new actros

has anybody got 1 ? or driven 1 yet ?

on friday i was in mercedes in bradford as my truck broke down and managed to swindle a 30min test drive of a 510bhp gigaspace and i must say what a piece of kit this truck is, ok as a demo it had everything fitted but what a well designed truck inside and outside,was a million times better than the actros i drive at the min had tons of room, was majorly comfy and the 510 engine gave off a nice growl too, was very impressed

here is a few pics :

me driving the beast :blush:

Dont know who looks more scary, you or the front grille!

How much bigger are they inside the cab compared to the old MP2 megaspace?

beauty and the beast :question: :smiley:

Yepp, driven one for a month now. Much better to drive than my “old” FH 520, but a bit laizier.
Powertronic II is as good as I-shift.
Fuel economy is a few liter/100km smaller than my old.

They do a grill on these that looks like it comes off a merc amg car…that looks really cool

cheers commonrail :grimacing:

robinhood_1984:
Dont know who looks more scary, you or the front grille!

How much bigger are they inside the cab compared to the old MP2 megaspace?

robinhood, they are alot bigger inside than the megaspace, the have a totally different feel inside them too, everythings is different to them in someshape or form, they have done away with the gearshift control on the arm rest and have relocated it to the exhaust brake stalk which is now 3 stages and moved the cruise control to the steering wheel, the dash is all different and has a number of very imformative screens too

overall from my 30min drive its a very very good truck

I had a look in one at truckfest. Whilst the outside is totally different, I found the changes inside more subtle. The floor pan lockers and bunks were the same, it was only the dash and the fridge that were different. I think the change of dash gives a perception of wholesale change rather than subtle

I found the worst thing about the Megaspace to be the incredibly narrow bottom bunk, which was a bit too high to comfortably sit on. Unlike the DAF95 for example where the bunk is wider between the seats and offers a sofa like seat, especially with the table that pulls out from the dash.

OVLOV JAY:
I had a look in one at truckfest. Whilst the outside is totally different, I found the changes inside more subtle. The floor pan lockers and bunks were the same, it was only the dash and the fridge that were different. I think the change of dash gives a perception of wholesale change rather than subtle

yerr thats what i meant mate, like they still have the under dash drawer but its redesigned and angled towards the driver, its the little touches that do it for me like the chrome handbrake with the leather gaitor, the chrome indicator/exhaust brake stalks, its the little touches that make the diffence,

wouldnt mind having 1 as a permanant motor though

mark h:

OVLOV JAY:

yerr thats what i meant mate, like they still have the under dash drawer but its redesigned and angled towards the driver, its the little touches that do it for me like the chrome handbrake with the leather gaitor, the chrome indicator/exhaust brake stalks, its the little touches that make the diffence,

wouldnt mind having 1 as a permanant motor though

I wonder what a more basic fleet spec one would be like though? The Megaspace wasn’t a bad truck, I just feel the rear of the cab could have been done a lot better for driver comfort/livability. Mind, it was a vast improvement from the first Actros, the MP1!!! What a hideously wasted interior that thing had.

All the gizmos on ours got the drivers moaning whiteline wander, brakes if too close` etc & only 51& half mph

greek:
All the gizmos on ours got the drivers moaning whiteline wander, brakes if too close` etc & only 51& half mph

No thanks!

I think this truck is the biggest leap forward in heavy truck design since the magnum.

When you look at it and then look at the design concept that turkish designer did for a new scania, you can see the direction heavy truck design is heading for the next 20 years. Some cracking looking motors on the way

Yeah,we just want the work and the economy to pick up so we can buy and pay for them!
Very nice truck though,just the job for international work I would have thought.

The adblue tanks is too small i think,and the exhaust is too big. What happened to your own Merc MarkH :question:

ellies dad:
The adblue tanks is too small i think,and the exhaust is too big. What happened to your own Merc MarkH :question:

Ths gearbox ecu packed up common problem!

managed a test drive the other week, thought it was a fantastic drive well layed out inside .
hoping to get one in sept but dont kno how generous the boss will feel when specing it !
was told the giga space £86K AND IF U WANT EURO 6 ANOTHER £7K!!!

gazwrf:

ellies dad:

Must be,mine has had an ecu aswell :blush:

ellies dad:

gazwrf:

ellies dad:

Must be,mine has had an ecu aswell :blush:

Yerr gaz is right Ellie’s dad, ecu decided to pack in when I stopped for a break, all fixed on the Friday back to earning the penny’s !!