Lorry spills hay bales in East Yorkshire

hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hul … hay-849471

I always thought they looked a bit unsteady. Hope drivers ok.

Bugger, where’s UKTramp, wasn’t he hayshifting today :open_mouth:

Usual accuracy from the press there…

Straw isn’t hay…

Juddian:
Bugger, where’s UKTramp, wasn’t he hayshifting today :open_mouth:

Yeah, I spotted him this morning and that was my first thought. For some reason I can’t get pictures from the webpage on my phone. Hoping it’s not him.

Think he’s OK - looks like agricultural tyres on the overturned drawbar trailer.

Those trailer tyres look like farm tyres. Was it a tractor pulling the trailer?

Its definitely a farm trailer thoose are flotation tyres definitely not speed rated
Should think it belongs to the tractor thats pictured

Smiffy101:
Its definitely a farm trailer thoose are flotation tyres definitely not speed rated

I thought as much, hard to get a clear picture on my phone. That’ll be UKtramp off the hook then.

the nodding donkey:

Smiffy101:

I thought as much, hard to get a clear picture on my phone. That’ll be UKtramp off the hook then.

Not pictured… the drawbar that knocked the tractor over :laughing:

the nodding donkey:
Those trailer tyres look like farm tyres. Was it a tractor pulling the trailer?

I reckon it’s the green tractor parked up ahead of the overturned trailer mate.

Hull Daily Mail reporting accuracy :laughing:

I was following one the other day and wondered how the hell these loads stay secure snd strapped when they loose so much hay?!

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Crossroads:
Think he’s OK - looks like agricultural tyres on the overturned drawbar trailer.

Well didn’t he say he hadn’t done drawbar work before? Perhaps he picked up wrong trailer

ag1992:
I was following one the other day and wondered how the hell these loads stay secure snd strapped when they loose so much hay?!

Wondered that myself.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1, Where’s the ‘lorry’…■■? As that’s an agri trailer

And 2, It’s not hay!!! It’s straw!!! And yes I am being picky! :imp:

IronEddie:

ag1992:

Wondered that myself.

Whats coming off is only a small layer on the outside the majority of the material is woven together due to theway the baler works
There are six strings on most bales and ive seen them transported with 4 broken strings perfectly alright

Smiffy101:

IronEddie:

ag1992:

Wondered that myself.

Whats coming off is only a small layer on the outside the majority of the material is woven together due to theway the baler works
There are six strings on most bales and ive seen them transported with 4 broken strings perfectly alright

Thanks

Well in the words of Shaggy, it wasn’t me. Although I did see this and it certainly could easily have been me. Thank you all for the concern though.

UKtramp:
Well in the words of Shaggy, it wasn’t me. Although I did see this and it certainly could easily have been me. Thank you all for the concern though.

You forgot to tell him to put all his ratchets on the nearside :open_mouth:

Toddy2:

UKtramp:

You forgot to tell him to put all his ratchets on the nearside :open_mouth:

ha ha your right Toddy, he never listened to me and now look at the sucker. I flew past him just looking and tutting, pointing at all of my ratchets :smiley:

Just a quick question- if, as you say in the farmers wife thread you started, you passed this, with all your vast knowledge maybe you’d be able to definitely confirm whether it was a lorry or a farm tractor and trailer. Awaiting your reply