Infringement advice please

darkseeker:
Thanks all, think you’ve answered the question anyway but I said I’d post a piccy of the printout so I might as well do so. It’s folded to hide my details, nothing else is hidden.

To be honest, I asked about refusing to sign it as I know the boss gets a bit funny about infringements and (if I’m 100% honest) in a way I’m looking for a reason to tell him what he can do with his job :confused:

No infringement there so you will have nothing to sign. No idea why the tacho started flashing at you because the POA period was 1 minute short to reset the driving timer when counted with the 31 minute rest. The two periods do total 45 minutes but anything less than 15 minutes doesn’t count for a break so it wasn’t that.

Coffeeholic:

MADBAZ:
Can’t see how there could be an infringement, Q is there an * at the side of the 30 min break @ 21.27? I can’t find any reference anywhere but I’ve noticed there is a * when a 45 is completed and a new driving period begins (on siemens anyhow).

You only get a * next to a break on a printout if the break is at least 1 hour, it won’t appear for any period of less than 1 hour even if it completes a 45 minute break and resets the driving timer. The * indicates it was a period long enough to be counted under the pre April 2007 rules toward a split daily rest, 2 or 3 periods of at least 1 hour with the final part being at least 8 hours. Under the current rules the * is meaningless.

Thanks for that Neil

Coffeeholic:
No idea why the tacho started flashing at you because the POA period was 1 minute short to reset the driving timer when counted with the 31 minute rest. The two periods do total 45 minutes but anything less than 15 minutes doesn’t count for a break so it wasn’t that.

Could it perhaps be a “feature” of the software that because it incorrectly counts POA as break and that the break and POA were consecutive it counted it as a continuous 45 min period of break and therefore reset the driving timer? That’s the only reason I can think of.

Either way you did nothing wrong, any infringment you get is nonsense.

Paul

Aye, I was pretty sure I’d done nothing wrong, just wanted to know what was up really.

Thanks again though, no infringement so far so looks like the tacho just spat its dummy.

GOT IT ARE YOU SURE YOU THEY ARE NOT SAYING YOU HAVENT DONE YOUR 15 MIN CHECK

swayze1:
GOT IT ARE YOU SURE YOU THEY ARE NOT SAYING YOU HAVENT DONE YOUR 15 MIN CHECK

You can’t get an infringement for not spending 15 minutes doing checks unless it’s company policy.

Anyway no-one has said anything yet, the op was preparing himself in case they did :wink:

repton:

Coffeeholic:
No idea why the tacho started flashing at you because the POA period was 1 minute short to reset the driving timer when counted with the 31 minute rest. The two periods do total 45 minutes but anything less than 15 minutes doesn’t count for a break so it wasn’t that.

Could it perhaps be a “feature” of the software that because it incorrectly counts POA as break and that the break and POA were consecutive it counted it as a continuous 45 min period of break and therefore reset the driving timer? That’s the only reason I can think of.

Either way you did nothing wrong, any infringment you get is nonsense.

Paul

Which is what we suggested earlier essentially, isn’t it ?