New Renault

Saaamon:
Think it looks pretty good really, like all the new trucks they need to last at least 10years plus, so you need a design that wont age to quickly.

I Like it too, pretty cool in my opinion

Yep, it’s the new magnum, prem will just be lower, whoever chose the launch colour must have been leathered on top notch plonk!

I suspect that someone working for Volvo chose the colour :smiley:

Silver_Surfer:
Yep, it’s the new magnum, prem will just be lower, whoever chose the launch colour must have been leathered on top notch plonk!

The flat floor (Magnum replacement) version will not be available in Right hand drive form in the UK Renault have said

I reckon it fell out of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, the colours used at the launch definatly don’t help, saying that I also disliked the new FH when it was launched, but seeing it liveried up its growing on me. so maybe this will given time to get used to its certainly unique design

It looks like a SISU

More details here

truckingtopics.co.uk/renaulteuro6truc.html

The heavy-duty K (Kerax?) construction truck looks more the part.

there’s a pic of it here

truckingtopics.co.uk/
t
Also looks as though Renault has abandoned the 7.5 tonne market too. The new trucks seem to start at 10 tonnes.

GasGas:

there’s a pic of it here

truckingtopics.co.uk/
t
Also looks as though Renault has abandoned the 7.5 tonne market too. The new trucks seem to start at 10 tonnes.

Not abandoned just not coming here until 2015
commercialmotor.com/latest-n … until-2015

Interesting…a rebadged Nissan…they tried that before with a 3.5-tonner if I remember correctly. The DTI5 engine in the new trucks is a UD (was Nissan Diesel) unit.

Seriously…what was going on when they chose that colour?

Sacre Blu! No more magnums for us. I had heard it was the prem they were stopping which I thought was nuts. Makes sense though bet they only sell a handful of mags here. Just like merc not selling the solo star concept here in right hand form which is a shame as I thought that was its main selling point & may have got guys out of v8 scania’s.

Rikki-UK:

GasGas:

there’s a pic of it here

truckingtopics.co.uk/
t

Not abandoned just not coming here until 2015
commercialmotor.com/latest-n … until-2015

If we’re still here

Steve

I’m going to ask my boss to order me one. Pref. with the lower cab… :smiley: :smiley:

I think they had it right with this one below. I know you have to keep up with the times but theres only one word for the new one UGLY

Geoffo:
I’m going to ask my boss to order me one. Pref. with the lower cab… :smiley: :smiley:

Working on the basis that you’ll never get what you ask for?

Works for teenage children too.

“Son, I think I would be a great idea if you got a tattoo on your face. I’d think you were cool!”

bigt1979:
It looks like a SISU

SISU, spot on. It was driving me nuts trying to remember what it reminded me of!

Having seen the other pics, I actually quite like it now. I’m imagining one a bit more colour-coded in diamond black with 70-profile super singles*.

*On the steer axle that is. Magnum anoraks will know what I mean :smiley:

Who remembers the Renault Radiance concept truck that was supposed to replace the Magnum?

carpages.co.uk/renault/renau … _12_04.asp

I thought it looked fantastic, but I suppose it will never be now.

Scanner:
Having seen the other pics, I actually quite like it now. I’m imagining one a bit more colour-coded in diamond black with 70-profile super singles*.

I have a faint recollection of Magnums with SS tyres on the drive axle being imported by accident…and for some reason they couldn’t be converted to UK legal spec.

GasGas:

Scanner:

I have a faint recollection of Magnums with SS tyres on the drive axle being imported by accident…and for some reason they couldn’t be converted to UK legal spec.

Do you remember if it was when the then new Magnum was launched? I seem to remember something in a magazine saying they would be the next big thing in tyres, but I could be completely wrong. My memory isn’t what it was! :smiley: