Lorryspotting Finland

Zetorpilot:

Robbe:
The trailer is made for peat… Pretty usual sight in northern finland and Tampere region…

Yeah - I was wondering if this one has the chains in the floor, and thought probably not?

Yeah, No chains…

And about that DHL B-link… Did you notice anything unusual about it■■? :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Yeah, the peat / woodchip wagons around here all seem to have the moving chains in the floor, and unload via the back doors. The side and roof hinge up in the same way as that tipper.

Re the B-train, No, apart from the demount body and slider I didn’t notice anything :confused: I would expect that the rear axle would caster too (the B-train at my last job had a castering rear axle on the link, to meet the turning circle requirements).

Go on - what did I miss?

I think answer regarding the odd thing of B-train might have something to do with how you uncouple it (hint: legs and sliding bogie/fifth wheel).

Robbe:

Kyrbo:
picture
A really rare sight, Premium as a logger and this particular unit even had a super singles on its tag axle instead of more typical double tyres.

Highway use only… Lightweight outfit to transfer wood to the factory. Other trucks collect them from the forrest

That’s same what I think, but I still find it somewhat strange that a lightweight transfer outfit has a high roof cab and a trailer with double tyres.

Then some new pictures:

A peat/woodchip hauling outfit trying to evade my camera.

I thought to have a daily rest next to a dispatch office, like did the guy with Scania. Outcome was that we had a daily rest and dispatch office isn’t in use any more (well, actually it wasn’t in use even before we arrived there :stuck_out_tongue:).

This doesn’t look brand new any more.

This on the other hand does look like a brand new but it’s design seems to be somewhat older origin :sunglasses:

I think he should have parked other way around before closing curtains.

A more typical logger with double drive and crane.

This TGS 41.480 might be a little awkward.

Here’s me waiting for a FLT to unload me at Port of Helsinki. Design of this side unloading area was quite strange as one have to drive uphill into a quite narrow door, stop immediately after trailer tyres have reached horizontal area and when empty you have to reverse to a slight corner onto a harbour road where shunters and “container stackers” drive at a fast speeds. What makes the design even more strange is that age of this whole port area isn’t more than few years old. Someone has had a nice plan on his drawing board but he hasn’t asked anyone how it will work in reality… :unamused: :stuck_out_tongue:

I was queueing for a paper loading just before midsummer, there were only few hours till this operations at this paper mill loading area was going to stop for a next four days and there was a queue! Luckily only three lorries before me and two of them were already at the bay.

Here’s my almost shining outfit next morning while I was unloading paper reels.

I like the look of this arctic; not too much of a painting or “bling” but something little more than just a mere bullbar.

Last picture of this set, sitting in a take-off position. This is btw quite smart superstructure. It has a traditional board and curtain, like on the red Volvo few pictures earlier, on the other side and other side has same type of side but with doors. This gives you hard sidewalls at bottom meaning less load securing with some loads, ability to open both sides and side doors offer speed for of opening drivers side.

Mr V. seems to be collecting from somewhere new!

Zetorpilot:
Yeah, the peat / woodchip wagons around here all seem to have the moving chains in the floor, and unload via the back doors. The side and roof hinge up in the same way as that tipper.

Re the B-train, No, apart from the demount body and slider I didn’t notice anything :confused: I would expect that the rear axle would caster too (the B-train at my last job had a castering rear axle on the link, to meet the turning circle requirements).

Go on - what did I miss?

In normal B-trains you have to use the lorry to slide the axles back ond forth… Might be a nice job on ice cowered roads :smiley: Chain the trailer to a tree or something else…
But the B-train made by VAK use hydraulic to slide the tandem… It has a small hydraulic unit fitten on it so the lorry doesn’t have to have a hydraulic pump…

Kyrbo:
That’s same what I think, but I still find it somewhat strange that a lightweight transfer outfit has a high roof cab and a trailer with double tyres.

