Kenworths in the UK

Thank you for your post with its sad content, we did not know that Conail had passed away, and have said prayers for his soul. Well gogs 2006 we did meet Conail, and as you said he left an impression!! From roaring into the yard in a well travelled Volvo estate, (at about 100mph)! determined that he was going to buy C209KAX and no one else was. To do the deal took a whole day, lunch and tea included, (at my expense). We left the local Cafe in hysterics, everyone in there having been implored by Conail to persuade this Englishman to let this poor Irishman take the “unloved” Kenworth to a better home! For some reason Conail thought that I would like to become the owner of a Rolls Royce that he had as a part exchange! I have never been a car man, nor never will be, but the sticking point was overcome and as you know Conail became owner of the Ardvark. We kept in touch for a number of years, mainly by telephone, I know how proud he was of what he had achieved with the Marine Hotel, and also the tremendous burden of his sons death, but our conversations were mainly full of mirth at whatever was going on in our lives, business or personal. So my memories are good ones. So what has happened to the Ardvark, where is she, and who owns her?? Can anyone help and throw light, or a photograph perhaps? Would love to know, Bon Chance, Salut.

friday snodland

on the road 056.jpg

Here is one i had for my wedding on friday. Much bettet than the royals minibuses.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304371186.501096.jpg

Another Neil Yates recovery Kenworth, saw it at Peterborough this weekend and loved it.

mechanic77:
Another Neil Yates recovery Kenworth, saw it at Peterborough this weekend and loved it.

Must say that looks the bx !! but abet its a pig to turn :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley:

Regards
Ant

Pictured at Mckey Foods Milton Keynes, early 90s.

I wonder if the driver was delivering some timber and had a long wait to unload and knocked up the shed to pass the time.

Taken at Truckfest, but did anyone work her?

RICO:
I wonder if the driver was delivering some timber and had a long wait to unload and knocked up the shed to pass the time.0

Awesome! Makes my 27 ft Caravan look like a Wendy-House!

Come & have a go if you think you’re hard enough! Built Tough!

adr:

hi chris,
i saw this very truck working in france several times in the late 80’s and early 90’s,pulling tilts for gb express.
regards andrew.

pete 359:

adr:

hi chris,
i saw this very truck working in france several times in the late 80’s and early 90’s,pulling tilts for gb express.
regards andrew.

Hi Andrew’
I can certainly think of, & have been to France in worse. Been in an Aerodyne, that was special, but I have never seen inside one of these with the double-sleeper, that bed must have been awesome!
Regards
Chris

adr:

pete 359:

adr:

hi chris,
regards andrew.

Hi Andrew’
I can certainly think of, & have been to France in worse. Been in an Aerodyne, that was special, but I have never seen inside one of these with the double-sleeper, that bed must have been awesome!
Regards
Chris

hi chris,
i found a long cab k100 aerodyne on american ebay when i was looking to buy a yank three years ago.unfortunatley the seller wasn’t prepared to deal with anybody outside the usa.i then found my peterbilt and bought that instead.the only k100 aerodyne i have sat in,was this one,then owned by allan bond from cirencester.seen here at rockingham in sept.2008.this one wasn’t the long cab,though still had 2 large beds and a fair amount of space between the back of the seats and the lower bed.she’s now sold and,i think?running on international bulk work.

this is the view from the drivers seat looking back.the upper bed is folded away.

Scary . . dug these pics out today.
Took these when i was driving for Alan, dont think he would be too pleased if he knew my eldest was hanging off the cab :laughing:
scan0008.jpg
scan0009.jpg

pete 359:

adr:

hi chris,
regards andrew.

Yes, I know that truck, it belonged to a French subbie to GBE Bordeaux by the name of Jean-Chistroph.He spoke English with an American accent having been a chef in California before returning to France. His wife drove a Pegasso Troner as an employed driver for GBE.

lovely truck that surely some one must know where it is and who has it now…

Hello all, if were talking about “Rolling Thunder” I thought that the original owner was from the West Country, Toby ■■, and that the truck was supplied by Mark Withers. But I could be wrong!! Cheerio.