Nottingham bus firm( middle east work

Yes Johnnie, but those sheets was in a book? surely you have not forgotten how you used to wave it to get a lift on all them dodgey nights out, and all that cash you made! sure Chris has not. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
Norman I was on about before the books were introduced as they came in around the same time as the HGV license but before it was loose log sheets with no numbers on you just grabbed a good handful each time you were in the depot. When the books were introduced you had to use a bit more nouce and write as little as possible on them. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
cheers Johnnie :wink:
P S a bundle of log sheets got you a lift just as easy :laughing:
[/quote]
Log sheets were best thing since sliced bread,they made road transport more flexible and saved the country millions of pounds.The way to make them out was once a week on kitchen table,usually saturday night before tā€™pub, with 'er indoors shouting ā€œYouā€™ll do bloody time if you get stoppedā€. :smiley:
I explained that if you didnā€™t make one out you couldnā€™t be done for falsifying which seemed to calm her down.
Books came in about 1970 I think and you had to be a bit more careful as the pages were numbered.They were ideal for putting a pot of tea on in tā€™cab and even better for getting a lift home.
[/quote]
Books came in with the HGV license as you say in 1970,a bit harder to docter.It was quite handy to have bad handwriting and to be able to put 45 in after you had done 45 minutes from base aka 6.45 which gained a bit.Not as handy as the log sheets as you say which could be replace throughout the day.
Only thing to watch for was weighbridge tickets and silent checks :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.
[/quote]
Dave there was a way round the silent checks as all the number plates were white ish letters on a black background so a piece of chalk took care of that and you could always blame the kids for messing about with them. :blush: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote]
Daily checks by the driver Johnnie.You should do your daily checks oil water tyres lights and ā€¦number plates :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave water is topped up, oil is fine dipped, visual and kick check tyres fine, lights all working and number plate yes there is one and it is clean ish :laughing: :laughing: so no problem ready to roll Oh log sheet started :wink:

i hope youā€™ve only put your name and the date on the top , you canā€™t put the start time on until you know what time youā€™ll finish, dave

rigsby:
i hope youā€™ve only put your name and the date on the top , you canā€™t put the start time on until you know what time youā€™ll finish, dave

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
That brings back memories Dave,writing the start time in when shift was finished. :sunglasses:

I feel like Alibaba with you rogues the forty thieves, did any of you run straight. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: :blush: I only got pulled up in Germany once, because I forgot to fill my logbook for a couple of days, I had too much on my mind! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Norman Ingram:
I feel like Alibaba with you rogues the forty thieves, did any of you run straight. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :blush: :blush: :blush: I only got pulled up in Germany once, because I forgot to fill my logbook for a couple of days, I had too much on my mind! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I ran straight on tā€™motorway Norm,not many bends. Iā€™ve told you before,we were ā€œflexibleā€ in those days,anyway at Ā£11-7-9d basic for 44 hours you needed all the hours you could get.I think it was 1970 when you had to take a day off,spoilt all the fun! :unamused:
And you FORGOT to fill out yer log book in Deutschland,donner und blitzen. :laughing:
Iā€™ll bet you paid 'em off out of a brown BRS envelope. :grimacing:

Anonfromawindyiom.

Norman Ingram:

Norman it is you was running bent then as I did get stopped quite a few times and everything was was absolutely in order and perfectly up to date every time :unamused: :unamused:

rigsby:

I only put the carbon in between the next sheets :blush: thats started isnā€™t it :question: as the pen had run out of ink and I had that pen a very long time :laughing:

the only way to do it chris , we never ran over our hours did we ? the really dedicated drivers put the start time on and ripped it up and did another sheet later , in couldnā€™t be bothered with all that writing so stuck to plan a , cheers , dave

rigsby:
the only way to do it chris , we never ran over our hours did we ? the really dedicated drivers put the start time on and ripped it up and did another sheet later , in couldnā€™t be bothered with all that writing so stuck to plan a , cheers , dave

or use a pencil :blush: :blush:

Norman Ingram:

Was that before the war or during the war Norm.Quite understandable as you were probably busy watching for land mines :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Was that before the war or during the war Norm.Quite understandable as you were probably busy watching for land mines :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

I think it was "Kaiser Bill " himself who pulled Norman :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sammyopisite:

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Cheers Dave.

I think it was "Kaiser Bill " himself who pulled Norman :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The German version of " the old Bill " :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

After I was on heavy cranes in 1964 I chopped my right hand in half in June, I was off work for 9 months, then I was on NFC with chickens collections so we gave sheets in every day, it was 1969 when we had to get our HGV black book with the stick in pages every time we had to renew, I took a van job to be around for I bought my first house only a mile from where we live now. I still have it in the attic, I think I told you I have a autograph of Helen Shirpiro in it, I sent in my application on Aug 1969, I got it back a month later, I still have my little license from 1955. Dave you are getting a little cheeky, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: but it was after the Korean war I was in the army, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: and 1976 before the Frankfurt fined. :grimacing: :grimacing:

Norman Ingram:
After I was on heavy cranes in 1964 I chopped my right hand in half in June, I was off work for 9 months, then I was on NFC with chickens collections so we gave sheets in every day, it was 1969 when we had to get our HGV black book with the stick in pages every time we had to renew, I took a van job to be around for I bought my first house only a mile from where we live now. I still have it in the attic, I think I told you I have a autograph of Helen Shirpiro in it, I sent in my application on Aug 1969, I got it back a month later, I still have my little license from 1955. Dave you are getting a little cheeky, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: but it was after the Korean war I was in the army, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: and 1976 before the Frankfurt fined. :grimacing: :grimacing:

How did you manage to catch chickens with a hand chopped in half Norm,must have been a struggle pal? Helen Shapiro,Elvis Presley named a dog after her - Old Shapiro.

I like the bit ā€œI bought my first house only a mile from where we live now. I still have it in the atticā€.
Some attic that is Norm. :smiley:

Ok,Iā€™ll get me coatā€¦ :grimacing: anonev

Chris Webb:

Norman Ingram:

How did you manage to catch chickens with a hand chopped in half Norm,must have been a struggle pal? Helen Shapiro,Elvis Presley named a dog after her - Old Shapiro.

I like the bit ā€œI bought my first house only a mile from where we live now. I still have it in the atticā€.

hiya,
Itā€™s a dollā€™s house Chris I too have the same in my attic a left over from my daughterā€™s childhood.
thanks harry long retired

I have always been cheeky Norm.I think its quite common among lorry drivers,also I worked on building sites for four years as a teenager.If you couldnā€™t look after yourself verbally and physically you were everybodyā€™s whipping boy and Iā€™ve never been one of them :wink: :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Chris Webb:

Norman Ingram:

Ok Chris, there is a " Full Stop", and with my hand, I cannot use my thumb, but can grip with my fingers hence I have a strong grip for the steering wheel and other things! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ever since I have tried to be as good if not better than fully fit drivers. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman Ingram:

Chris Webb:

Norman Ingram:

Ok Chris, there is a " Full Stop", and with my hand, I cannot use my thumb, but can grip with my fingers hence I have a strong grip for the steering wheel and other things! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: ever since I have tried to be as good if not better than fully fit drivers. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman did you ever succeed :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
ANON. :wink:

sammyopisite:

Norman Ingram:

Chris Webb:

Norman Ingram:

Norman did you ever succeed :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
ANON. :wink:

Johnnie No contest :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: The cream always rises to the top! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What happened to you lot, I thought at least one of you would have got the word ā€œClotā€ in, I thought I was leading you up to it! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: