite a few toll roads but thats the cheapest route, cherbourg or caen just follow the toll roads to bordeaux.

from irun couple of choices,

irun sunbilla pamplona almazan medinacelli madrid then A4 to sevilla, tolls only from pamplona to cintruenigo total 3.20 :open_mouth: cheap :smiley:

irun burgos salamanca caceres sevilla tolls from irun to burgos about 20 euro bit dearer and bigger mountains :cry:

parking aplenty on the first route but the second route is all motorway and less parking

park in hotels cheap food and drink try to park where there are plenty of spanish trucks but don’t forget we eat late in spain so most restaurants won’t open til about 8ish.

any questions about sevilla just post and i’ll see if i know where you are going

brit pete:
My dear good friend Coffeeholic :slight_smile: I will
take that short and interesting post :laughing: deep
to my heart and realise that you were of
course pointing out that coming from the
Northern most Docks of the
GERMANIC LAND :wink: it would be cheaper
to pass via the the pleasant and well
laid out route which allows one to
fill up at very large discount
when passing through
the ROYAL DUCHY of LUXEMBOURG
which a lot of those who deal in the
International Logistics of Europe Asia
&beyond , it seems do enjoy doing :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing:
HAVE a Nice Day Neil :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Winter tyres or snow chains ? mmm . . i like both.
Theres only one way to decide . . . . . . FIGHT !! :laughing:

wb, is it compulsory for trucks to use the motorways on the pampaloma route now?

Not a requirement to go motorway to Pamplona.
Take the first exit after going through Irun border then up the national, a good road now.

browncow2:
wb, is it compulsory for trucks to use the motorways on the pampaloma route now?

only compulsory if you have hazardous on. otherwise take the newly built road via sunbilla plenty of parking, free and smaller mountain than the motorway

Do you know where you are reloading ?.

I’d do Irun, Burgos, Salamanca going down, there is a good chance your reload will bring you back the other route. If you have time to kill around Seville you can park up at the big IKEA and get a decent meal cheap.

welshboyinspain:
don’t forget we eat late in spain so most restaurants won’t open til about 8ish.

Yes, I’ve never quite managed to get my head around the idea of eating a great big meal at 10 o clock at night.

Harry Monk:

welshboyinspain:
don’t forget we eat late in spain so most restaurants won’t open til about 8ish.

Yes, I’ve never quite managed to get my head around the idea of eating a great big meal at 10 o clock at night.

its because most of the lazy bar stewards don’t start work til 10am then have a 3 hour lunch break :imp:

And you have to let that huge “Menu del Dia” at lunchtime go down before tackling another one at night. Spanish philosphy is life is for eating, work should not be allowed to get in the way of that.

Ex Haulier:
And you have to let that huge “Menu del Dia” at lunchtime go down before tackling another one at night. Spanish philosphy is life is for eating, work should not be allowed to get in the way of that.

I think its better to work to live than live to work? :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:
work?

exactly :laughing: surprises me that you know how to spell the word :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Vascoingles:

welshboyinspain:
work?

exactly :laughing: surprises me that you know how to spell the word :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

says the desk driver :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

good god vasco, i thought you had fallen off the face of the earth. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: seen your pics on the other side about the fender benders, very good.

Vascoingles:

welshboyinspain:
work?

vasco :question: work is not a slang for tassled curtains is it :question: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: