Mugs job if anybody interested?

Even the number takes the p 6.66 must be a a job for the devil :smiley:

To be honest if you have no income, you will accept whats on offer.They know that, its a disgrace.

Semtex:

fredthered:
So c’mon! Who did take it?

Probably someone forced to by the Jobcentre under the threat of having their benefits stopped

As much as it’s a ■■■■ rate, I don’t believe anyone should be getting benefits when there is a job going that they can do.

stevieboy308:

Semtex:

fredthered:

Probably someone forced to by the Jobcentre under the threat of having their benefits stopped

As much as it’s a [zb] rate, I don’t believe anyone should be getting benefits when there is a job going that they can do.

In an ideal world yes, however (with all due respect) it is that attitude that is keeping the rates down.

(And since I don’t have an ADR then I can’t do that job…besides on monday I start tramping on fridges for another firm that has been slated on here for crap rates)

Semtex:

stevieboy308:

Semtex:

fredthered:

As much as it’s a [zb] rate, I don’t believe anyone should be getting benefits when there is a job going that they can do.

In an ideal world yes, however (with all due respect) it is that attitude that is keeping the rates down.

(And since I don’t have an ADR then I can’t do that job…besides on monday I start tramping on fridges for another firm that has been slated on here for crap rates)

I don’t think it’s attitudes like mine keeping the rates down, it’s the free market, supply and demand steering the rates, as they always do!

Benefits are / should be a last resort, a safety net

stevieboy308:

Semtex:

fredthered:

That was a similar argument used to defend slavery. My slaves may not get paid, But they are well fed and have a roof over their heads.
If you are only earning enough to eat and put a roof over your head, You are in no better position than a slave.

Isn’t there any Nobby drivers on here - anywhere on here - hello? Own up. :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:

stevieboy308:

Semtex:

fredthered:

That was a similar argument used to defend slavery. My slaves may not get paid, But they are well fed and have a roof over their heads.
If you are only earning enough to eat and put a roof over your head, You are in no better position than a slave.

The slaves were bought and sold and not able to move to pastures new. So not really the same is it Phil? No one should be able to refuse a job paying nmw or above and expect everyone to feed and house them, imho.

stevieboy308:

Semtex:

stevieboy308:

Semtex:

fredthered:

I don’t think it’s attitudes like mine keeping the rates down, it’s the free market, supply and demand steering the rates, as they always do!

Benefits are / should be a last resort, a safety net

Nothing keeps drivers rates down like Housing Benefit - since immigrants would not be able to afford to live in this country at all on driver’s low pay without such benefits.

Socketset:
Isn’t there any Nobby drivers on here - anywhere on here - hello? Own up. :laughing: :laughing:

Yeh! :exclamation:

This has to be a joke now! Where’s it going to stop. This pretty well contradicts the article in Commercial Motor prophesying the scarcity of drivers. If there really was a scarcity of drivers, then companies wouldn’t be offering pittances like this.
Especially the so called ‘big players’ like Norbert Dentressangle!

An excellent opportunity has arisen within Norbert Dentressangle Transport UK for a Night Shift Class 1 driver to join the team at Moores Wetherby. The purpose of the role is to:
To provide Norbert Dentressangle & Moores Furniture Group with an efficient & high quality service
To project a professional & courteous image to customers and the general public
To operate company vehicles in a safe and efficient manner in accordance with current regulations
Guaranteed 51.5 hours per week
Hours of work 1800 - 0500, Monday to Friday (although some flexibility is required)
Main accountabilities to include but not be limited to:
To report on time in work wear provided and PPE equipment
Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly
Carry out start/end circle checks as per procedure
Ensure vehicle is loaded safely & correctly
Operate to law & tachos regulations
Reporting of damage to vehicle
Follow correct procedures for defect/accident reporting
Carry out good housekeeping of vehicles
Refuel vehicles to depot procedures
Understanding Customer requirements
To be courteous to customers/public and maintain a professional manner
To be seen as a professional member of the company
Maintain communication with the office base location.
We have a compelling vision for the future and need exceptional talent to achieve this - which is where you come in.

Providing You Don’t Mind Worrking For ‘NOWT.’

stevieboy308:

limeyphil:

stevieboy308:

Semtex:

fredthered:

The slaves were bought and sold and not able to move to pastures new. So not really the same is it Phil? No one should be able to refuse a job paying nmw or above and expect everyone to feed and house them, imho.

