I'm breaking the law by working 6 days

Apparently while chatting to some one who should know better it turns out I’m breaking the law! Apparently you can’t work 6 days then take a 45 hour rest as it wouldn’t fit within 7 24 hour periods. How do people get so confused? So remember chaps you can only work 5 days before a 45, just like you can only work 13 hrs before an 11.

That last bit is sarcastic btw.

I best tell my boss I hate working saturdays.

kr79:
I best tell my boss I hate working saturdays.

You will do what the Boss dictates! Now back to work! :laughing:

switchlogic:
Apparently while chatting to some one who should know better it turns out I’m breaking the law! Apparently you can’t work 6 days then take a 45 hour rest as it wouldn’t fit within 7 24 hour periods. How do people get so confused? So remember chaps you can only work 5 days before a 45, just like you can only work 13 hrs before an 11.

Thought you have done your Dcpc Luke? :laughing:

switchlogic:

I’m not sure what has prompted this load of BS to suddenly start making the rounds but I have heard it a couple of times recently.

Your not…of course you can work a 6 day week before a 45…except after a 13 hr day you must take a week off on full pay…not 11 days… :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

There are dozens of posts on these forums saying how complicated the drivers hours laws are, maybe it is due to poor education in schools or too many mobile phones befuddling the brain.

My missus starts cooking my weekend fryup no later than the end of 6 consecutive 24 hour periods from the end of my last weekend fryup

To remind her I have bought a small box of eggs, a case of beer, a large steel drum to put stolen diesel in, with some smaller cans to top it up with.

A driver must start a weekly rest period no later than at the end of six consecutive 24-hour periods from the end of the last weekly rest period.

You’ve a PM Coffee. I’d like your view on something. Cheers.

And yes Mr Wheel your right. It’s not actually complicated at all. And it’s certainly not open to interpretation in my view, it’s very black and White.

switchlogic:
You’ve a PM Coffee. I’d like your view on something. Cheers.

And yes Mr Wheel your right. It’s not actually complicated at all. And it’s certainly not open to interpretation in my view, it’s very black and White.

Answered the PM.

Coffeeholic:

switchlogic:

I’m not sure what has prompted this load of BS to suddenly start making the rounds but I have heard it a couple of times recently.

VOSA’s idea of two weeks is two weeks and a day? 144+24=168 = a week, 144+45=189= a week and a day. So although there’s nothing to say your week has to be aligned with a fixed week, your week can actually be eight days :smiley:
Maybe the definition of “weekly” may of changed too, i thought a week was 7 days, not so sure now. And remember, a weekly rest period that falls i two weeks can be counted for either not both !!!
The only thing that is simple is our own understanding or interpretation of them :smiley: :smiley:

dessy:

switchlogic:

Thought you have done your Dcpc Luke? :laughing:

thats where he heard it. :laughing:

I use 6 cards/ 6days every week and manage to fit my 45hours every weekend and also stay within my 90hours a fortnight driving… Been stopped few times, not loads, but each in the 5 or 6 stops I have been given a green light and let away… So until the authorities decided otherwise I shall keep doing what I am doing the now!

switchlogic:

Depends on what you mean by 6 days. If you’re working the max duty hours in a week, 84, then you wouldn’t be able to do it every week. However if you are parked up by 12pm Saturday and don’t start work until 9am on Monday then you’re getting your 45hrs in and you can do that as long as you like. I’ve done jobs before where you’d need to run in a couple of hours on a Saturday morning, be parked up by 8am and not back in the truck until 6am on Monday. You can do that forever.

you can legally work a 7 day week once in a while if you work 4 on 2 off shift! Lol

Cruise Control:
you can legally work a 7 day week once in a while if you work 4 on 2 off shift! Lol

7 shifts maybe but you must start a weekly rest before the end of the sixth 24 hour period from when you started

switchlogic:

Cruise Control:

7 shifts maybe but you must start a weekly rest before the end of the sixth 24 hour period from when you started

You can easily work 7 calendar days in a week and more if the shifts are timed right

A simple example would be a driver who works from 6pm to 6am one week and then 6am to 6pm the next week and then starts the same rota again

Start monday 6pm - finish saturday 6am = 5 shifts
24 hours off - reduced weekly rest (21 hours to payback)
start sunday 6am - finish friday 6pm = 6 shifts
72 hours off = full weekly rest (including payback of 21 hours)

12 consecutive calendar days have been worked between the full weekly rests

R0G:

switchlogic:

Cruise Control:

You can easily work 7 calendar days in a week and more if the shifts are timed right

A simple example would be a driver who works from 6pm to 6am one week and then 6am to 6pm the next week and then starts the same rota again

Start monday 6pm - finish saturday 6am = 5 shifts
24 hours off - reduced weekly rest (21 hours to payback)
start sunday 6am - finish friday 6pm = 6 shifts
72 hours off = full weekly rest (including payback of 21 hours)

12 consecutive calendar days have been worked between the full weekly rests

Did you honestly mean you can work 7 calendar days OR MORE in a week? Has a week increased in length? And besides your example states 12 days worked between full weekly rests. I make that two 6 day working weeks.

But anyhow I was never talking calendar weeks, I’m talking working weeks and the fact I was told I can’t work 6 days before a 45.

switchlogic:
Did you honestly mean you can work 7 calendar days OR MORE in a week?

Not more than 7 calendars days in a week :laughing: - there are only 7 !!
What I meant was that more than 7 calendar days can be worked in a row if the shifts are timed in a certain way

It’s actually possible to work ‘every calendar day’’ every week with a full weekly rest if the weekly rest starts at say 2am on saturday and finishes at 9pm on sunday

The 144 hour rule (6 X 24 hours periods) is still adhered to

A calendar day does not have the same meaning as a 24 hour period

Oh God! Someone’s gonna mention “calendar minutes” soon, aren’t they :question:
Oops, I think it was me… :blush:

R0G:

switchlogic:
Did you honestly mean you can work 7 calendar days OR MORE in a week?

Not more than 7 calendars days in a week :laughing: - there are only 7 !!
What I meant was that more than 7 calendar days can be worked in a row if the shifts are timed in a certain way

It’s actually possible to work ‘every calendar day’’ every week with a full weekly rest if the weekly rest starts at say 2am on saturday and finishes at 9pm on sunday

The 144 hour rule (6 X 24 hours periods) is still adhered to

A calendar day does not have the same meaning as a 24 hour period

You wouldn’t know what a working day was if it bit you on the arse.