Lorryspotting Finland

dieseldave:
Any chance of some pics of the ADR-Haanpää tankers (or others) when they’re marked up for ADR please?

Here you go, all pictures of tankers marked for ADR I’ve taken this year (and which haven’t been posted to this thread earlier). Amount of pictures (or actually, the lack of) bit of surprised me. I thought I had more pictures.

I met old mate of mine February while I was chasing some lorry pictures and he was hauling fuel with this. He had a trailer going to a service station tanks and then he had few places he did a delivery with a rigid only, like in this picture.

There isn’t much to do while you’re waiting in a queue at roadworks so you can just as well try to get pictures of passing lorries.

Tanker with ADR plates and 420 horses is the right one. The left one is a tipper which is painted to orange, it’s not an ADR marking :wink: :unamused:

The “extra” axle is where it should be in tractor unit.

Another fuel delivery outfit pumping fuel out of trailer into the tanks of this service station. 420 horses on this one too.

Two more fuel hauling outfits. Scania is R420 and I’d suspect Volvo too has 420 horses as they both are typical fleet units.

A bit different axle configuration on this outfit.

Filling up (at least the cars are).

Well, this actually isn’t a tanker, but it’s ADR and it definitely has tank somewhere so I’d think it qualifies :blush: :sunglasses:

Zetorpilot:

gunnerheskey:
Some brilliant configurations of different sorts of lorries from the Trucknet Finnish depot… :smiley:
Love some of those wagon & drag tippers… :grimacing:

Would you love them if you had to split the wagon every time you had to tip?

Like this? :wink:

Kyrbo:

Zetorpilot:

gunnerheskey:
Some brilliant configurations of different sorts of lorries from the Trucknet Finnish depot… :smiley:
Love some of those wagon & drag tippers… :grimacing:

Would you love them if you had to split the wagon every time you had to tip?

Like this? :wink:

No, that would be worse! Great motor for this thread though, I can’t remember ever seeing kasettiauto in the UK.

Kyrbo:

Here’s another type of tanker hauling paper reels from a paper mill to a port and some heavy liquid stuff weighing 2 kg per litre from the port back to the mill

End of the road for this one (or at least it needs major repairs). An oncoming car drove straight under this one on Monday and its driver died instantly. Lorry driver suffered some minor injuries.

Scania had a “timber tour” touring along Finland this autumn and when they arrived to Tampere I went there to have a look, like also these guys did. Lorry on the right is R620 with bit unordinary crane and load securing equipments for a Finnish logger.

I went to test drive with this R730. It was only lorry on tour with air suspension so that would be the chassis I’m most familiar with. Ride was quite smooth and there was plenty of power available for 61+ tonnes GVW (there was overweight :laughing:). What I’m not sure, and didn’t remember to ask, is if the load was wood chips for which this lorry is made or some other load (like concrete elements) as this felt like it would’ve had “low load” instead of a “high load” when going around corners.

Another R730, this time with steel suspension.

This guy had stopped to the Scania tour to have a test drive and to eat some free pea soup offered by Scania. It also meant you got a nice break for free :stuck_out_tongue:

Old 93 seen last Friday on Tampere bus station.

Another oldie, 143-400, also seen last Friday.

Then some picture from yesterday morning.

Plenty of grip available.

Tag axle artic trying negotiating a junction.

Scrap hauling outfit with a V8 and a hook lift.

Driver of this 8x4 Trakker has lifted his rearmost axle into air to get moving from this slightl incline.

This doesn’t need any words, I guess :sunglasses:

And finally we got some snow ploughing. 94 with a 300 horses is enough for this job inside the town area. Note the second plough under the belly.

Well, it might be again a good time to raise this thread with some new pictures. These are taken between Christmas and New year.

I was told to do container swap at nearby port. Gates of the port were only few hundred meters away from here so not a very long distance work. Actually I drove only something like 40 km during this day and still made almost full day…

A load from the same place as the previous picture. It took about 6 to 7 minutes to drive from here to consignee :slight_smile:

This wasn’t mine :stuck_out_tongue:

Few days later I was trundling along to a central Finland as I caught some snow falling down and shot a picture of this oncoming lorry near the end of opposite overtaking lane. Weather was perfect for a nice drive around 85 km/h with a 4x2 artic with a lift axle. Lift axle was of course up as I did have only about 12 tonnes with me.

Changing a load on a gravel road. I would’ve gone all the way down to a nearby farm where my load was going (and from where my backload was coming), but there’s a one nasty cambered uphill junction which is mostly no go in an artic when there’s loose snow on the ground.

Heading back to a main road.

Leading a way.

My 4x2 lift axle artic with a rear steering seen next morning after nine hours.

And another Volvo at same MSA.

And yet another.

Unloading some hours later.

And another white Volvo. He was preparing to unload some cardboard.

