New job on tippers

Hi everyone been offered a new job today on tippers with pm transport in Liverpool.looking forward to starting but not done much tipping work.any lads on here work for them or any advice or tips would be much appreciated.

tips

:laughing: :laughing: sorry immature of me :blush:

What sort of tipper work do they do? Aggregate, muck, tarmac?
Some basics;
Look up before tipping (cables, branches etc)
Check tailgate is undone/fastened up.
Tip on fairly level ground.
Don’t engage diff locks when the wheels are spinning.
8wheelers have a larger turning circle and a hell of a "pinch point"when cornering.
Wear ppe in quarries (the big guns love banning people).
Check your rear wheels for stones.

Muckaway:
What sort of tipper work do they do? Aggregate, muck, tarmac?
Some basics;
Look up before tipping (cables, branches etc)
Check tailgate is undone/fastened up.
Tip on fairly level ground.
Don’t engage diff locks when the wheels are spinning.
8wheelers have a larger turning circle and a hell of a "pinch point"when cornering.
Wear ppe in quarries (the big guns love banning people).
Check your rear wheels for stones.

Sorry I should of said.its all class 1 work and mainly grain and oil seed ■■■■ as far as I know so I can guess it will get a bit dusty.

From the looks of them, their motors don’t owe them a penny.

cargocargocargo:
From the looks of them, their motors don’t owe them a penny.

On a positive note, that could mean no trackers and cctv then.
:smiley:

Oh ! Farm Produce, get used to the long waits then, while queuing, in the rain & the augers are all jammed up, taking about 1 Tom an hour. Lol.

Years since I tipped at a silo, so it might be a bit better now !

Motors have certainly paid for themselves 3 times over you will be flat out all the time heard different reports about management but you always get that if your in a job now stay where u are if u can if not well not to lose

Depending on where and how they tipp it could take 1 min to a couple of hours, make sure u got hard hat steel toe cap boots hard wearing gloves and a good fitting dust mask, now hurry up and take your time

Thanks for the advice everyone.all taken on board.

Don’t forget you will need a pair of rigger boots a wife beater vest and a complete disregard of the highway code.

mike68:
Don’t forget you will need a pair of rigger boots a wife beater vest and a complete disregard of the highway code.

That did make me chuckle :laughing:

when your tipping don’t look at the clouds :laughing:

I’ll give you the same advice I give all newby tipper drivers

Thumbs on the wheel not in it off road

Check the tailgate

Look up before tipping

Check it’s fairly flat especially on class 1

Take a duster

Take several books or similar

You’d best have a decent map book

The speed limit does not apply (especially on a Friday)

You won’t see the field the farmer is on about the Landrover/tractor/chicken will of moved so it’s a useless land mark for directions

You won’t get in there regardless if they’ve had bigger in before ( a transit with a trailer is NOT bigger than an artic)

Anything else PM me and I’ll do what I can

On foodstuffs, cleanliness is important. Keep the trailer swept. Believe it or not it’s noot okay to leave grain in a trailer then load aggregates. It will grow, I’ve seen it and the aggregate will be rejected if shoots are found.

If you hear the words, “the milk lorry comes in there all the time”, just go home because it’s just not worth it!

You won’t be too bad tipping grain, it flows well.
Also remember less chance of tippin over while the ram is moving.
If it’s an artic, park straight to stop pivoting on the coupling.
Best of luck with it all

Tipper Tom:
I’ll give you the same advice I give all newby tipper drivers

Thumbs on the wheel not in it off road

Check the tailgate

Look up before tipping

Check it’s fairly flat especially on class 1

Take a duster

Take several books or similar

You’d best have a decent map book

The speed limit does not apply (especially on a Friday)

You won’t see the field the farmer is on about the Landrover/tractor/chicken will of moved so it’s a useless land mark for directions

You won’t get in there regardless if they’ve had bigger in before ( a transit with a trailer is NOT bigger than an artic)

Anything else PM me and I’ll do what I can

Yeah it can be quite electrifying if you dont look up before you tip

kitbuilder123:

Why is that?

Contraflow:

kitbuilder123:

Why is that?

Because the weight is not sat still for the sideways action to act on it’s moving is the only explanation I’ve had for this but I’ve heard it from people with more experience on tippers going backwards than I have going forwards

Tipper Tom:

Contraflow:

kitbuilder123:

Why is that?

Because the weight is not sat still for the sideways action to act on it’s moving is the only explanation I’ve had for this but I’ve heard it from people with more experience on tippers going backwards than I have going forwards

I know it’s best to not fanny about, get it up and get the load moving… but the load can be moving without the ram moving.

I wondered if the actual upward (or downward) motion of the body had any effect on the likelihood of it going over?

Where’s that nutcase who’s supposed to have a physics PhD when you need him? :laughing: