Moto services meal vouchers

As a rule I never park in services unless I really have to. Anyway due to me tipping a load of delta blocks on the Hammersmith flyover at 2am this morning and only having 20mins left I had no choice but to go to Heston services on the M4.
I paid for parking with the meal voucher and thought, " i 'll have a large double whopper meal with cheese when I wake up at 13:00"
Off I went,belly rumbling I placed my order only to be met with a swift kick to the ■■■■■■■■ and a, “I’m sorry you can’t have that, you can choose one meal from any of these 6 off this HGV menu”
Eh!!! Since when have I not been allowed to order what I WANT TO EAT and not forced to make a choice between 6 meals■■? I’ve also noticed that all the meals are medium so now you actually get LESS for your voucher as the last time I used a voucher I got a large double whopper meal with cheese for the £9 and not just a normal whopper meal with medium fries and drink!
It’s a ■■■■■■■ joke MOTO used to be alright for drivers what with their food for fuel vouchers you got for fueling up at one of their services but they got rid of that benefit and now it seems they’d do away with giving the driver a meal for paying £20+ to park in a car park if they could :unamused:
I might send MOTO an e mail but they would probably try and put some spin on it in their reply.

complain to the food chain too.

I had a right old 2 an 8 about it vouchers and apology followed :grimacing:

It been like that since I started driving, Welcome Break are by far the best services I think, fairly decent showers, usually priced between £18-£21, if you park at Sedgmore, Gordano or Michael Wood, for your £19 you get a £8 meal voucher to spend on anything.

NewLad:
Welcome Break are by far the best services I think, fairly decent showers, usually priced between £18-£21, if you park at Sedgmore, Gordano or Michael Wood, for your £19 you get a £8 meal voucher to spend on anything.

expensive showers :wink: :wink:

that’s how it should be .

MOTO used to exclude BK from the vouchers, then they thought they would re-allow them on the £3.99 meals only. You might as well buy £9-£10 worth of drink etc. from WHS and pay £3.99 for the “King of the day” meal which is £3.99

I agree it is a con.

You can also get 20% off at MOTO BK/EDC/WHS/Costa etc with any old or new AA card (They don’t have expiry dates on)

Also download the MOTO app, they put 40% off at Burger King on there too.

HTH

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
As a rule I never park in services unless I really have to. Anyway due to me tipping a load of delta blocks on the Hammersmith flyover at 2am this morning and only having 20mins left I had no choice but to go to Heston services on the M4.
I paid for parking with the meal voucher and thought, " i 'll have a large double whopper meal with cheese when I wake up at 13:00"
Off I went,belly rumbling I placed my order only to be met with a swift kick to the ■■■■■■■■ and a, “I’m sorry you can’t have that, you can choose one meal from any of these 6 off this HGV menu”
Eh!!! Since when have I not been allowed to order what I WANT TO EAT and not forced to make a choice between 6 meals■■? I’ve also noticed that all the meals are medium so now you actually get LESS for your voucher as the last time I used a voucher I got a large double whopper meal with cheese for the £9 and not just a normal whopper meal with medium fries and drink!
It’s a [zb] joke MOTO used to be alright for drivers what with their food for fuel vouchers you got for fueling up at one of their services but they got rid of that benefit and now it seems they’d do away with giving the driver a meal for paying £20+ to park in a car park if they could :unamused:
I might send MOTO an e mail but they would probably try and put some spin on it in their reply.

I parked at moto stirling the other night… paid parking. Meal ticket in hand. Restaurant closed… only burger king open. Had to order one of the said set menu… bear this in mind its a £9 meal voucher. But when you get the receipt with the meal. It is only worth £3.99… they are ripping us off left right and centre… boycott every one of em

grahamzx6r:
I parked at moto stirling the other night… paid parking. Meal ticket in hand. Restaurant closed… only burger king open. Had to order one of the said set menu… bear this in mind its a £9 meal voucher. But when you get the receipt with the meal. It is only worth £3.99… they are ripping us off left right and centre… boycott every one of em

So pay the £3.99 for the meal and get yourself a mahoosive breakfast in the morning :smiley:

Also worth remembering the arse holes don’t just give you a £3.99 meal, you only get that price if you ask for it by name “King of the day”

So on wednesdays when the whoppers are KOTD, they still charge £7+ for it but if you ask for the KOTD you get it near enough half price.

