In cab safety

Surely normal car exhaust would do the job of nothing else was available.

As for can safety I can’t see anything better than wrapping the seat belt. Perhaps ratchet straps would be a close second.

My Volvo has a smoke alarm with CO detector built in.

mb14:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400580801119?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I’ve tried to purchase this through ebay, but I’m unable to because I live outside of the UK. I’ll keep trying though.

Geoffo:

mb14:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400580801119?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I’ve tried to purchase this through ebay, but I’m unable to because I live outside of the UK. I’ll keep trying though.

Don’t bother cos they are crap, the seat belt trick is crap as well. I will post a picture later of what I use later.

My dad used his belt (or an old one from home) if he was somewhere dodgy.

Tipper Tom:
Surely normal car exhaust would do the job of nothing else was available.

As for can safety I can’t see anything better than wrapping the seat belt. Perhaps ratchet straps would be a close second.

My Volvo has a smoke alarm with CO detector built in.

I also have a smoke detector in my Volvo, but if the test noise if the same as the alarm would be I doubt it would wake me up.

Wasn’t there something called Protek that went over the door handle a few years back and do they still make them or similar?

It’s at this point Kindle normally posts with a link to said product? :laughing:

I remember the doctors post re the gas. He stated categorically (if memory serves :laughing: ) it was bull shine. I’m not denying people have woken with bad heads etc though. Remember it takes many years to train as an anaesthetist to mix the correct gases to render someone unconscious without killing them, I can’t see some string vest and flip flop wearing fella with questionable personal hygiene or some street corner skank being able to achieve the same thing.

The story always goes the person woke with a bad head and had been robbed. If something is potent enough to render unconsciousness, it will likely kill you in the wrong hands. But where are all these dead drivers? Those knocked out would be choking to death on their own tongues, as happened in the Moscow theatre siege.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_the … age_crisis

Also where are they getting these gases?!

The correct dosage would have match the body mass index.If the so called gasser could see an obese or skinny driver before injecting it through the rubber by the cab doors or in the air vents.
If the cab curtains are shut,how would Mr Gasser know that.
For the poster that called me a name ,next time you see a doctor or visit a hospital,ask one how you can be knocked out by this gas that does not exist,so Raymondo,it seems you are talking rubbish once again.Get your facts right before insulting me.
As said no reports of dead drivers all over Europe.Name the chemical structure of this gas and where you get it from.

Here we go… .
I got mine at mont st michel service station on the way to caen, but I know they sell them at the bp at roye.

these are best and if you can’t get them geffo and want some il pick up a set and post tgem to you.

Race Trucker:
Put seatbelt through door handle and click it back in.

What he says. it works a treat.
and if you want to spend money, you can have this idea for a £1.00.

I am with Toby and Bazza on this. Gassing does not happen by people breaking into cabs etc.

Thanks for the support.Those cab locks used to be sold at Kontixa Truckstop at Sunbilla near Pamplona Espania.All makes available for peace of mind.Valencia and Marseille are the worst for cab crime.

owen1955:
Strap and Ratchet the doors together,lol

+1…why couldnt you think of that yourself? how hard can it be?..leave the biggest baseball bat or blade jammed against the window,andthey usually take the hint…works for me??

jessicas dad:
Here we go… .
I got mine at mont st michel service station on the way to caen, but I know they sell them at the bp at roye.

these are best and if you can’t get them geffo and want some il pick up a set and post tgem to you.

That’s exactly what I’m looking for.
What’s the name of the company that makes them ?

Geoffo:

jessicas dad:
Here we go… .

I don’t know, I don’t have the packaging but il keep an eye out for you. like i said i know they sell them in the bp at roye so il try and check next week.

jessicas dad:

Geoffo:

jessicas dad:
Here we go… .

I don’t know, I don’t have the packaging but il keep an eye out for you. like i said i know they sell them in the bp at roye so il try and check next week.

Thanks J.D.

bazza123:
I remember the doctors post re the gas. He stated categorically (if memory serves :laughing: ) it was bull shine. I’m not denying people have woken with bad heads etc though. Remember it takes many years to train as an anaesthetist to mix the correct gases to render someone unconscious without killing them, I can’t see some string vest and flip flop wearing fella with questionable personal hygiene or some street corner skank being able to achieve the same thing.

The story always goes the person woke with a bad head and had been robbed. If something is potent enough to render unconsciousness, it will likely kill you in the wrong hands. But where are all these dead drivers? Those knocked out would be choking to death on their own tongues, as happened in the Moscow theatre siege.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Spray a can of easy start in your cab see how well you sleep

chester1:

bazza123:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/

Spray a can of easy start in your cab see how well you sleep

That’s the thing though. I understand one of the ingredients is diethyl ether, which was once used in anaesthesia. The thing is that if a driver becomes unconscious through gassing as you argue, he will quickly lose his airway and suffocate.

To repeat, if this is the case, where are all these dead drivers■■?

muckles:
Wasn’t there something called Protek that went over the door handle a few years back and do they still make them or similar?

It’s at this point Kindle normally posts with a link to said product? :laughing:

Here ya go muckles! This is the parent company.
I do have a pair of door locks for a left hand drive Daf XF in the shed from my Transam days , very good they are too!

viperguardproducts.co.uk/ind … &Itemid=26

kindle530:

muckles:

Here ya go muckles! This is the parent company.
I do have a pair of door locks for a left hand drive Daf XF in the shed from my Transam days , very good they are too!

viperguardproducts.co.uk/ind … &Itemid=26

I knew you’d come up trumps again. :smiley:

So how do they work then?

The drivers one splits in two, and is locked via a hidden padlock, the passenger one is one piece and goes over the lever you pull to open the door. I will have to bring my camera home and take a photo. Simple but effective