Old truck maybe?
And I think the use the same trailer in the woods also… So they only swap the lorrys load and the whole trailer to another…

Robbe:
In normal B-trains you have to use the lorry to slide the axles back ond forth… Might be a nice job on ice cowered roads :smiley: Chain the trailer to a tree or something else…
But the B-train made by VAK use hydraulic to slide the tandem… It has a small hydraulic unit fitten on it so the lorry doesn’t have to have a hydraulic pump…

Ahh, Ok. Mr V’s b-train didn’t have a sliding bogie - the axles are a fixed fair way back but the rear axle casters. I checked this today as the driver of this vehicle is now working with me on the quicklime job…

Volvo FH16 700hp XXL

Volvo FH16 520hp

Scania R470

Scania R500 SA-81

Scania R500 600hp SA-100

Volvo FH 480 SA-8 Heikki Granholm OY

Volvo FH12 460 SA-40

Volvo FH16 520

Scania R500 SA-30

Scania R500 SA-81, Scania R500 600hp SA-50, Scania R500 600hp SA-20, Volvo FH12 460 (560hp) SA-2

Volvo FH12 460 (560hp) SA-2 with one of the first b-trailer on the road

Volvo FH12 460 SA-? M.Ervasti OY

Volvo FH16 550 (650hp) SA-64

Volvo FH16 660

Volvo FH 480 SA-63

Volvo FH 480 SA-16

Scania R500 600hp SA-115

Scania R580 Kalotti

Scania R620 V.Kanttikoski

Scania 4-serie 580hp Kalotti

Scania R500 L.Simons

Volvo FH12 480

Volvo FH12 480 (580hp) SA-3

Scania R480 Velj. Ylinen

Scania R500 SA-81

Scania R500 SA-49

Scania 4-serie 480 (580hp) Koskinen Yhtiöt

Scania R500 SA-33

DAF XF105 530hp J.Stenroth SA-53

Volvo FH 480 SA-67

Scania R500 SA-62

Scania 4-serie 580 S.Rantti

Volvo FH 480 SA-88

cracking pictures kiko, i saw this one (and thought of this thread :blush: ) while on holiday a few weeks back in norway

(the diary i did a diary on if you would like to see the other pictures)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=60245&p=722244&hilit=diary+holiday#p722244

we will be heading through finland (getting the kappelskar ferry) on the 18th en route to helsinki then onto the russian border on the 22nd, i would love to spend a summer driving trucks across the top of scandinavia, not too sure i would be so keen on the winter though, although it would be an amazing experience im sure!!

Robbe:

Kyrbo:

And I think the use the same trailer in the woods also… So they only swap the lorrys load and the whole trailer to another…

Oh my, of course that’s the reason. Obviously I’m not thinking clearly :laughing:

kiko: Nice pictures! Do I just imagine or were the most lorries hauling for the same company? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: The blue 8x4 FH16 convoy exceptional outfit was nice. Especially the text in “globetrotter” was interesting as I think it states this lorry is operated by Norwegian company although it’s in Finnish plates.

I apologize my laziness in posting new pictures. Here are few shots taken during last two weeks.

Chains available immediately when needed (and they were shining due to regular usage).

Fuel hauler and tipping cereal hauler. I think you can think by ourself which is which :wink:

Filling up the old lady.

Kyrbo:
kiko: Nice pictures! Do I just imagine or were the most lorries hauling for the same company? :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: The blue 8x4 FH16 convoy exceptional outfit was nice. Especially the text in “globetrotter” was interesting as I think it states this lorry is operated by Norwegian company although it’s in Finnish plates.

Or just some lazy finn who hasn’t removed the old text…

Kyrbo:

Chains available immediately when needed (and they were shining due to regular usage).

Pic taken in Ristiina Neste?
Eh, picturename says it all :smiley:

Scania R560 livestock haulier

Old Scania still going strong

New Scania P360 for my 2nd job…

Scrap haulier.

Quite typical fleet outfit for liquid bulk transportation. As company’s name suggest they haul lots of hazardous goods.

