New job on tippers

I can see that the downward movement would do more to prevent a rollover by lowering the centre of gravity.

I can also see the load moving regardless what the ram is doing.

I can’t see that bloke having a PHD though

If its going up more of the load will come out and can often get you out of trouble especaly if the load is free flowing

Clay doesn’t move whether it’s going up or down, a good reverse and then hit the anchors is best practice I always found?

kr79:
If its going up more of the load will come out and can often get you out of trouble especaly if the load is free flowing

I’ve left my body up this weekend as I’ve got nearly a tonne of muck stuck in it. Too late for a digger to scrape it out. Hoping I’ve got a load of stone or ■■■■■■■■ on Monday to push it out., or it’ll be a late start waiting for a digger.
Hoping we get another downpour to loosen it too…

Half a ton of zb sitting in top of 19 ton of pristine type 1 used to ruin many a Monday morn for moi

If its Pm transport then a lot of their work is inter mill and dock. I see them running from Liverpool to Allied and \Hovis in Manchester. I dont think they do Mega mileage - they do have some trampers but it depends what part of the jobyour on. If you see a Pink daf with “Litenin” in the Windscreen, say Hi.

Not allowed to wear rigger boots in a lot of places , need an epic card to get in quarrys, lots of rules in Liverpool docks collecting feed, hat boots glasses hiviz only get out of cab in certain areas, some one got burried when pile of feed collapsed on him.

i started on bulk agri work a few weeks ago, best bet is to speak to old hands, cause certain materials, like some blends of cattle feed just will not come out, you need to speak nice to the bucket drivers to get some pellets in the bottom to help it slide.

also a good pair of boots and a boiler suit often helps. and a decent throw rope for pulling the sheet back, the one I originally had stretched and I looked like a right gimp trying to wind the sheet back.

NEVER fall out with the customer/loader, the lad with the keys to the JCB/CAT can make or break your day.

The last note is enjoy it, I’ve been to some far out farms that you need to phone the farmer for directions (keep a good pen and notepad in the cab) you will get motorway miles to miles of driveway that is barely wide enough.

lightning:
If you see a Pink daf with “Litenin” in the Windscreen, say Hi.

:neutral_face:

How did you get on Dave