What do you know about it■■?

didona8084:
What do you know about it■■?

Gas cylinders delivery

yes

war1974:
yes

Hi,is that hard work or something■■?

yes its hard work, I have 3 drivers doing it, they have to hump bottles about all day every day.
for the money its a hard way to earn it, unless you want to save on a gym membership.

Yes it’s hard work, I used to deliver oxy/acetylene/refrigerant to ships. Remember also that the cylinders are as heavy empty as they are full :wink:

But tell me something pls:)),deff im gonna use something to carry not the back so thats why im asking

didona8084:
But tell me something pls:)),deff im gonna use something to carry not the back so thats why im asking

At the least you need a wagon with a tail lift or lifting gear like the BOC wagons and to move them around you tilt them a bit and roll them on their bases while holding them at the valve.

Im gonna drive Boc lorrie…what do you think?How much the usually pay an hour ?on Ltd company

didona8084:
Im gonna drive Boc lorrie…what do you think?How much the usually pay an hour ?on Ltd company

I remember being on the waiting list at their depot in Merton for years and heard nothing.It seemed to be a case of dead man’s shoes.That was over 30 years ago I don’t know what the job there is like now.

Oh ,i see…thanks for the answers mate.Have a lovely day.

think it varies across the country, you can lift with whatever you think a lot of the lads use rope to lower into places etc but its still hard work which is what you asked in your question.

war1974:
think it varies across the country, you can lift with whatever you think a lot of the lads use rope to lower into places etc but its still hard work which is what you asked in your question.

Thanks alot

Don’t forget you need to get them onto the truck in the first place… Only one way to do that and its by using your arms and back…

Carryfast:

didona8084:

I remember being on the waiting list at their depot in Merton for years and heard nothing.It seemed to be a case of dead man’s shoes.That was over 30 years ago I don’t know what the job there is like now.

I must wonder for whom that was a lucky escape ? :slight_smile:

raymundo:

Carryfast:

didona8084:

I must wonder for whom that was a lucky escape ? :slight_smile:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

A brother of mine worked for BOC at Ipswich for about 18 years or so till the frog outfit bought them out and he was offered a real good redundancy payout, he reckoned the job was a doddle.

Well,i dont think its that bad:))how much they usually pay per hour thru Ltd company?

Make sure you get the right PPE (boots) too…

The ones with the ‘shields’ over the lace parts, not just the steel toe part.