Nottingham bus firm( middle east work

Dave just when I was going to say to you, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I think Ang & Harry leered off together, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: he rears his ugly head calling me nosser. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I am so fit, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: I am ready to drop, once I could walk miles and think nothing about it,now I have to rest after acouple, and I do not like hills, I seem to get out of puff. :blush: :blush: :blush: My wife said I think I am on a route march, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: when I am walking with her, her little legs cannot keep up with me. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I go and stop to let her catch up. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Left right left. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Norman Ingram:
Dave just when I was going to say to you, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I think Ang & Harry leered off together, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: he rears his ugly head calling me nosser. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I am so fit, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: I am ready to drop, once I could walk miles and think nothing about it,now I have to rest after acouple, and I do not like hills, I seem to get out of puff. :blush: :blush: :blush: My wife said I think I am on a route march, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: when I am walking with her, her little legs cannot keep up with me. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I go and stop to let her catch up. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Left right left. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Sounds as if you were a drill Sargent in the army Norm. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Once again I will write this :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: I did a lot of marching Dave. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: When I went on a tank maintainance course I was in Duisberg and they asked for volunteers to do a 100 miles march in honour of the paraโ€™s who missed their target dropping zone, it was called the Nijmegen march. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I put my name down and started three months of training, at first 5miles then ten, after it never dropped below 25miles, building up to the ton. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: This was full packs and rifle, the packs were filled with bricks. On the day the packs were only filled with clean clothes. The fastest time was set by the Green Howards, second was Durham light infantry, we came third not bad for mechanicโ€™s. The best moment was entering the town and young Dutch girls hanging garlands of flowers around our necks and kissing our cheeks and a couple of smackers on the lips. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I always had deep respect for the paraโ€™s for they had to fight a battle just after doing the 100 mile march, them men was heroโ€™s, we was only trying to keep their feat alive in people memories. I do wonder if they still do the Nijmegen March,if not when they finished doing it. 1956/7 was when we was there, and the REME squad.

Norman Ingram:
Once again I will write this :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: I did a lot of marching Dave. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: When I went on a tank maintainance course I was in Duisberg and they asked for volunteers to do a 100 miles march in honour of the paraโ€™s who missed their target dropping zone, it was called the Nijmegen march. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I put my name down and started three months of training, at first 5miles then ten, after it never dropped below 25miles, building up to the ton. :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: This was full packs and rifle, the packs were filled with bricks. On the day the packs were only filled with clean clothes. The fastest time was set by the Green Howards, second was Durham light infantry, we came third not bad for mechanicโ€™s. The best moment was entering the town and young Dutch girls hanging garlands of flowers around our necks and kissing our cheeks and a couple of smackers on the lips. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I always had deep respect for the paraโ€™s for they had to fight a battle just after doing the 100 mile march, them men was heroโ€™s, we was only trying to keep their feat alive in people memories. I do wonder if they still do the Nijmegen March,if not when they finished doing it. 1956/7 was when we was there, and the REME squad.

Sounds as if you did a lot of marching Norm.In my time national service had finished,but I would have managed the marching OK being a country lad,also rifle shooting which I grew up with.Might have go into trouble with the discipline. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave without repeating myself, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: 3years in the REME and similar time on the middle east, were the highlights in my life time, and I would go though it again if I was able to travel back in time, :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: not like now, :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: waiting to see which pain is going to come along! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The biggest pain this way Norm is the rain.Ever since they started this thing about a drought weโ€™ve had rain.Roll on the sunshine and hot weather. :wink:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:
The biggest pain this way Norm is the rain.Ever since they started this thing about a drought weโ€™ve had rain.Roll on the sunshine and hot weather. :wink:
Cheers Dave.

Your wish is my command, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I will send you sunny & hot climate in July 2012. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: But never complain it is too hot, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: or I will have to send a bolt of lightning and a clap of thunder. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So lowly welshman your wish is granted. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

Your wish is my command, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I will send you sunny & hot climate in July 2012. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: But never complain it is too hot, :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: or I will have to send a bolt of lightning and a clap of thunder. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: So lowly welshman your wish is granted. :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

You can ask anyone that knows me Norm.I never complain that its to hot.Not even in 1976.I like the sun lets have it. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

You can ask anyone that knows me Norm.I never complain that its to hot.Not even in 1976.I like the sun lets have it. :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Did you think I sounded rather godly Dave. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

Cheers Dave.

Did you think I sounded rather godly Dave. :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

More like a soothsayer I would say Norm. :wink: :laughing:

Hmm Dave, so you think I can fore tell the future, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I can tell you that a storm is comming your way. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: And its not because I read the weather forecast, :astonished: :astonished: :astonished: or I have magical powers :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: but I was talking to my mate Charley, he is in Florida, and I got him on Skype, :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: and he warned me that they had had a storm, and it was on itโ€™s way to UK, :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I said I hope the winds blow it northwards, so Dennis, Johnnie, Dave, and Harry get it, for they are used to bad weather, not like us down here, for we are more delicate. :blush: :blush: :blush: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fine weather next week Norm.Get your shorts and knotted hankerchief ready,you will probably need them to keep the sun off your body.The weather from Florida is heading for Iceland to help keep the geysers going. :wink:
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:
Fine weather next week Norm.Get your shorts and knotted hankerchief ready,you will probably need them to keep the sun off your body.The weather from Florida is heading for Iceland to help keep the geysers going. :wink:
Cheers Dave.

Dave you wouldnโ€™t lie to me would you1 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

Dave you wouldnโ€™t lie to me would you1 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

It said that about the warm weather for us on the TV Norm.Have a look on BBC News 24,the weather is on every 3 minutes.
Cheers Dave.

Dave the Renegade:

Norman Ingram:

Dave the Renegade:
Cheers Dave.

It said that about the warm weather for us on the TV Norm.Have a look on BBC News 24,the weather is on every 3 minutes.
Cheers Dave.

Well Dave that tail end of the storm did end up in the north, they had a month rain in a day, :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: If my mate knew, I knew, then you knew, why oh why didnโ€™t the power to be know and put flood measures in place! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Supposed to be fine weather for the first half of this week Norm.It was OK yesterday,but horsed down with rain for a couple of hours this morning. Bring back Bert Ford and Jack Scott to read the weather. :unamused: :laughing:
Cheers Dave.

Dave, I will be a little nearer to you on monday, I am taking the wife to Western-Super -Mare for a few days, in honour of 50years marriage, I had a hard job to get her there, if I had my way, I would have done a cruise, even if it had been a Rhine or Danube one! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Norman Ingram:
Dave, I will be a little nearer to you on monday, I am taking the wife to Western-Super -Mare for a few days, in honour of 50years marriage, I had a hard job to get her there, if I had my way, I would have done a cruise, even if it had been a Rhine or Danube one! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You can always go on a cruise up to Sharpness Norm.Just commission a boat from Weston-Super-Mare and follow the Bristol channel up past the Severn bridges. :wink: Congratulations for your golden wedding to you both.
Cheers Dave.

hiya,
Best wishes from me too Norm, 50 years ehโ€™ you should present her with a medal
and a frying pan sized one at that, have a nice time mate.
thanks harry, long retired.

HI boys
Norm best wishes to you and your missis. I havenโ€™t been to Western-Super- Donkey for years but youโ€™ll be in your element there with all that sand. take a shovel and pretend your stuck in the desert :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Regards Keith