Nottingham bus firm( middle east work

sammyopisite:
Dave I have had a problem as well but I was able to get onto the site and when trying to post it went ■■■■ up and I was unable to get back in this as happened 2 or 3 times but as I have lived with this type or thing for over 60 years I just went some where else as I usually do. :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
cheers Johnnie :wink:

Same here Johnnie,couldn’t get on this site,so went onto a couple of others.We seem to have this problem with TNUK every so often.
Cheers Dave.

Yes Dave & Johnnie I have Trucknet email address on my contacts, and when I have trouble I email them and ask them why I cannot get on the threads.They replied they had trouble on their site and was trying to sort it out, which they did! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Same here Norm I have some I email and a few phone numbers.I spend to much time on here it won’t hurt to be off it now and again.
Cheers Dave.

I am told if I am on the computer it keeps me out of trouble :unamused: :unamused: and she knows where I am :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What do you think Dave, I think it will take more than a laptop to keep Johnnie out of trouble :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Its a wonder that he don’t spill whisky into it like our Harry, he tells us he is having trouble and leaves it for a couple of days and it drys out, I mean his laptop! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Norman Ingram:
What do you think Dave, I think it will take more than a laptop to keep Johnnie out of trouble :question: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Its a wonder that he don’t spill whisky into it like our Harry, he tells us he is having trouble and leaves it for a couple of days and it drys out, I mean his laptop! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Where are you Harry & Dave you missed this one! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman Ingram:

Norman Ingram:

Where are you Harry & Dave you missed this one! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Wasn’t on here much last night Norm.Was watching the football on TV. Johnnie doesn’t get on here as much as he used to.I think he’s got a still in the cellar :question: :laughing: :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

I caught Harry on skype the other day, you never guess what he had in his hand, yes it was a glass of whisky, we must hav nattered for over hour and half, the poor old chap was shattered with all the decorating he had advoided by opening his wallet with gay adbanderment and paying for job to be done! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: What you wont do to please your wife harry. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman Ingram:
I caught Harry on skype the other day, you never guess what he had in his hand, yes it was a glass of whisky, we must hav nattered for over hour and half, the poor old chap was shattered with all the decorating he had advoided by opening his wallet with gay adbanderment and paying for job to be done! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: What you wont do to please your wife harry. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

hiya,
Howay Norm not too much of the gay if you don’t mind.
thanks harry long retired.

Harry you are such astute man the way you strive to advoid manual work in your latter years. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: It must take a strain to think of ways to keep the wife happy and still get the jobs done she keeps finding for you ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I feel sorry for you that it keeps interfering with you hobby of trying to find the best single malt, by tasting everyone that was brewed :question: Please tell us how many you are up to, and how many you have left to taste. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman Ingram:
Harry you are such astute man the way you strive to advoid manual work in your latter years. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: It must take a strain to think of ways to keep the wife happy and still get the jobs done she keeps finding for you ! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I feel sorry for you that it keeps interfering with you hobby of trying to find the best single malt, by tasting everyone that was brewed :question: Please tell us how many you are up to, and how many you have left to taste. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman you are asking an impossible question there as you keep reaching a point where you are unsure how many you have tried and where you have got up to so you end up starting all over again as being a very conciencous type of people it would be a crime to miss one so you can never get to the final one. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue:
cheers Johnnie :wink: hic hic :unamused:

P S I am sure there are several people on here who will tell you this is a fact which is indisputable :stuck_out_tongue:

sammyopisite:

Norman Ingram:

Norman you are asking an impossible question there as you keep reaching a point where you are unsure how many you have tried and where you have got up to so you end up starting all over again as being a very conciencous type of people it would be a crime to miss one so you can never get to the final one. :blush: :stuck_out_tongue:
cheers Johnnie :wink: hic hic :unamused:

P S I am sure there are several people on here who will tell you this is a fact which is indisputable :stuck_out_tongue:

hiya,
As one of the several people on here who can confirm that the above statement is absolutely correct, bloody hell where was I blast I’ll have to start counting all over again, one, two ,three excuse me this may take a while don’t wait up.

