Journey of shame

So collects load on Monday from Dagenham for some place nr Swansea , get to chievely and parks up for night , in morn does checks and alls fine , sets off and pops in Magor srvs for toilet and quick look in back of tri and loads ok , on down to Swansea , comes off m4 and place is about 1 1/2 miles away ( not been before ) , so looking for place , ah that looks like , ■■■■ bloody speed bump , brakes , ■■■■ only yards from place and I’ve took off over a speed bump I didn’t see as I was looking for place .
So goes in , pulls curtains , oh dear , they have a look but boss not there to say we’ll take it , won’t , , after hour you’ll have to take it back mate , rings up , take it to Newport , 5 mins later , no Dagenham , and they’ll be a investigation , so off we set on journey of shame back to Dagenham , gets there and bloke says you shot the load then , let’s have a look , mmm why didn’t they take it , seen loads worse than that , no idea mate first load I’ve ever shot , just didn’t see speed hump as looking for place , right I’ll get card out camera and see what we can find for the investigation if there is one , commes back and says nothing on there , and we can’t find any record of a harsh brake
Forget it , rings planner and he says your back on concrete tomorrow :wink:

Suppliers fault for not shrink wrapping it. A load like that was always going to shift if you had to do anything like remotely brake or change direction with any vigour.

Personally as the driver if I’d seen them trying to load that they’d have got told to get it wrapped.

Is that not shrink wrapped??

Idle clowns for not taking it though, it’s hardly scattered across the bed.

A.

The investigation should begin and end at the lack of shrink wrap. Amazes me how some of these gigantic companies cheap out on something so simple

Hardly a shot load. It’s moved, a bit. Pansies.

Show us the pallets towards the rear of the trailer.

Couldn’t you have just gone back to the speed bump, put it in reverse and gone back over it at speed to straighten it up again?!?!

mbax81:
Couldn’t you have just gone back to the speed bump, put it in reverse and gone back over it at speed to straighten it up again?!?!

He couldn’t do that he wouldn’t make it home for Friday

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

James the cat:
Hardly a shot load. It’s moved, a bit. Pansies.

Ha ha, try getting some of these Coca Cola depots to off load that! I once turned up at Edmonton with a load where only the back 4 pallets were like that, and they rejected the whole lot.

Conor:
Suppliers fault for not shrink wrapping it. A load like that was always going to shift if you had to do anything like remotely brake or change direction with any vigour.

Personally as the driver if I’d seen them trying to load that they’d have got told to get it wrapped.

Pre- loaded Connor , and that’s exactly how they come now , cans of coke , but bloke did say they have a lot of issues with them

Adonis.:

A.

No not shrink wrapped .

Rentadent:
Show us the pallets towards the rear of the trailer.

Here

Can see why it was rejected tbh,look at how the sprite (blue cans) is leaning against the Fanta (orange cans),wouldn’t get that pallet of sprite off without it going over!

From what I can see from the pics the load is hardly shot, and only really shot when the tins on the bottom are squashed.

mbax81:

Don’t laugh but I’ve done a similar thing, albeit with several pallets of bagged flour. Customer took one look at the shot load and said NO, ok mate leave it with me I’ll be back in a bit. So round the corner I goes and did several brake tests, lo and behold they straightened themselves out, so back to the customer I goes and asks is this alright? They accepted the lot.

As for shrink wrap, some canned drinks inc beer arnt shrink wrapped, instead the packs are stacked in a particular way and sometimes glued together.

dozy:
So collects load on Monday from Dagenham for some place nr Swansea , get to chievely and parks up for night , in morn does checks and alls fine , sets off and pops in Magor srvs for toilet and quick look in back of tri and loads ok , on down to Swansea , comes off m4 and place is about 1 1/2 miles away ( not been before ) , so looking for place , ah that looks like , [zb] bloody speed bump , brakes , [zb] only yards from place and I’ve took off over a speed bump I didn’t see as I was looking for place .
So goes in , pulls curtains , oh dear , they have a look but boss not there to say we’ll take it , won’t , , after hour you’ll have to take it back mate , rings up , take it to Newport , 5 mins later , no Dagenham , and they’ll be a investigation , so off we set on journey of shame back to Dagenham , gets there and bloke says you shot the load then , let’s have a look , mmm why didn’t they take it , seen loads worse than that , no idea mate first load I’ve ever shot , just didn’t see speed hump as looking for place , right I’ll get card out camera and see what we can find for the investigation if there is one , commes back and says nothing on there , and we can’t find any record of a harsh brake
Forget it , rings planner and he says your back on concrete tomorrow :wink:

Quality driver.png

Adonis.:

A.

That is hardly a shot load, you should see some of the crap we have to try & pick up :open_mouth:

xichrisxi:
Can see why it was rejected tbh,look at how the sprite (blue cans) is leaning against the Fanta (orange cans),wouldn’t get that pallet of sprite off without it going over!

Hope yr joking when you say that!

switchlogic:
The investigation should begin and end at the lack of shrink wrap. Amazes me how some of these gigantic companies cheap out on something so simple

They’ve never wrapped cans you’ll get the same at Heinz and most other places.