Lets go fishing!

Although these look like [zb] (or Prenault Weemium to confuse dodgy auto-censor) at least the left one is more like US than European lorry. It has double drive powered by 630 hp Caterpillar engine and non-synchromesh Eaton-Füller transmission. The right one might have synchro-box, but still it’s 12 litre Mack engine isn’t what you would expect in a “Weemium” :smiley:

I though this was made illegal in Finland (A-frame drawbar coupled to an artic). Maybe funfair industry, like in the picture, has got some special permissions to still tow these.

This kind of outfit has gained popularity in a very fast pace amongst animal fodder transportation. Today most new animal fodder outfits seem to have 8x4*4 type chassis (steering rear axle) and not the 8x2/4 type chassis (steering 2nd axle, like the red Sisu tipper) which seemed to be very popular still some years ago.

Regarding the funfair combo - “Crazy Dance” probably describes the path of the tractor unit when trying to reverse that monstrosity :open_mouth: . A regular artic + auxiliary combo is bad enough :blush: Maybe reversing that thing is the ride? I’d give a couple of euros for a try anyway :laughing: Maybe I could even win a coconut (demolish the entire coconut stall more like) :laughing: :laughing:

It’s nice to see those Sisu’s too - real trucks made from real truck bits!

Zetorpilot:
Regarding the funfair combo - “Crazy Dance” probably describes the path of the tractor unit when trying to reverse that monstrosity :open_mouth: . A regular artic + auxiliary combo is bad enough :blush: Maybe reversing that thing is the ride? I’d give a couple of euros for a try anyway :laughing: Maybe I could even win a coconut (demolish the entire coconut stall more like) :laughing: :laughing:

It’s nice to see those Sisu’s too - real trucks made from real truck bits!

Hi JP,some cracking motors on this thread,great stuff :sunglasses: .
I can’t remember if I sent you this photo but just in case I didn’t…looks like a Wilson’s ERF on the M1 at Chesterfield.Can’t see t’driver though :laughing: .

Well Chris that could of course have been my one, but judging by the other vehicles on the road that photo was taken a little before my time :smiley:

I have to laugh, I can remember standing on the back of JND 587F and thinking how big it was (one time whilst waiting for my ten pallets of whatever). The whole motor would probably fit in the pimple tacked on to the back of my today’s wagon:

Just to get this back on topic! :laughing: :laughing:

Some brilliant configurations of different sorts of lorries from the Trucknet Finnish depot… :smiley:
Love some of those wagon & drag tippers… :grimacing:

gunnerheskey:
Some brilliant configurations of different sorts of lorries from the Trucknet Finnish depot… :smiley:
Love some of those wagon & drag tippers… :grimacing:

Would you love them if you had to split the wagon every time you had to tip? When we had the trailer floor and chassis cab of this combo replaced recently we had a nippy little 30’ trailer artic tipper to drive instead, which was bliss-tastic! I think Kyrbo got a picture of it earlier in this thread.

Here then just for you is the view from the hot seat of my regular motor, a w&d tipper. I’ve already tipped the wagon, recoupled and am now about half way through tipping the trailer. In the winter of course I’d have to tip the trailer first. I’ve left the wagon at a slight angle deliberately so that I can watch the trailer body going up from the comfort of the cab.

Hi Zetorpilot,

Yet more excellent pics mate, please keep them coming. :smiley:

Any chance of some pics of the ADR-Haanpää tankers (or others) when they’re marked up for ADR please?

dieseldave:
Hi Zetorpilot,

Yet more excellent pics mate, please keep them coming. :smiley:

Any chance of some pics of the ADR-Haanpää tankers (or others) when they’re marked up for ADR please?

Of course! I haven’t seen so many of Haanpää’s recently though - Teljän tankers load up from just around the corner from where I’m tipping the quicklime but as they are loading up precipitated chalk it isn’t ADR. I’ll keep my eyes open though, let’s see what turns up!