Harry as a ex-logbookman, I would have thought you would have got a ledger and put down every make, taste, colour, strength, smoothness. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: just like you used to rate your women and lorries you had the pleasure to drive or ride in ! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: If you had, the whisky distillers might have been after you Johnnie & Larry to be their chief testers. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Just think this would be what dreams are made of :question: Free single malt whisky :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: and you getting paid for it! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: But only one problem, you lot would never take your holidays. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Norman Ingram:
Harry as a ex-logbookman, I would have thought you would have got a ledger and put down every make, taste, colour, strength, smoothness. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: just like you used to rate your women and lorries you had the pleasure to drive or ride in ! :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: If you had, the whisky distillers might have been after you Johnnie & Larry to be their chief testers. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: Just think this would be what dreams are made of :question: Free single malt whisky :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: and you getting paid for it! :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: But only one problem, you lot would never take your holidays. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

hiya,
Norman as an ex-logbookman with the ability to barely count beyond three and the inability to write my task in life is to drink as much as I can during woken hours without having to keep a diary of all the different single malts, I leave that sort of technology to tee-totallers who bore the ■■■■ off me and have nothing better to do, I find them nearly as bad as vegetarians pasty faced looking lot, now never mind the tin hat where’s the bleeding air raid shelter and my bacon buttie.

Norman your memory is fading as it was ex LOG SHEET and I bet you remember how many of those you used in a day the first one was usually cocked up the second always got dirty so you ended up with having to make another one out then at the week end you had to make the ones out to hand in to the office so with being so set in those ways how can you expect entries every 10 minutes all through the day. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

sammyopisite:
Norman your memory is fading as it was ex LOG SHEET and I bet you remember how many of those you used in a day the first one was usually cocked up the second always got dirty so you ended up with having to make another one out then at the week end you had to make the ones out to hand in to the office so with being so set in those ways how can you expect entries every 10 minutes all through the day. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yes Johnnie, but those sheets was in a book? surely you have not forgotten how you used to wave it to get a lift on all them dodgey nights out, and all that cash you made! sure Chris has not. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman Ingram:

sammyopisite:

Yes Johnnie, but those sheets was in a book? surely you have not forgotten how you used to wave it to get a lift on all them dodgey nights out, and all that cash you made! sure Chris has not. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman I was on about before the books were introduced as they came in around the same time as the HGV license but before it was loose log sheets with no numbers on you just grabbed a good handful each time you were in the depot. When the books were introduced you had to use a bit more nouce and write as little as possible on them. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
P S a bundle of log sheets got you a lift just as easy :laughing:

sammyopisite:

Norman Ingram:

sammyopisite:

Norman I was on about before the books were introduced as they came in around the same time as the HGV license but before it was loose log sheets with no numbers on you just grabbed a good handful each time you were in the depot. When the books were introduced you had to use a bit more nouce and write as little as possible on them. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Log sheets were best thing since sliced bread,they made road transport more flexible and saved the country millions of pounds.The way to make them out was once a week on kitchen table,usually saturday night before t’pub, with 'er indoors shouting “You’ll do bloody time if you get stopped”. :smiley:
I explained that if you didn’t make one out you couldn’t be done for falsifying which seemed to calm her down.
Books came in about 1970 I think and you had to be a bit more careful as the pages were numbered.They were ideal for putting a pot of tea on in t’cab and even better for getting a lift home.

Chris Webb:

sammyopisite:

Norman Ingram:

sammyopisite:

Log sheets were best thing since sliced bread,they made road transport more flexible and saved the country millions of pounds.The way to make them out was once a week on kitchen table,usually saturday night before t’pub, with 'er indoors shouting “You’ll do bloody time if you get stopped”. :smiley:
I explained that if you didn’t make one out you couldn’t be done for falsifying which seemed to calm her down.
Books came in about 1970 I think and you had to be a bit more careful as the pages were numbered.They were ideal for putting a pot of tea on in t’cab and even better for getting a lift home.

Books came in with the HGV license as you say in 1970,a bit harder to docter.It was quite handy to have bad handwriting and to be able to put 45 in after you had done 45 minutes from base aka 6.45 which gained a bit.Not as handy as the log sheets as you say which could be replace throughout the day.
Only thing to watch for was weighbridge tickets and silent checks :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Chris Webb:

sammyopisite:

Norman Ingram:

sammyopisite:

Books came in with the HGV license as you say in 1970,a bit harder to docter.It was quite handy to have bad handwriting and to be able to put 45 in after you had done 45 minutes from base aka 6.45 which gained a bit.Not as handy as the log sheets as you say which could be replace throughout the day.
Only thing to watch for was weighbridge tickets and silent checks :laughing: .
Cheers Dave.

Dave there was a way round the silent checks as all the number plates were white ish letters on a black background so a piece of chalk took care of that and you could always blame the kids for messing about with them. :blush: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: