Jealousy

switchlogic:
Ok I might as well admit it, mine is a 440 tarted up to look like a 750. Nobody is daft enough to give me that much power…

Oh, so how do you explain pulling up hill past everyone? LOL

in the last job I was given a ssc after 3 weeks being there and coming of a cf. that went down like a lead balloon, was told I got it because the boss wanted to make a point to another driver, who cares, I was happy :slight_smile:

another driver had been sacked after his truck was impounded at dover. the xf cab was chocker full of cigs. anyway 2 years later his is back and driving a cf, then starts complaining to the boss he wanted a bigger cab, not sure if that was jealousy or a need to bring more supplies in :slight_smile:

toby1234abc:
Lads with Yamaha DT 125cc bikes would bling it up to a DT 175 cc engine size.This would invalidate the insure for modifications not been reported to the insurance firm.

Since when did putting different badges on invalidate the insurance?

Slackbladder:
What’s small ■■■■■ syndrome?

See the thread about speed limits on the A66 for several examples…

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=106410

Years ago insurance companies would not cover you if you had a cheesy turbo badge stuck onto a non turbo car, they claimed it made the car more desirable to thieves :unamused:
Dunno if its the same now.

If you claim the engine size and model of vehicle is changed and you do not inform the insurance firm you are not insured.
Read the small print on your insurance.Under modifications/changes to the vehicle.

Drift:
Years ago insurance companies would not cover you if you had a cheesy turbo badge stuck onto a non turbo car, they claimed it made the car more desirable to thieves :unamused:
Dunno if its the same now.

Being reluctant to pay out on a Theft claim, or looking for a way to reduce the amount paid (which is pretty much standard procedure for most insurers) is a whole world away from “invalidating your insurance”.

its the same in our place some people need to concentrate on what they are doing rather than worrying and ■■■■■■■■ about other people :unamused:
i come in on monday grab my notes grab my trailer and away i go
a few month ago wesold a few motors and a result on the sat morning a few of us had to pick up the drivers dropping them off and run them back to the yard well i coped for a right ■■■ non stop bitched about everything and how he didnt want to loose his merc
so i decided to wind him right up and said he can have my daf xf next month he looked at me a bit confused so i told him the owner had bought a brand spanking new volvo just for me but its taking a little longer due to the boss having a special paint job and light bars fitted etc
you should have seen his face he didnt speak to me for the rest of the trip and still doesnt speak to me now RESULT :laughing:
ps im still driving my uniformed standard daf and am quite happy with it

I was told that I’d have a brand new Renault Premium after only a month in the job.I had a talk with one of the ‘old hands’ over a drink on a boat to somewhere,anxious not to be seen as jumping the queue.Put right in my place when he said I’d got it because nobody else wanted it :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Sir +:
I was told that I’d have a brand new Renault Premium after only a month in the job.I had a talk with one of the ‘old hands’ over a drink on a boat to somewhere,anxious not to be seen as jumping the queue.Put right in my place when he said I’d got it because nobody else wanted it :blush: :laughing: :laughing:

Id love to have seen your face lol

cliffton 27:
its the same in our place some people need to concentrate on what they are doing rather than worrying and ■■■■■■■■ about other people :unamused:
i come in on monday grab my notes grab my trailer and away i go
a few month ago wesold a few motors and a result on the sat morning a few of us had to pick up the drivers dropping them off and run them back to the yard well i coped for a right ■■■ non stop bitched about everything and how he didnt want to loose his merc
so i decided to wind him right up and said he can have my daf xf next month he looked at me a bit confused so i told him the owner had bought a brand spanking new volvo just for me but its taking a little longer due to the boss having a special paint job and light bars fitted etc
you should have seen his face he didnt speak to me for the rest of the trip and still doesnt speak to me now RESULT :laughing:
ps im still driving my uniformed standard daf and am quite happy with it

Haha good 1

I was very relieved tbh.Didn’t want to start off,or stepping,on the wrong foot. :slight_smile:

Sir +:

Same happened to me when I started at Pan Express.

The 4 series Scania wasn’t long out and I couldn’t believe it when I was allocated one… until I was told the same thing … :laughing:

Dave the Renegade:
Put them all back on Atkinson Borderer’s with 180 Gardner engines !

Yes. That’ll sort the men/women from the boys/girls.

In this business some drivers are just too worried about what everyone else is doing, where they are going, what they are driving, what time they finished etc etc
Instead of just coming in, doing what you gotta do and go home.

i get jealous of the other 3 drivers, they all got 57 plate MAN XXL’s, while i have got an 03 plate truck :cry: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

A firm I worked for had a Tcab scania two drivers had a fight over who was going to drive it.

kr79:
A firm I worked for had a Tcab scania two drivers had a fight over who was going to drive it.

you should have driven off in it whilst they were being childish :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The boss gave it to someone else who didn’t stop moaning about it.

Contraflow:

Snarley:
Both lovely trucks, but the driver of the 460 was so incensed at having the lesser engine, he bought 500 badges and put them on the side !!

This is one of the saddest things I’ve ever heard.

If we had a “despondent shaking head looking at the floor in the deepest pit of despondency” smilie on here I’d use it. Surely if the lorry moves, stop, steers, pulls a load then its good to go, or am I too young at this game… :unamused:

I’m niave aren’t I! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Like most on here, I’ve seen too many worry about what others are doing and when they are getting home, then ■■■■■ about so and so has an easier run than them etc, etc. Rather than concentrating on their task at hand and finishing that as efficiently as possible. :open_mouth:

C