Nobby disentangled

chrismac:

Wheel Nut:
I would imagine it is more to do with the lease package on the trucks. Look at most of ND trucks, they come as sold by the factory, no bling, no extras.

A lot of modern companies run trucks as part of a global solution where the old transport companies actually liked working with the trucks and drivers.

You have got it wrong,i work for ND based in Chalon France.
Dentressangle have the top spec trucks no matter the make
Get your facts right

My facts are that Norbert Dentressangle use standard factory trucks, they are not fitted with spoiler kits, spot lights or any extra extras.

During my working week, I spend a lot of time in the same depots, as ND, we share a lot of the work, we share warehousing. Im loaded now for Darfeuille who have just got some new trucks, no air kit, no bling.

Since the OP was about “airkit” I answered the question saying that ND do not use bling.

Must agree with Malc,all I had was a bog standard Magnum with a larger fuel tank than standard.

kerbut:
Must agree with Malc,all I had was a bog standard Magnum with a larger fuel tank than standard.

But a bog standard Magnum is worth loads of bling with many another marque. :wink: :laughing:

All i had was a bog standard 400 premium which was as gutless as ■■?, it was so standard it only had one seat and bed, have to say it was one of the best cabs for monday to friday work i have been in, wouldnt of liked to have had it for 2-3 weeks away at a time though (has anyone else who drove/drives a foreign registered truck noticed how you are treated like a peice of [zb] by your fellow road users, it shocked me and surprised a few fellow truckers when you pull along side and ask them what there king problem is, usually followed by a grovelling apology with the words ‘sorry i thought you was french’)

Big Jules:
(has anyone else who drove/drives a foreign registered truck noticed how you are treated like a peice of sh#t by your fellow road users, it shocked me and surprised a few fellow truckers when you pull along side and ask them what there king problem is, usually followed by a grovelling apology with the words ‘sorry i thought you was french’)

Sorry mate but I have found the exact opposite driving a French wagon in England. Even when waiting in a queue to tip at Sainsbury’s at Haydock everybody was fine when I was pulled to the front of the line and tipped. Felt a bit embarrassed myself but the other drivers were ok about it.
Similarly nobody complained at Waltham X when I was tipped after the official deadline because ‘we don’t apply the rules to foreign trucks’. :unamused: :laughing:

Spardo:

Big Jules:
(has anyone else who drove/drives a foreign registered truck noticed how you are treated like a peice of sh#t by your fellow road users, it shocked me and surprised a few fellow truckers when you pull along side and ask them what there king problem is, usually followed by a grovelling apology with the words ‘sorry i thought you was french’)

I’ve not noticed anything but the complete opposite, Maybe it’s you’re driving ability that is to blame.

I, and i expect most other drivers give a lot of consideration to foreign registered trucks, Especially when they want to overtake.

Spardo:

Big Jules:

Sorry mate but I have found the exact opposite driving a French wagon in England. Even when waiting in a queue to tip at Sainsbury’s at Haydock everybody was fine when I was pulled to the front of the line and tipped. Felt a bit embarrassed myself but the other drivers were ok about it.
Similarly nobody complained at Waltham X when I was tipped after the official deadline because ‘we don’t apply the rules to foreign trucks’. :unamused: :laughing:

I’ve not noticed anything but the complete opposite, Maybe it’s you’re driving ability that is to blame.

I, and i expect most other drivers give a lot of consideration to foreign registered trucks, Especially when they want to overtake.

I found that at delivery points, you are treated no differently to any other driver, but by other road users you seem to be treated with even more contempt, and especially by other British Lorry drivers, they seem to purposely go out of their way to carve you up at times.

BuzzardBoy:
I found that at delivery points, you are treated no differently to any other driver, but by other road users you seem to be treated with even more contempt, and especially by other British Lorry drivers, they seem to purposely go out of their way to carve you up at times.

I am not talking about drivers attitude towards me at RDC’s, warehouses or such like as like Buzz says you are treated the same as the British lads, its the fact of SOME drivers thinking they can cut and carve you up on the motorway and then shout abuse because i was driving a foreign registered truck, i am talking about SOME truck drivers but also alot of car drivers, i had given up at the amount of times i was called a french ####, it also surprised me that when i shouted back in english to pull over they all put there hand up and said sorry so that doesnt sound like my driving was at fault does it.

Twice in central London i was pulled up by car drivers saying i had hit them and twice i called the police as the thick ■■■■■ thought they could blame a foreign truck and get there damage payed for, it would usually help if you going to do that if you pick a truck thats got the same colour as the damage on your car, these two didnt.

hiya this is my first post so bare with me :smiley: um ive been reading alot of threads on here and thisone is interesting cus ive applied to tsa ,but after reading another thread im under the impression you need more than a class 1 licience over there ,can anyone please clear this up thankyou ,