new quiz

ROG:

Coffeeholic:
and that leads to 06:00 Sunday being the only possible answer.

I must have missed the word LATEST somewhere :blush: :blush:

you also misted the would earliest, but neither were there anyway

delboytwo:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Exactly - there is no answer that fits the question as given

ROG:

delboytwo:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Exactly - there is no answer that fits the question as given

quizs can have red herrings in there cos it make you think

Definition of red herring

any diversion intended to distract attention from the main issue

I don’t care which kind of fish they are :wink: - the question still does not ask for a specific answer :slight_smile: - hence the guesses :unamused:

ROG:
I don’t care which kind of fish they are :wink: - the question still does not ask for a specific answer :slight_smile: - hence the guesses :unamused:

Rog do you remember this question from Coffeeholic

A driver begins work in Manchester at 06:00 on Monday after a full weekly rest. He collects a full load for Zagreb and sets of for the train. On his way down the M1 he stops at Newport Pagnall for a break and a coffee, he gets chatting to another driver and has a 25-minute break. later he pulls of the M25 into the truck stop at junction 26 for another coffee and a bacon sandwich. He has a 20 minute break here. He arrives at the terminal having done 6.5 hours driving so far today. He catches a train and once off the other side he pushes on, He stops for fuel and a cooffe then does a bit more, finally parking for the day at 20:50. Total driving time for the day 9 hours 55 minutes.

all of that info was a red herring cos i did not read the one word that would have got the right answer and that was Zagreb

if you want to argue the point fine but for some own reason you do not get any question i set,its my choice to set a question my way and how i word it, if for some unknown reason you can’t see the trick in there fine, if a guru set that question as i worded it and there told you the answer you would never doubted them only me

i think i will not post any more quiz’s

cos all it does is course problems

good bye have fun

delboytwo:
i think i will not post any more quiz’s

cos all it does is course problems

good bye have fun

Don’t stop just because ROG can’t face the fact that he never got it right Del :wink:

We’ve all failed to get the correct answers to your questions on occasions Del … including you sometimes :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

delboytwo:
3 When would a weekly rest start if you had completed 56 hours driving in that week and you did no POA and only work and driving and you took the minimum breaks required, your start time was Monday 6am you have had a 45 hour rest and only drove 34 hours last week

Where is the question that asks for a specific answer in the above ?

If you can take out the red herrings from the above quote and leave the question (without adding anything) then I will concede that I have it wrong - that’s fair

delboytwo:
if you want to argue the point fine but for some own reason you do not get any question i set,its my choice to set a question my way and how i word it, if for some unknown reason you can’t see the trick in there fine,

Not only your questions Del. ROG seems to have a problem understanding questions from anybody. Look how many times he asks people who have posted a question in this forum to supply lots of unneeded additional information because he has failed to understand the question, even as far as claiming it is so the ‘gurus’ can better answer the question.

Don’t let the fact ROG obviously has a problem getting to the basics of the question stop you posting quizzes. The very fact you are posting tacho quizzes and getting the answers correct, which you weren’t doing with some of your earlier quiz questions, shows how much your understanding of the regulations has improved in recent months. Keep 'em coming Del, who knows it may in the long run helps with ROG’s understanding of the regulations. :wink:

Coffeeholic:
who knows it may in the long run helps with ROG’s understanding of the regulations.

One way to test me - set some questions/quiz for EU regulation 561/2006 and see how I do :bulb:

ROG:
If you can take out the red herrings from the above quote and leave the question (without adding anything) then I will concede that I have it wrong - that’s fair

Red Herrings removed = 3 When would a weekly rest start if your start time was Monday 6am.

Now it could start at any time but as you have only one start point, 06:00 Monday, to work from then the only answer you can give with a time in it is 06:00 Sunday. Simples.

Coffeeholic:
3 When would a weekly rest start if your start time was Monday 6am.

EASY - when you finished your last shift in that week

It does not ask for the latest time

ROG:

delboytwo:
3 When would a weekly rest start if you had completed 56 hours driving in that week and you did no POA and only work and driving and you took the minimum breaks required, your start time was Monday 6am you have had a 45 hour rest and only drove 34 hours last week

Where is the question that asks for a specific answer in the above ?

OK Rog here goes

When would a weekly rest start

Monday 6am

and as some one as said the most important word here is would

ROG:

Coffeeholic:
who knows it may in the long run helps with ROG’s understanding of the regulations.

One way to test me - set some questions/quiz for EU regulation 561/2006 and see how I do :bulb:

I did a couple of weeks ago and you failed because you didn’t read and pick the important points from the question.

We’ll always have Zagreb ROG. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:
We’ll always have Zagreb ROG

That was AETR not 561/2006 :wink:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

It was all in your beloved gv262. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Who mentioned GV262 :question: - I was on about 561/2006 :confused:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Who mentioned GV262 :question: - I was on about 561/2006 :confused:

The question I set was covered by gv262, which you put so much faith in, and is something you need to know about if you drive under 561/2006 so it ticks all the boxes and did meet your request for questions concerning 561/2006. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway Del already asked me for more quiz questions last week and I’ll give you the same answer I gave him, I’ll do them at the weekend. :wink:

GV262 for UK only but 561/2006 for the whole of the EU.

Using GV262 for a specific question that covers all EU countries would be ‘unwise’

ROG:
GV262 for UK only but 561/2006 for the whole of the EU.

Using GV262 for a specific question that covers all EU countries would be ‘unwise’

Not really unwise, it is the same across Europe. All gv262 does is let you know what you can get away with here that you might not get away with elsewhere. As long as you know you might not get away with it in other countries it isn’t really a problem.

gv262 covers AETR rules does it not?

Coffeeholic:
gv262 covers AETR rules does it not?

Yes it does -but to answer specific legal questions on AETR I would be inclined to look at the actual legal regs as I do for 561/2006
I have both sets of regs - GV262 & 561/2006 but not AETR