Nobby disentangled

might have an interview with jc fiolet, at st omer and norbert dentressangle at calais can anyone tell me, as a job what am i letting myself in for.
Can never understand why Fiolet does’nt use air kit on his Volvos, they look crap without, i’ll still take a job if it offered tho!!! Thanks for any help! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lulu123:
might have an interview with jc fiolet, at st omer and norbert dentressangle at calais can anyone tell me, as a job what am i letting myself in for.
Can never understand why Fiolet does’nt use air kit on his Volvos, they look crap without, i’ll still take a job if it offered tho!!! Thanks for any help! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

You could ask the same question of “Arcese” of Italy, but, and its a BIG but, i see more JCF + ARCESE trucks, than I do lulu123 trucks, so, I`d keep the trap shut when it comes to the interview, they have a little more experience of the job, let them do the talking, you say the right things in french, and Robert is your uncle :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Good luck

I would imagine it is more to do with the lease package on the trucks. Look at most of ND trucks, they come as sold by the factory, no bling, no extras.

A lot of modern companies run trucks as part of a global solution where the old transport companies actually liked working with the trucks and drivers.

Stanley Mitchell:

lulu123:

You could ask the same question of “Arcese” of Italy, but, and its a BIG but, i see more JCF + ARCESE trucks, than I do lulu123 trucks, so, I`d keep the trap shut when it comes to the interview, they have a little more experience of the job, let them do the talking, you say the right things in french, and Robert is your uncle :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Good luck

Should that not be Robert est votre oncle :wink:

Wheelnut,Wheelnut, Wheelnut. :frowning:
Robert c’est ton oncle.
(or TONTON)

lulu123 you’ll find that Eric Fiolet speaks excellent English. Some of his newer units do have air kits, but he is not at all convinced that they are worth the investment, nothing is leased he buys everything. If you go for it you will find that air kits are not the only area in which he ploughs his own furrow should we say, thats not to say that he is a bad man, far from it. I have never worked for him so I can’t give you any insight to wages etc., but I do know him.

Hi lulu.On a serious note.
I worked out of the Tours area for him for 9 years.Home most weekends (job was 1st into UK thro’ Caen,last out thro’ Portsmouth)
I found them to be fair but strict, stand up for your rights if you think they’re wrong.
I’ve got mates in Boulonge who ran the same.
They worked for Translittoral(same as me) before it was bought by Norbert.
Met him once. he asked “Comment tu vas?” I answered "Ca va et toi?"My boss told me off for being familiar, I said “The dwarf started it”.
I still wonder why they got rid of me.

davel that is quality :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DaveL:
Wheelnut,Wheelnut, Wheelnut. :frowning:
Robert c’est ton oncle.
(or TONTON)

Thank You :stuck_out_tongue:

I know of a driver who left me and went to Fiolet.The truck was based at the Titan truck park at Thurrock and he was mainly tipping and reloading trailers from France and changing at Titan with the promise of going over the water once a week no idea of wages hours etc.

Lulu, you need to talk to Chris (Caveman) about Nobby. He worked for them out of Clermont I think but left and returned to England. I gather he wasn’t too impressed.

What about the company with the blue Magnums and XF105’s, cant think of their name at the min, im sure someone on here knows them though, they are from around the same kind of area and take on English drivers and do a lot of F/GB

kindle530:
What about the company with the blue Magnums and XF105’s, cant think of their name at the min, im sure someone on here knows them though, they are from around the same kind of area and take on English drivers and do a lot of F/GB

You mean TSA, its like HSF with tautliners :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:

You mean euroliners surely? If you’ve ever wondered what those hollow in the sides of side posts were for, be prepared to find out. They hold boards, either wooden or ali ones. What good they do to hold a load in is beyond me, most trailer curtains can hold a lot in. Think it’s Fruehoff advertise them as being able to hold 50% over the max legal load…
Those boards are my daily workout! All that bending and stretching has got to be good for me :laughing: Ah well, they do help the curtain not blow in on the upwind side tho. And any exercise that stops me from ending up with a ■■■■ the size of Belgium has to be good, right?

allikat:

Wheel Nut:

You mean euroliners surely? If you’ve ever wondered what those hollow in the sides of side posts were for, be prepared to find out. They hold boards, either wooden or ali ones. What good they do to hold a load in is beyond me, most trailer curtains can hold a lot in. Think it’s Fruehoff advertise them as being able to hold 50% over the max legal load…
Those boards are my daily workout! All that bending and stretching has got to be good for me :laughing: Ah well, they do help the curtain not blow in on the upwind side tho. And any exercise that stops me from ending up with a ■■■■ the size of Belgium has to be good, right?

Doesnt matter if you load it through the back doors eh? :smiley:

kindle530:

A mate of mine worked for TSA for some time and he always said it was the best job he’s ever had, when he started the boss apologised for giving him such an old motor (2 yr old Magnum) and told him he’d have a new one soon. Used to do a lot of change-overs in Cambridgeshire and straight back out in order to get 2 round trips a week in.

He hardly ever weekended and on the odd occasion would be asked politely would he mind running to Spain rather than going back to England, yes, asked not informed that he was doing it. Good conditions and full facilities at their depot combined with good equipment, saw one on the road last week in a Daf CF!! (that wouldn’t be my first choice for international work)

I almost applied for a job there myself.

Ross.

It was with a couple of English TSA drivers that I ate with at Chez Marie (Relais de Rhodes) north of Limoges one night. They seemed more than happy with the job.

Thanks for replies guys, Stanley Mitchell i think the most i can muster in French is “deux bier sil vous plais” but i am working on more. acd1202 have a word wiv Eric, gissa job. Spardo i might leave Nobby til last knocking, bigr25 i’ve a cv in with TSA they have great kit and sounds like a good job :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

lulu, you have a pm

Wheel Nut:
I would imagine it is more to do with the lease package on the trucks. Look at most of ND trucks, they come as sold by the factory, no bling, no extras.

A lot of modern companies run trucks as part of a global solution where the old transport companies actually liked working with the trucks and drivers.

You have got it wrong,i work for ND based in Chalon France.
Dentressangle have the top spec trucks no matter the make
Get your facts right