Scandalous behaviour. What they like to call a “Secret Promotion” like the AA one.

trubster:

grahamzx6r:

So pay the £3.99 for the meal and get yourself a mahoosive breakfast in the morning :smiley:

Also worth remembering the arse holes don’t just give you a £3.99 meal, you only get that price if you ask for it by name “King of the day”

So on wednesdays when the whoppers are KOTD, they still charge £7+ for it but if you ask for the KOTD you get it near enough half price.

Scandalous behaviour. What they like to call a “Secret Promotion” like the AA one.

Please spare a thought for the staff manning these BK’s, as they don’t make the rules, they just bear the brunt of rightly disgruntled customers…

Evil8Beezle:
Please spare a thought for the staff manning these BK’s, as they don’t make the rules, they just bear the brunt of rightly disgruntled customers…

Very true, complaints should be made to MOTO. My comments were not aimed at the front line staff of course :slight_smile:

grahamzx6r:
. they are ripping us off left right and centre… boycott every one of em

+1

Pay for the meal and use your voucher later we have three months to use them, lymm have to accept them and you can use them at costa. Services are a complete rip off

For the people that have been trucknet members for a few years…Who was the boy on here a couple of years ago? burger king nathan or something? Anyone remember him? Maybe he should comment on this :smiley:

Stopping at Strensham north tomorrow £27 with a £10 meal voucher either macdonalds costa or soho grill (I think) bugger all choice really when you need proper food.
Trouble is going to maccies with £10 to spend you end up buying extra crap you wouldn’t normally buy just to spend the voucher.

Jeff.

kindle530:
For the people that have been trucknet members for a few years…Who was the boy on here a couple of years ago? burger king nathan or something? Anyone remember him? Maybe he should comment on this :smiley:

BK_Nathan

But he hasn’t been here since 2005 :wink:

Parked in Medway services tonight, paid for my meal with the Moto App 40% off, absolute bargain, will use my Meal Voucher at Costa in the morning, probably with along with a 20% offer on the Moto App, he he.

Why people persist in using MOTO they have made it quite clear that they do not want drivers using their services I have complained to them about having to pay £10.15 for a coffee and sausage and bacon roll at Forton Services response was there are plenty of other places you can use, so guess what that is exactly what I do Greggs large coffee, sausage and bacon roll £3, Subway egg sausage and cheese roll with a coffee £2.30 it is not rocket science just go elsewhere

mazzer:
Why people persist in using MOTO they have made it quite clear that they do not want drivers using their services I have complained to them about having to pay £10.15 for a coffee and sausage and bacon roll at Forton Services response was there are plenty of other places you can use, so guess what that is exactly what I do Greggs large coffee, sausage and bacon roll £3, Subway egg sausage and cheese roll with a coffee £2.30 it is not rocket science just go elsewhere

Go on then , tell me where else I could go with 20mins left at 2:20 in the morning in West London■■?

This is why so many drivers go down the camion cuisine route.
Myself included.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

mazzer:

Go on then , tell me where else I could go with 20mins left at 2:20 in the morning in West London■■?

If you just need to park for the night and can cater for yourself then Springfield Road, Hayes is quiet and free!
Call in to Heston in the morning for a shower…

Have parked there many times when I was working from Heathrow.

Get a portable stove and some gas. A decent pan/ saucepan and cook for yourself. Job done.
Bacon sarnie in 5 minutes. £1.50 for 8 decent rashers in Morrisons etc…