And we should all tug out forelock and thank the good Squire Nobby for letting us graft for nowt while he lives in his big house…

The job offered here is nights, needs several skills/qualifications and the pay, especially for the SE is a total insult. Drivers that do this job are lacking in self respect and are dragging the rest of us down to their sorry level of enjoying being dry analed every time they go to work…

I hate scroungers, but I also hate people being shafted and believe that people should be paid a fair rate in return for doing a decent job…

Truckulent:

stevieboy308:

limeyphil:

stevieboy308:

Semtex:

fredthered:

And we should all tug out forelock and thank the good Squire Nobby for letting us graft for nowt while he lives in his big house…

The job offered here is nights, needs several skills/qualifications and the pay, especially for the SE is a total insult. Drivers that do this job are lacking in self respect and are dragging the rest of us down to their sorry level of enjoying being dry analed every time they go to work…

I hate scroungers, but I also hate people being shafted and believe that people should be paid a fair rate in return for doing a decent job…

So what is the rate that you’d expect people to go to work and look after themselves rather than them letting tax payers cough up?

steptoe:

Long distance clara:
£23,192 pa. Is not great but that is not a bad wage for a 20 odd year old living with parents building a portfolio of experience. Or the other choice Jeremy Kyle and dole money.

Not for one second saying its right but I can see why people would do it

No it’s not a fair job for a lad at home with his parents! It’s a professional job that needs expensive qualifications and extensive training and should be paid accordingly, old young at home or otherwise.You should not be expected to do this work for what is essentially minimum wage. ND taking the ■■■■. P&O Roadtanks paid more than this for GP drivers 15 years ago.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but I’m sick to death of hearing about what people used to pay.
It makes no bloody difference today, what was paid 15yrs ago.
I’m not saying the ad in the OP is a good wage, or that I’d work for it, but all wages today are pish poor compared to years ago, terms and conditions have been eroded to crap too, but you have a choice of doing the job, retraining into another job or not working.

I’ve got my ADR and my dCPC and a few years experience, yet I’m driving wood around for more than I can (and did) get for driving hazardous chem’s around - go figure.

It’s all about having a bit of respect for yourself, and you only get that when you get the experience after working a few years in the job.

If you were sitting at home and that was the only job. (Would you take it) yes you would, as a matter of fact you at one time probably worked for that type of money before

If that job was offered to a new guy, or some of our old and new immigrants they would jump at the chance.

Some people get up in the morning looking forward going to do a days work for buttons. But its not buttons to them, no kids, living with mammy.

As for the rate of pay minimum 10 pound an hour.

What makes me laugh is that the bottom is there already - the NMW! That’s where they are all aiming so its bugger all to do with market forces - if that was the case you’d all be driving shiny new motors for around £2.50 per hour!

Believe me, I spoke to a business colleague just the other day and he openly admitted that if he could pay less he sure as hell would if it improved his ‘bottom line & profits’.

The name of the game is to make as much as you can as quick as you can and sod those that fall off in the process.

The Victorians were nowhere near as bad as the current people!!!

stevieboy308:

Truckulent:

stevieboy308:

limeyphil:

stevieboy308:

Semtex:

fredthered:

So what is the rate that you’d expect people to go to work and look after themselves rather than them letting tax payers cough up?

One that reflects the cost of living rather than what a firm feel they can get away with. And a wage that makes it worth earning rather than one that is barely better than claiming benefits…

In short a fair wage and in this case a minimum of ten quid an hour is fair. The wage on offer means that the driver will either be stupid or desperate and neither state is conducive to professionalism.

I wonder if the guy (ex owner driver) that had his knickers in a twist about northern drivers shagging the job will have a comment on this job rate?? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :imp: :imp: :imp: Regards Kevmac47.

£6.66x 40 = 266
£9.99. X 43=399
6x£27. = 162
Total=£827 p.w+ family allowance+ family credits
Yes I do it,7/800 p.w
I might well be in a minority of one but I’d much rather do 80 hrs and earn £800 than £12 ph x 40 hrs p.w=480 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: I really couldn’t care less what the hourly rate is,I’m more interested in what I get/would get at the end of week/year,I’ve had jobs at £15 p.h,but if your only guaranteed 40 hrs a week and that’s all your getting in then it’s just £600 p.w,I’d have the £800 every day.

dozy:
£6.66x 40 = 266
£9.99. X 43=399
6x£27. = 162
Total=£827 p.w+ family allowance+ family credits
Yes I do it,7/800 p.w
I might well be in a minority of one but I’d much rather do 80 hrs and earn £800 than £12 ph x 40 hrs p.w=480 :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: I really couldn’t care less what the hourly rate is,I’m more interested in what I get/would get at the end of week/year,I’ve had jobs at £15 p.h,but if your only guaranteed 40 hrs a week and that’s all your getting in then it’s just £600 p.w,I’d have the £800 every day.

I’d rather have the £600 and the time off, in fact, I’d rather have the £480 and the time off.