Journey of shame

Adonis.:
Is that not shrink wrapped??

Idle clowns for not taking it though, it’s hardly scattered across the bed.

A.

^
This
Whatevers the matter with some forkies? Drag one pallet out of the middle somewhere and straighten them up one by one by hand. Different matter if it had all fallen out pulling the curtain…

switchlogic:
The investigation should begin and end at the lack of shrink wrap. Amazes me how some of these gigantic companies cheap out on something so simple

They put some sort of glue in between the layers to stop them shifting,delivered 1000s of pallets of 24 packs of beer stacked without shrink wrap,they stopped shrink wrapping because warehouse numpties kept taking the wrap off with a Stanley knife in in the process piercing the cans which then sparked a F1 type celebration :smiley:

Or Greene king.
Blobs of glue on the underside of each tray.

Coca-Cola at Wakefield 41…

Are famous for this. With 26 pallets of free standing coke, one sharp prod on the brakes and bingo, one shot load.

Of course the planners will argue that ‘if it’s driven correctly it won’t go anywhere’ which we all know is bollox.

I have no idea why this isn’t classed as an insecure load.

You can beat them at their own game by deliberately ‘shooting’ the load and having to take it back which gets you home if you picked it up in your own yard.

There was/is a place in Barnsley that is entirely dependant on shot loads. All they do is re-stack trailer after trailer of wobbly coke pallets.

AndrewG:

Adonis.:
Is that not shrink wrapped??

Idle clowns for not taking it though, it’s hardly scattered across the bed.

A.

^
This
Whatevers the matter with some forkies? Drag one pallet out of the middle somewhere and straighten them up one by one by hand. Different matter if it had all fallen out pulling the curtain…

Idle, that’s what’s wrong.

They’ll never look for a solution either, mention giving you an empty pallet and you’ll restack it while they take the rest off will be met with that gormless glazed look so many of them have.

I tipped at a cash and carry once where the guy in front of me had a wobbly pallet, the forkie took it off and sat it to the side and the driver straightened it all out, nice and neat and rewrapped it.

Forkie scooped it up, thudded a pothole and tipped the lot, a ton of olives and their jars scattered across the car park :laughing: :laughing:

A.

yourhavingalarf:
There was/is a place in Barnsley that is entirely dependant on shot loads. All they do is re-stack trailer after trailer of wobbly coke pallets.

How much are they paying drivers to put some work their way?

xichrisxi:

switchlogic:
The investigation should begin and end at the lack of shrink wrap. Amazes me how some of these gigantic companies cheap out on something so simple

They put some sort of glue in between the layers to stop them shifting,delivered 1000s of pallets of 24 packs of beer stacked without shrink wrap,they stopped shrink wrapping because warehouse numpties kept taking the wrap off with a Stanley knife in in the process piercing the cans which then sparked a F1 type celebration :smiley:

Oh I didn’t know that, love and learn as they say. I’ve pulled these loads a few times and to be fair they are pretty stable

Coke don’t put any glue between those cases of cans like some places do, they are just deemed to be stable enough without any wrap. Granted, they’ll go nowhere in normal circumstances but you can say that for pretty much anything & it isn’t the point.

If consignors actually had some pressure put on them regarding loads going out secure, I can guarantee those pallets would be wrapped.

Another day, another Stobart trailer with a shot load… should ask Coke to put airbags between the pallets, like Inbev do for Stobarts.

And that is a shot load. And that did not happen by hitting a speed bump.

rob22888:
If consignors actually had some pressure put on them regarding loads going out secure, I can guarantee those pallets would be wrapped.

Will never happen though. Customer is always right remember…

Today I picked up from Clipper in Northampton. Seven pallets about seven feet high stacked by Barry Chuckle and Mr Tumble as a team effort with the merest hint of shrink wrap round them, then I got moaned at for strapping them with the roof straps. Can’t win sometimes.

dozy:
So collects load on Monday from Dagenham for some place nr Swansea , get to chievely and parks up for night , in morn does checks and alls fine , sets off and pops in Magor srvs for toilet and quick look in back of tri and loads ok , on down to Swansea , comes off m4 and place is about 1 1/2 miles away ( not been before ) , so looking for place , ah that looks like , [zb] bloody speed bump , brakes , [zb] only yards from place and I’ve took off over a speed bump I didn’t see as I was looking for place .
So goes in , pulls curtains , oh dear , they have a look but boss not there to say we’ll take it , won’t , , after hour you’ll have to take it back mate , rings up , take it to Newport , 5 mins later , no Dagenham , and they’ll be a investigation , so off we set on journey of shame back to Dagenham , gets there and bloke says you shot the load then , let’s have a look , mmm why didn’t they take it , seen loads worse than that , no idea mate first load I’ve ever shot , just didn’t see speed hump as looking for place , right I’ll get card out camera and see what we can find for the investigation if there is one , commes back and says nothing on there , and we can’t find any record of a harsh brake
Forget it , rings planner and he says your back on concrete tomorrow :wink:

Obviously the customer ordered too much and came out with the excuse of rejection sounds the usual BS you get most times from depo I say to them you ordered it you take it, which usually doesn’t work

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xichrisxi:

switchlogic:

They had that bright idea years ago (about 1995) when I was FLT-ing at Bass Hilton, run by TradeTeam. Instead of the boxes of alco-pops being shrink-wrapped, they were glued together… worked reasonably well with the full pallets, but you can imagine what happened when the pickers started to break the pallet down at the delivery point.

Went back to shrink-wrap after about a month.