My diary of my 2 days with me dad

This is my first diary so it may be a bit long and rubbish but I fancied having a go at making one.

My diary is only 2 days long and starts on a Thursday, with me and my dad leaving the house at 13:30 for the truck, we nip to a supermarket first so we arrive at the truck at 13:45, after sorting everything out and doing checks we set off at 14:00.

78542389938.jpg

We arrive at Great Bear at Skem at 14:30 even though we were booked in for earlier.

Anyway were sent round to bay 42 and were half loaded with gravy granules, pickled onions and salt (sorry no pics). Were loaded and leaving for Kammac Plc in Knowsley at 15:16. We make it there in 20 minutes and then have to wait until 16:35 before we are told to go round to bay B to be loaded.

765234.jpg

16 minutes is all it takes to load us and were full now with Supernoodles, pasta sauces, angel delight and tins of custard. We pull off the bay and go back round for the paperwork and pull out at 17:00.

We set off for the yard now down in Evesham, and hit all the M6 traffic so we make it to Twyford services 10 minutes away from the yard, we have a 30 minute break and set off for the yard again at 20:40 (which is very late for us). We get back to the yard, fuel up, swap trailers and set off for Birmingham wholesale market at 21:05. We make it to Birmingham for 21:56 and i tip the 8 pallets of watermelons and the one butternut squash.

So we leave Birmingham at 22:27 and head for Cardiff.

We get to Cardiff wholesale market quite late at 00:55 and were tipped in 6 minutes as theres nobody about, but we have to sort tickets out and have a chat so we only leave at 01:40. Were off to a private drop in Swansea now on a side street opposite the train station called Fred Ley, we get there at 02:30 and have a pallet of carrots, raspberry’s and some herbs. Im on the forklift here while my dads in the trailer.

Were tipped and on our way for 02:45 and head back for Hereford but we come back along the A465 so no pics. We park up at 03:30 and watch some TV before going to bed at 04:40, were parked up next to the train line at Abergavenny. We get up at 11:35 and have breakfast and watch TV till 14:00.

Good diary, good days/nights work, i worked for IDS so i done that sort of work myself , that swansea drop wasnt Fred Leys was it ?.

We set off for a farm in Allensmore to load some spuds and we load 4 pallets of boxes and a pallet of bags.

We get there at 14:15 and were away for 14:33. We then set off for a farm in lower hope which is an hour away. We loaded 3 pallets of raspberry’s and a pallet of cherries. We leave for Ledbury at at 15:50 and get to the next place called Wye Fruit where we load 7 pallets of strawberries.

We arrive here at 16:20 and were gone at 16:50 which is nice and quick.

We get back to the yard at 17:40 and fuel up.

We back the trailer onto our normal bay which is number 9 and were tipped and reloaded and were away at 18:38 which is very quick aswell.

We arrive in liverpool at 21:36 and im on the forklift so were tipped quick and we leave at 22:30. (although we do have a brew and nip the toilet so we are finished earlier than when we left)

IMG_0407.jpg

Next drop is Fresh Direct in Ashton-in-Makerfield which we aarived at, at 23:05 and were on a bay and gone by 23:20.

IMG_0416.jpg

We arrive at Haslams & Dobsons in north Preston at midnight and once again im on the forklift while my dads in the trailer.

We leave at 00:14 and get to our next drop at 00:15 which is another private drop called Cooksons, were out of there at 00:28 as the stuff gets checked by them so it takes a bit longer.

Our last drop is a private drop called Sharrocks which we arrive at, at 00:43 but everythings gone to ■■■■ so theres only 2 bays to tip on instead of the normal 3 and theres 2 trucks on the bay and 2 in front of us so we finally get on a bay at 01:35 and were tipped at 01:53 because we go in and help them check everything even though your not meant to go into the warehouse, all that sorted were finished and heading hope and were parked up at 02:15 and im tucked up in bed for 03:00.

Thanks for reading this :smiley:

truckeygar:
Good diary, good days/nights work, i worked for IDS so i done that sort of work myself , that swansea drop wasnt Fred Leys was it ?.

Aye it was Fred Leys, i thought id put the name in but i hadnt so ive edited it and cheers for that, my dad only does welsh and lancs so theres no point in me doing another diary unless somebody really wanted me to but i enjoy going and doing this work, i know a few people from IDS aswell actually.

By heck there’s a lot of detail in the diary, well done… Can you go round a few other transport company offices and teach the office staff.

Trukkertone:
By heck there’s a lot of detail in the diary, well done… Can you go round a few other transport company offices and teach the office staff.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Cracking diary and of a type of work we don’t see normally on here, well done :smiley:

Ahaha thanks guys, i noticed i couldnt find any market diaries so i decided to have a go at one :stuck_out_tongue:

Well done, good diary, looking forward to the next one :wink:

brados:

Im not sure if there will be a next one :confused: :confused: its just its the same stuff on a tuesday and a bit different on wednesdays, but if you do want one i will do one?

matizerSCANIAR480:

brados:

Im not sure if there will be a next one :confused: :confused: its just its the same stuff on a tuesday and a bit different on wednesdays, but if you do want one i will do one?

Just do it if you want to, most on here enjoy reading about peoples jobs.

Next time i go i’ll do one, there wont be much variation

nice to see a company that still allows drivers to take their boys out with them

I enjoyed doing this type of work just couldnt get to grips with night work, i would meet up with spiers lads and swap pallets good bunch of drivers ,was a regular on the lancs route myself, how much are the porters charging for the forks nowadays it was a fiver a go 3 years ago greedy sods and then they moaned if you had them to long,

Great Diary Matt pal:D

Excellent diary! :sunglasses:

Good diary and great photos,why would it be boring?

truckeygar:
I enjoyed doing this type of work just couldnt get to grips with night work, i would meet up with spiers lads and swap pallets good bunch of drivers ,was a regular on the lancs route myself, how much are the porters charging for the forks nowadays it was a fiver a go 3 years ago greedy sods and then they moaned if you had them to long,

Liverpool is free for us, so’s Preston, Birmingham is paid for by Hartwells so im not sure and Cardiff is a five, oh and Swansea is free as there’s nobody about, this was quite a late night tbh were normally parked up for 3, from what ive heard the lads in wolves only charge 2 quid!! and cheers everyone :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

taffytrucker:
nice to see a company that still allows drivers to take their boys out with them

And for a company to let the unofficial passenger use the fork lift without so much as an induction or otherwise… :confused:

Ken.

Quinny:

taffytrucker:

And for a company to let the unofficial passenger use the fork lift without so much as an induction or otherwise… :confused:

Ken.

here we go,wondered when the first jobsworth would stick his oar in! :unamused:

Davyboy:

Quinny:

taffytrucker:

Ken.

here we go,wondered when the first jobsworth would stick his oar in! :unamused:

And if at 13mph he rolls it, who will be shouting then?

Ken.