Morgan mclernon?

Big Truck:
You ever thought of standing for office :question: :question: :unamused:

You are kidding right…!?

Big Truck:

Toddy5453:

Big Truck:

Toddy5453:
Do you know if he still takes on casual drivers to cover busy times and when his full time boys are off??

Trying to get some class 1 experience built up but just doing class 2 at the min on a 26t it’s best I can get which I am happy with :grimacing:

yes,

they are always looking casual drivers for the 3day runs to mainland, he might want you to have some mainland experience but just SPOOF :exclamation: :exclamation: :wink:

Yeah but if he looks at my licence he will see I only passed class 1 in August 2013 so I’m screwed :frowning:

Do you live in NI :question:

If so,
go down and see them,
suggest to James your willing to do the ONE 3day run to mainland for free with one of his drivers “riding shotgun” to show you can be trusted with the tackle and job in hand.

Yeah I live in NI ill pop down try my luck worst he can do is say no and if so just keep trying elsewhere. Thanks for the different ideas I’ll try them :grimacing:

Toddy,
If you’re anywhere near Coleraine, Go and see Oliver transport, Andy Oliver is a sound bloke and some good lads working there, You’ll learn a lot. Fridges, tautliners, flats, low loaders, ropeing and sheeting, abnormal loads.

limeyphil:
Toddy,
If you’re anywhere near Coleraine, Go and see Oliver transport, Andy Oliver is a sound bloke and some good lads working there, You’ll learn a lot. Fridges, tautliners, flats, low loaders, ropeing and sheeting, abnormal loads.

Thanks I’ll have a look and see what happens I appreciate the tip :wink:

shade:

suggest to James your willing to do the ONE 3day run to mainland for free with one of his drivers

3 days class one work for nothing eh ?

FFS , if he has a licence he’s passed the test and in the eyes of the powers that be he’s able to drive a truck . If an employer wants to see if a driver is up to scratch then by all means assess him or her . But WHY do you think that 3 days unpaid should be acceptable ?
Large firms such as Stobarts have driving assesments that take an hour , any decent driver trainer knows what to look for :bulb:

Its start late on a Sun evening and back early Tue morn that is what is usually called a “3day” run but its two cards.

Trucking jobs for newly qualified HGV1 drivers aren’t as easily found in NI as in England so you have to think “slightly” outside the box and it was only a suggestion :exclamation: :exclamation:

Big Truck:

shade:

suggest to James your willing to do the ONE 3day run to mainland for free with one of his drivers

3 days class one work for nothing eh ?

FFS , if he has a licence he’s passed the test and in the eyes of the powers that be he’s able to drive a truck . If an employer wants to see if a driver is up to scratch then by all means assess him or her . But WHY do you think that 3 days unpaid should be acceptable ?
Large firms such as Stobarts have driving assesments that take an hour , any decent driver trainer knows what to look for :bulb:

Its start late on a Sun evening and back early Tue morn that is what is usually called a “3day” run but its two cards.

Trucking jobs for newly qualified HGV1 drivers aren’t as easily found in NI as in England so you have to think “slightly” outside the box and it was only a suggestion :exclamation: :exclamation:

I agree it’s very difficult in NI for newly qualified drivers I know first hand but it is possible. Most firms and all agencies looking two years minimum experience on class 1 :frowning:

if you are stuck give Derry Morgan a shout three or four months on there and you’ll gain about a years experience, he has taken plenty of recent passes on in the past and pays the same rate as most firms in NI

Thanks

Where do they work out of? Is it mallusk?

Toddy5453:
Thanks

Where do they work out of? Is it mallusk?

Aye he has a yard in Mallusk just off the the Sandy Knowles roundabout 1st left when heading for Templepatrick then left again at the T junction, main offices are in Loughall

Gave them a shout so I’ll see what happens :smiley:

Was told last night that MorganMclernon have put the “3day run” money up to £250 after tax,
so 2runs Sun to Thur £500home, 3runs Sun to Sat morn £750 :open_mouth: home :exclamation: :exclamation:

Anybody confirm or deny this :question: :question:

Got some confirmation that MorganMcLernon pay rates per 3day trip are up to:
£225home for 1trip
£450home for 2trips
Strangely only £650home for 3trips on the “long week” but still decent money if you don’t mind “chasing the boat” and the RED light from VOSA :exclamation: :exclamation:

BTW,
If you go full time and 3trips week1 and 2trips week2 its £550 in the bank each week so I,m told. :wink:

I got a start with woolsey freight in moy with only a few months experience on rigids. I left after 4 weeks. Expect crap pay, max hours and bad planners constantly ringing telling you to go faster. On the plus side they have all good tackle and run mostly legal.