new quiz

hope you have popcorn ready :stuck_out_tongue:

1 How often can you do an extension on driving between weekly rests in all possible circumstances

2 How much daily rest is available in a 24 hour period, working 12 hours in that 24 hour period when you have used all your reductions

3 When would a weekly rest start if you had completed 56 hours driving in that week and you did no POA and only work and driving and you took the minimum breaks required, your start time was Monday 6am you have had a 45 hour rest and only drove 34 hours last week

4 Your boss as asked you to take a trailer to the other depot, the other depot is 5 hours drive there and 5 hours back you have been working for 1 hour already, what options would be open to the boss to get that done in that day

5 Your the driver of a 7.5 ton truck and have a drivers mate to assist you, you work 5 days per week and do an average week of 48 hours work, your mate does not drive the truck and you follow all working time and EU regs,you mate ask you a question, (the boss as asked me to take the trucks for service on sat and there 5 of them to go there what time would i have to finish on Saturday to be able to go with you on Mon at 7am) what would you tell him and why

delboytwo:
1 How often can you do an extension on driving between weekly rests in all possible circumstances

delboytwo:
2 How much daily rest is available in a 24 hour period, working 12 hours in that 24 hour period when you have used all your reductions

delboytwo:
3 When would a weekly rest start if you had completed 56 hours driving in that week and you did no POA and only work and driving and you took the minimum breaks required, your start time was Monday 6am you have had a 45 hour rest and only drove 34 hours last week

Depends on how much other work was done

delboytwo:
4 Your boss as asked you to take a trailer to the other depot, the other depot is 5 hours drive there and 5 hours back you have been working for 1 hour already, what options would be open to the boss to get that done in that day

If that driver has a 10 hour driving day available then put that driver on it - but hope there are no hold ups - that driver has only been working for 1 hour and not driving, according to the info supplied.

If hold-ups are possible then double manning would be better as the driver in the question has only worked for 1 hour and this is permissable for double manning

There is one other way if a company car available - driver A follows truck in car for 1 hour then swaps with driver B who drives car back to depot - I think that is allowed…

delboytwo:
5 Your the driver of a 7.5 ton truck and have a drivers mate to assist you, you work 5 days per week and do an average week of 48 hours work, your mate does not drive the truck and you follow all working time and EU regs,you mate ask you a question, (the boss as asked me to take the trucks for service on sat and there 5 of them to go there what time would i have to finish on Saturday to be able to go with you on Mon at 7am) what would you tell him and why

It would be up to the boss to put right the 48 hour average if one week went above it.
Apart from the RT(WTD)R there is no problem as the weekly rest needs to be started by 0700 Sunday

delboytwo:
hope you have popcorn ready :stuck_out_tongue:

1…2

2…12

3… :question: how much other work did you do?

4…if you have only been working and not driving, then you could do it---------get another driver to do it-----stick a new card in :smiling_imp: ------double man your truck------

5…if hes finished before 7 am on sunday, he will still be legal so long as he sticks to eu rules on daily driving time…etc as he will have had a reduced weekly rest of 24 hrs and as he dont drive in the week,he probally still has wtd hours left so no need to worry about that

delboytwo:

4 times (10 hour driving time resets on a Sunday night/Monday morning at midnight) if you work over the weekend and monday and tuesday but cant use them teh follwoing weekend. usually just 2 a week!

delboytwo:

12 hours

delboytwo:

Need to know how much other work is being done

delboytwo:

send the driver if he has a 10 hour drive available but if it was me planning it i wouldnt chance it, i would either double man it or night out the driver (the trailer would get there that day but he wouldnt get back in one if he met any delays.)

delboytwo:

If he was to have a full weekly rest he would need to be finished by 1000 on Saturday, reduced rest 0700 on sunday

ROG:
delboytwo wrote:3 When would a weekly rest start if you had completed 56 hours driving in that week and you did no POA and only work and driving and you took the minimum breaks required, your start time was Monday 6am you have had a 45 hour rest and only drove 34 hours last week

205:

Lee G:

hi all i have given you all the info required it got a big clue in how much work was done in the question :stuck_out_tongue:

delboytwo:

Assuming that you’re working to EU regulations, the weekly rest should start no later than 06:00 Sunday.

delboytwo:

ROG:
delboytwo wrote:3 When would a weekly rest start if you had completed 56 hours driving in that week and you did no POA and only work and driving and you took the minimum breaks required, your start time was Monday 6am you have had a 45 hour rest and only drove 34 hours last week

205:

Lee G:

hi all i have given you all the info required it got a big clue in how much work was done in the question :stuck_out_tongue:

There is a maximum of 4 hours other work available to make 56 up to 60 max for RT(WTD)R but no idea of how much is actually done
It could be argued that the minimum other work is 15 mins each day for the vehicle checks

Needs clarification before an answwer can be given

tachograph:

delboytwo:

Assuming that you’re working to EU regulations, the weekly rest should start no later than 06:00 Sunday.

hi tachograph well done mate

you spotted the trick in my question did you :stuck_out_tongue:

I would have answered 0600 Sun if you had asked what is the LATEST that you can start the next weekly rest but that was not your question :exclamation:

ROG:
I would have answered 0600 Sun if you had asked what is the LATEST that you can start the next weekly rest but that was not your question :exclamation:

Rog there would in fact be lots of answers to this question cos i did not say what time the driver starts on the other days did not say the latest cos then that would of made the question easy all the info is there to course confusion

the answers that is was looking for was Sunday 06.00

what i could of said was

When would a weekly rest be required, your start time was Monday 6am you have had a 45 hour rest

which would of made the question to easy

As Del said, if you gave a specific answer to the question it almost had to be wrong, as the question was so vague Del would simply change the question without you knowing :laughing:

Devious [ZB] :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

As far as I can see the only possible indisputable answer would be the latest time legally allowed :wink:

tachograph:
Devious [ZB] :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

not me mate wouldn’t no how :stuck_out_tongue:

delboytwo:

Start mon 0600
drive 10 - breaks 1.5 hours - rest 9 - time now tue 0230
drive 10 - breaks 1.5 hours - rest 9 - time now tue 2300
drive 9 - breaks 45 mins - rest 9 - time now wed 1745
drive 9 - breaks 45 mins - rest 11 - time now thu 1430
drive 9 - breaks 45 mins - rest 11 - time now fri 1115
drive 9 - breaks 45 mins - time now fri 2100 START WEEKLY REST
any other work time would need to be added to the start of the weekly rest time

56 hours driving using minimum breaks and rest as per your question

ROG:

delboytwo:

Start mon 0600

I’m sure I’m misunderstanding this but … you want to add other work to rest time :confused: :confused:

Care to explain why you would need to take a weekly rest at 21:00 Friday, and why there’s no other work in your example when Del clearly said only work and driving was done ?

ROG:

delboytwo:

Start mon 0600

You’ve used minimum rest times in your example but the question never said how much rest was being taken between each shift, it said maximum driving, no POA and minimum breaks so your answer is in fact not as per the question. The only possible answer which cannot be disputed is 06:00 Sunday.

You added stuff into a question and got the answer wrong, that’s not like you. OH!!! Hang on, that’s exactly like you. :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

delboytwo:

ROG:

205:

Lee G:

no later than 06:00 on sunday

Coffeeholic:
You’ve used minimum rest times in your example but the question never said how much rest was being taken between each shift, it said maximum driving, no POA and minimum breaks so your answer is in fact not as per the question. The only possible answer which cannot be disputed is 06:00 Sunday.

Where does it say that the driver has the same start time each day?

I would put that slightly differently - the LATEST start time for weekly rest is 0600 sunday which I already said earlier :smiley:

From what I can see, there is no answer to the question as the info supplied is insufficient

But it’s fun to try and guess what answer Del is thinking of without the use of a crystal ball :wink: :laughing:

ROG:

Coffeeholic:

Where does it say that the driver has the same start time each day?

It doesn’t, that’s the point. You can only answer based on the given info and most of the info was just a red herring to disguise the fact it was actually a simple question. The only relevant bit of the question is 06:00 Monday, everything else is just padding as it really doesn’t matter how much driving was done or breaks taken, and that leads to 06:00 Sunday being the only possible answer.

Coffeeholic:
You can only answer based on the given info and most of the info was just a red herring to disguise the fact it was actually a simple question.

Are you sure it was a Herring?

Coffeeholic:
and that leads to 06:00 Sunday being the only possible answer.

I must have missed the word LATEST somewhere :blush: :blush: