I was nearly killed by olearyinternational driver

There are a couple of Oleary units outside Seatruck in Liverpool tonight (parked up). Both plain red Mercedes Actros’ units and both with registrations virtually identical to the one that you say hit you. Just the last 2 numbers are different as you would expect in a consecutively registered fleet.

Is there something in the New Ross area that makes for such unscrupulous companies, aren’t two of Irelands other ‘finest’ companies also from the very same place?

dozy:

mr G:
Wednesday 31st 2012 was an especially eventful night for myself as i was mashed on the M6 southbound by a Foreign Lorry driver.

The said Polish driver didn’t see me from his left - sided drivers seat and took me out by clipping me on the rear of my van as he attempted to move into the lane that i was already driving in.

Luckily my vehicle and myself just danced gracefully around all 3 lanes of the M6 without the need to roll.

Having come to a standstill wedged in the cab of our polish friend, I contemplated how lucky i was to be still of this earth.

Within Minutes we were attended by the Highways agency who sorted us out and eventually exchanged details.

A kind motorist who was behind me pulled in to offer his version of events and confirmed that the collision was in no way fault of Myself
Within days my army of insurance and no win fee agents were on the case! The highways agency had logged the incident, I had all driver and company details and also that vital witness willing to testify.

4 weeks later I am told that the vehicle registration of his lorry cannot be found. On the insurance of motorists database The international firm of hauliers whom he was carrying goods for don’t know him! Yet his trailer and truck had their name plastered all over www.olearyinternational.com new ross co wexford Ireland

My claim was against the 3rd party and yet now it seems because he is unable to be traced my vehicle and mental scars will have to come out of my own pocket. OLEARYINTERNATIONAL.COM have so far refused to respond to any letters or emails sent to them

Have any of you guys had to deal with a similar situation and have you any advice how I can force the “international” haulage company who use this driver to release more information?
i recently found this article about olearyinternational whom have been prosecuted in the past for using illegal drivers etc
http://business.highbeam.com/435983/article-1G1-154451949/dark-side-ireland-migrant-drivers

Mental scars :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: ,

The OP could have been badly hurt in the crash and you type something like that! ■■■

I saw an old James Irlam trailer this morning, it made me think of this thread.

It was still fully marked up in Irlams colours & signwriting, right down to “Irlam” on the mud flaps and a trailer number…
(I’m ex Irlam, hence the interest!! :astonished: )

It was being pulled by an 09 plated Blue & White Scania, obviously to people in the know, Irlam no longer trade ,in that guise at least, but say it had swiped somebody like the OP, you could understand him deeming them to be at fault when in fact, it’s nothing to do with Irlams now parent, Stobart group (cue wrath…)
Get one digit wrong on the reg number and it’s likely nigh impossible to persue a successful claim.

It was just a thought - with this thread in mind…

I have every sympathy with the OP and wish him success on his claim…

mickyblue:

dozy:

mr G:
Wednesday 31st 2012 was an especially eventful night for myself as i was mashed on the M6 southbound by a Foreign Lorry driver.

The said Polish driver didn’t see me from his left - sided drivers seat and took me out by clipping me on the rear of my van as he attempted to move into the lane that i was already driving in.

Luckily my vehicle and myself just danced gracefully around all 3 lanes of the M6 without the need to roll.

Having come to a standstill wedged in the cab of our polish friend, I contemplated how lucky i was to be still of this earth.

Within Minutes we were attended by the Highways agency who sorted us out and eventually exchanged details.

A kind motorist who was behind me pulled in to offer his version of events and confirmed that the collision was in no way fault of Myself
Within days my army of insurance and no win fee agents were on the case! The highways agency had logged the incident, I had all driver and company details and also that vital witness willing to testify.

4 weeks later I am told that the vehicle registration of his lorry cannot be found. On the insurance of motorists database The international firm of hauliers whom he was carrying goods for don’t know him! Yet his trailer and truck had their name plastered all over www.olearyinternational.com new ross co wexford Ireland

My claim was against the 3rd party and yet now it seems because he is unable to be traced my vehicle and mental scars will have to come out of my own pocket. OLEARYINTERNATIONAL.COM have so far refused to respond to any letters or emails sent to them

Have any of you guys had to deal with a similar situation and have you any advice how I can force the “international” haulage company who use this driver to release more information?
i recently found this article about olearyinternational whom have been prosecuted in the past for using illegal drivers etc
http://business.highbeam.com/435983/article-1G1-154451949/dark-side-ireland-migrant-drivers

Mental scars :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: ,

The OP could have been badly hurt in the crash and you type something like that! ■■■

Get over yourself.

Th original poster hardly sounds like he’s suffering, more like he is trying to pursue an insurance claim.

del trotter:
Get over yourself.

Th original poster hardly sounds like he’s suffering, more like he is trying to pursue an insurance claim.

Isn’t he entitled to? At the end of the day he’s been hit by another vehicle, and from the story we’ve got sounds like it was 100% the Actros’s fault. Now it doesn’t matter if the truck was LHD or RHD, it’s still a mistake (which we all make) and has caused damage and distress that needs to be sorted.

Personally I’d be seeing a solicitor and persuing O’Leary International through the small claims court.

dew:

del trotter:
Get over yourself.

Isn’t he entitled to? At the end of the day he’s been hit by another vehicle, and from the story we’ve got sounds like it was 100% the Actros’s fault. Now it doesn’t matter if the truck was LHD or RHD, it’s still a mistake (which we all make) and has caused damage and distress that needs to be sorted.

Personally I’d be seeing a solicitor and persuing O’Leary International through the small claims court.

100% agree with the damage but not the “distress”. All of this distress nonsense or people sueing one another for hurting of feelings or being insulted by someone are pathetic non offences in my opinion. Being injured in an accident is one thing, walking away from it perfectly fine but thinking of what could have happened is quite another. He’s not dead, be thankful of that and concentrate on the matter at hand, the insurance claim to actual damage that did happen, not the hypothetical situation that did not happen.

robinhood_1984:

dew:

del trotter:
Get over yourself.

100% agree with the damage but not the “distress”. All of this distress nonsense or people sueing one another for hurting of feelings or being insulted by someone are pathetic non offences in my opinion. Being injured in an accident is one thing, walking away from it perfectly fine but thinking of what could have happened is quite another. He’s not dead, be thankful of that and concentrate on the matter at hand, the insurance claim to actual damage that did happen, not the hypothetical situation that did not happen.

Couldn’t have put it better myself.

Mental scars? I hate these litigious times that we live in.

Underdog? Give Joe Pasquale a ring.

Wpi ye74 parked up at stafford servs.

Thank you guys for all your help ,i have enough information now to pursue oleary through the small claims court.As a previous poster rightly pointed out,all i want is help and advice from this board and of course justice from the company who hit me and refuses to accept that it was them.
As for my injuries, well im awaiting an operation on my spine,which was severely impacted in the crash.
I haven’t worked in 2013 so far and being self-employed im sure you will realise that im on my own without any benefits .Therefore i have physical and mental stress …caused by having to try and pay bills with no money available.
so all you guys who jumped on the wagon to criticise my motives …i tell you my motives are clear and my morals are true.
I only want to be in a position i was BEFORE the crash and if it takes an army of legal representatives to put me there then that’s what it will be.
This is the first claim against any insurance company in 20 years of driving and i would have hoped that an early conclusion would have been reached .
unfortunately olearyinternational refuse to co-operate and hence i am filling my free time digging deep into the murky world of illegal drivers and their masters…and what eye-opening stuff it is .
Secondly if it makes you guys think twice about any subbie work with oleary then at least you now know how they operate

Good luck with it. One man v a big company, good luck

mr G:

Having come to a standstill wedged in the cab of our polish friend,? .

What? you danced around all 3 lanes yet still finished up wedged in his cab?

Your spine was severely impacted in the accident…when did you discover this, at the time or when talking to a mate in the pub afterwards?

Sorry too many holes in this story for me.

Guys
Once again thank you for genuine responses i really do appreciate your time and effort in helping me find the proper authorities to contact.
Unfortunately there are some cynics/know-alls who act like kids behind their computer screen, (we have our fair share on mtvan)
i think we know who they are purely by their usernames :laughing:

i have enough information to move this forward,So this post can be put to bed.
Any additional information of relevance would be gratefully received through the p.m message system
regards mr G

Carryfast:
It’s either a case of false number plates or the relevant vehicle registration authorities for the truck haven’t got a clue.

Although the Polish driver should have provided details after an accident and I’m assuming you got all those details which would include his name and base address :question: .Assuming all those details are false then it’s probably no surprise that the number plates would also be false.Then ask for confirmation from the relevant authorities ( was it a Polish reg number or an Irish reg :question: ) as to wether the reg number was valid and if so what does it relate to or was it false in which case VOSA is obviously allowing trucks to run around the country on false plates without any valid O licencing etc etc .All of which,at the very least,shows up the proposed ‘foreign truck’ road taxation idea for the bs rip off it really is let alone the issue of unlicenced trucks obviously without valid tax,insurance or O licences. :unamused: :imp:

Hiya…i agree fully with carryfast…when you think really hard the only way to make any profit in haulage is to cut a corner or two, running with NO tax/insurance and operators licence or even a driving licence is the best way out for forigen drivers.
they seem to please themselves anyway…one time i unloaded a chap, he was drinking whiskey out of a bottle, when i;d taken off what i wanted he was on his way from the Chester area to leeds
John

3300John:

Carryfast:
It’s either a case of false number plates or the relevant vehicle registration authorities for the truck haven’t got a clue.

Although the Polish driver should have provided details after an accident and I’m assuming you got all those details which would include his name and base address :question: .Assuming all those details are false then it’s probably no surprise that the number plates would also be false.Then ask for confirmation from the relevant authorities ( was it a Polish reg number or an Irish reg :question: ) as to wether the reg number was valid and if so what does it relate to or was it false in which case VOSA is obviously allowing trucks to run around the country on false plates without any valid O licencing etc etc .All of which,at the very least,shows up the proposed ‘foreign truck’ road taxation idea for the bs rip off it really is let alone the issue of unlicenced trucks obviously without valid tax,insurance or O licences. :unamused: :imp:

Hiya…i agree fully with carryfast…when you think really hard the only way to make any profit in haulage is to cut a corner or two, running with NO tax/insurance and operators licence or even a driving licence is the best way out for forigen drivers.
they seem to please themselves anyway…one time i unloaded a chap, he was drinking whiskey out of a bottle, when i;d taken off what i wanted he was on his way from the Chester area to leeds
John

It seems,in this case,that the reg number was valid it was just mis read and recorded wrong by whoever wrote it down which seems to have been a Highways Agency worker.Which still leaves the question as to why the driver doesn’t seem to have provided all the correct address details consistent with the truck being registered,and therefore obviously based and O licenced and insured,in Poland. :bulb: :confused:

1 simple rule here, call the police.
The highway agency boys are as useful as chocolate teapots, now don’t get me wrong, they’re great at getting their cones out but that’s about it. Police are your first call every time. No police incident number, no crime.

Kerbdog:

Not much damage to it

EDIT: Just noticed that OP might not come back, so I am moving what I wrote to PM.

Dafman:

Kerbdog:

Not much damage to it

Completely different truck