Great photos! Have you done the comedy reversing thing with the rear wheels unlocked yet?! :smiley:

Well, I think this was second time I pulled that trailer, so… of course I am :grimacing: To be honest, it’s a bit of a nuisance to reverse onto a bay when snow and ice packed over rear axle prevent the locking mechanism from work properly :stuck_out_tongue:

Kyrbo:
Well, I think this was second time I pulled that trailer, so… of course I am :grimacing: To be honest, it’s a bit of a nuisance to reverse onto a bay when snow and ice packed over rear axle prevent the locking mechanism from work properly :stuck_out_tongue:

Indeed! To be honest, I can’t really see the point of these - it’s just something else to go wrong. Unless of course the trailer is used as the link of a B-train. Mr V. had to use castering rear wheels on their link trailer to meet the turning circle requirements.

Great pictures Kyrbo,thanks for posting them. :sunglasses:

Chris

Zetorpilot:
To be honest, I can’t really see the point of these - it’s just something else to go wrong.

Well, I guess it has something to do with the fact there is a sticker saying “Norge” (Norway in Norwegian) in front of the fridge. There you can load a six axle artic up to 50 tonnes if last axle is pushed pack and is steering. It’s 48 tonnes on a normal un-steering trailer and 48 tonnes when in Finland with rear-steering trailer, but while Norwegians are strict on the weights the Swedish and Finnish authorities are similar what it comes to weights, so… Steering probably helps also when negotiating little roads over the mountains by reducing understeer.

Ah, that makes perfect sense then, thanks! I’ve learnt something new today :smiley:
Thanks also for your help via PM - I’ll reply later, as soon as I know what’s happening :wink:

By the way, yes, you’re right, the trailer isn’t needed on next weeks job so I’ll just have a small rigid. Ohh er missus! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

Excellent Photos :smiley: Thankyou :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Zetorpilot:
By the way, yes, you’re right, the trailer isn’t needed on next weeks job so I’ll just have a small rigid. Ohh er missus! :open_mouth: :grimacing:

I hope you don’t feel too lonely without it! :laughing:

more cracking pictures, keep them coming (and i spy some transpoint demountable bodies in the background, i need to get out more!!)

I just, um, spotted this rather tough looking Finnish removals van - it’s an XF95/530 and was originally used in Norway for transporting fish. It has a small A-frame drag that wasn’t needed on this run. I was away all last week with this in Europe.

I’ve been recently somewhat busy so I must apologize for not posting any pictures here. Set of pictures in this post is from 18th January (this year). I had been shooting something else and while I was walking back home I saw this arriving. I made a change of plans and pulled my camera out again to shoot some 6x2 tipper pictures.

Some load was accidentally spilled onto the road. After gravel had seen shovel it was laid down somewhat evenly so that when driver pulled forward there was gravel under rigids rear axles and trailers front axle. After this driver split up and tipped the rigid.

Rigid is empty and it’s time to pull trailers case onto the rigid. Here body is being aligned to the trailer.

Trailers case is now on rigid and ready to be tipped. GVW of the 26 tonne rigid was now either 40 or 42 tonnes, I don’t remember exactly which one driver said. Anyhow, this is legal 14-16 tonne overload.

Tipping trailers case.

Ready to eject trailers case.

Case is transferred and rigid is again coupled to the trailer. Now this outfit should be turned around.

Well, there seems to be nice, ploughed yard right next to the lorry. Let’s just take this spacious junction first.

Some speed was required to be sure that trailer would come through the snow wall.

Turning around is done, ready to head back to a quarry.

jonas a:
Some Finland customtrucks maybe?

No, just a normal working lorry… :grimacing: And be careful showing picture like that in a British forum. You know, that lorry is just overtaking you :wink: :laughing:

Same lorry near port of Turku last August.

Then some pictures taken in Tampere at April 1st:

Tipper owned by city of Tampere waiting for a load (I think this is something you’d say “a council job”). (94-260)

Hauling scrap. (R480)

Just washed (at least the tiny yellow bit in the tipper body…). (12 litre Mack)

This one is probably going to a nearby foodstuff RDC. (FH-440)

RHD FM9 cement mixer with a bloody long wheelbase. Might be import… (FM9)

Kyrbo:
No, just a normal working lorry… :grimacing: And be careful showing picture like that in a British forum. You know, that lorry is just overtaking you :wink: :laughing:

Why should I be careful showing this kind of pics? It´s normal trucks for us in Scandinavia.

jonas a:

Kyrbo:

Why should I be careful showing this kind of pics? It´s normal trucks for us in Scandinavia.

Because they are driving other side of the road which in turn makes it look like this lorry is overtaking you (hence implying you’re a road block :stuck_out_tongue:). And just in case, no offence meant, just tried to make some fun of how things look different when you’re driving on a “wrong” side of the road.