Morgan mclernon?

Anyone any experience with these guys I spoke to a few of there drivers in passing and they seemed happy enough. Anyone know what they are payin I jumped on the agencies for a while but need to get back trampin I know they have a depot down in Telford I’m in skelmersdale but wouldn’t mind the trip down an back only bein an hour away.

Shoudda asked them drivers you passed, might have saved you the effort, but a small piece of advice, ring the firm up, see if they have any vacancies, then say Excuse me, me ol china, can you tell me what the wages are, or what the top line is or Yo tell me, whay is Tekin ome fer the wek or something like that. :laughing: :laughing:

Was a few years ago when I spoke to the drivers money wasn’t that good then, yeh think ill give em a call see what’s on offer

I spoke to a. Irish driver at Fresh Direct Bicester, he was running out of time at the Innovation site, phoned up his yard and they said “is there no way of tipping that, then tipping Inspiration, then having your rest?”

He pulled his card, 1.5hrs later he was parked outside curtains shut.

Draw your own opinions from that.

Spoke to their class 2 lad a couple of times (red scanny with name tag Gavlar I think) from what he tells me seems like a decent number, some early finishes paid by the day apparently.

Apparantly £500 in your bank,5 shifts one week,6 shifts the next.

6 shifts £600home
5 shifts £500home:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=86534&hilit=Morgan

Sounds ok I’ve sent me cv of today so will let you know how it goes also sent one to huntapack, mcburney should get some response from one or the other

Passed one of their artics at vosa carlisle M6 last night at 21:30, it wasn’t there at 02:30 when i went past again.

ShropsBri:

so is this pay after tax or cash in hand i earn the same money for class2 even though ive got class1

nick172sport:

ShropsBri:

so is this pay after tax or cash in hand i earn the same money for class2 even though ive got class1

I remember reading a thread about drivers who feel the need to slip in that they have their class 1 when they are driving a rigid.

nick172sport:

ShropsBri:

In your bank,after tax,it might be as big truck say’s above but I don’t think it is in Telford.
I don’t work for them but know some that do but you’d be wise to check.

LeedsChris:

nick172sport:

ShropsBri:

I remember reading a thread about drivers who feel the need to slip in that they have their class 1 when they are driving a rigid.

It’s a common thing. I was delivering in Wembley when this rigid driver jumped out of a Dale brothers motor. Got chatting and straight away “Not my motor, normally in a class 1”. Don’t why they have to mention the fact that drive a class 1.

talk to one drivers.i don t ask about wages.but he just talk who VOSA like stop Morgan truck .some day he said police and VOSA stop 5-10 truck .they want check about cabotage rules

nick172sport:

ShropsBri:

It is after tax :exclamation: :exclamation:

From NI its usually “3day runs” to mainland and back “chasing the boat” :exclamation: :exclamation:
Out Sun Night and back late Fri night after 3 runs and using “6 cards” (reduced weekly rest) £600net
Out Sun night and back Thur after 2 runs and using “4 cards” (45off plus pay back reduced rest from previous long week) £400net

So £100 day after tax roughly. :wink:

Kingjoffyjaffa:
Sounds ok I’ve sent me cv of today so will let you know how it goes also sent one to huntapack, mcburney should get some response from one or the other

MorganMclernon not really bothered with CV’s, just bell up James Morgan and have a chat,
when I went down to see him he didn’t even take me out for a run.
Just looked at my licences etc and Tesco fleetboard printouts and asked "When you want to start :question: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Supposed to give them a “pull out” on casual runs but haven’t had the time :exclamation: :exclamation: :confused:

Big Truck:
and Tesco fleetboard printouts

Wtf…? If a tesco driver came to me looking for a job with all the bs I’d show them the door…!!!

Pimpdaddy:

Big Truck:
and Tesco fleetboard printouts

Wtf…? If a tesco driver came to me looking for a job with all the bs I’d show them the door…!!!

I’ve seen some of those Morgan boys go, bet all he was interested in is how long you were at 100% throttle lol

Andrejs:
talk to one drivers.i don t ask about wages.but he just talk who VOSA like stop Morgan truck .some day he said police and VOSA stop 5-10 truck .they want check about cabotage rules

I think this driver was talking out of his arse. Morgan Mclernon are based in northern ireland UK. So cabotage isn’t an issue.

limeyphil:

Andrejs:

I think this driver was talking out of his arse. Morgan Mclernon are based in northern ireland UK. So cabotage isn’t an issue.

Beat me to it with that answer there Phil

sorry no.Morgan have to many truck with Ireland (Dublin) reg.plate.