I was nearly killed by olearyinternational driver

yes…that`s right

commonrail:
yes…that`s right

so, now, after you eventually seem to understand the question, i eagerly await your answer :grimacing:

what i meant in my first post on this thread,has been covered in more detail by roymondo.

Thanks a lot guys .
Just like our courier forum on MTVan we get a lot of folks going completely off topic and ruining the original post.
To clarify
yes it was a red merc actros and the number i posted was given to me by the highways agency.I personally was in no fit state to take photos or chat to the bloke who just mashed me but thanks for that suggestion for the future
I am fully comprehensive …however i sustained injuries and have lost 8 weeks of work because of the collision.
My insurance company have basically told me to claim on my own policy because they cant be arsed to investigate and claim from the 3rd party olearyinternational.

Because so many people have come up with blanks or cant be bothered to help because it costs too much ,i am doing my own research.I have contacted my MEP and hope he is willing to take up my case. This incident is more than claiming for a damaged van or days off work …he nearly killed me !! That if anything makes me want to get these people prosecuted.

its not off topic...the reason he mashed you was because you were in his blind spot.take on what youre reading and it may prevent the same from happening again :bulb:

Im talking about your member -daftman -going off topic.
I fully understand the blind spot issue

oh right…ok

commonrail:
what i meant in my first post on this thread,has been covered in more detail by roymondo.

no it hasn’t, he is stating the difference between the two trucks driving along the same road

i was asking YOU, why the need to single out the LHD trucks

it is not the truck that is the problem, it is the driver, and the total lack of observation from the driver

if i take my truck across to France, then i have the same problem as the foreign driver in a LHD truck over here, so, why is it that i did not hit anything in over 2 years of driving over there every day?

because, as you say

blind spot + left hand drive artic = trouble

which is exactly the same as a RHD truck in Europe

mr G:

i think you will find that it wasn’t Dafman that went off topic, it was the members who made a point in having a go at him for his original comment, and then his responses to those comments (which have now been edited by Denis F for the personal attacks)

limeyphil:
We have a van driver looking for sympathy of a load of lorry drivers. He’s probably done the same thing that most of you complain about.
Lorry has his indicator on, So the van/car driver speeds up or just sits there completely oblivious to his/her surroundings.
I’ve never blindsided anyone when i’ve driven in europe. Both parties should take some responsibility.

Mate im not after sympathy i am just asking for advice from you guys in tracing a driver and company who are lying below the radar-literally! and i thank you for all the positive leads given so far
We all use the roads and have all encountered the good and bad of the road ,we all have our moans but at the end of the day we would all leap out of our cab to help a driver in an accident. wouldn’t we?

mr G:

limeyphil:
We have a van driver looking for sympathy of a load of lorry drivers. He’s probably done the same thing that most of you complain about.
Lorry has his indicator on, So the van/car driver speeds up or just sits there completely oblivious to his/her surroundings.
I’ve never blindsided anyone when i’ve driven in europe. Both parties should take some responsibility.

Mate im not after sympathy i am just asking for advice from you guys in tracing a driver and company who are lying below the radar-literally! and i thank you for all the positive leads given so far
We all use the roads and have all encountered the good and bad of the road ,we all have our moans but at the end of the day we would all leap out of our cab to help a driver in an accident. wouldn’t we?

I would hope we would help out another driver after an accident.
The thing is, Did the lorry indicate? Did he just pull out and hit you? Or was it pretty steady?
Maybe you could have done more to avoid the collision.
You may find that O’leary are self insured. Quite a lot of Irish firms had to do this when they took on foreign drivers, Insurance companies wouldn’t touch them due to the excessive amount of claims.
I wasn’t trying to have a pop at you. I know it could look like it. We only have your version of events after all.

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

no it hasn’t, he is stating the difference between the two trucks driving along the same road
yes it has
i was asking YOU, why the need to single out the LHD trucks
because it was in england
it is not the truck that is the problem, it is the driver, and the total lack of observation from the driver
i agree…but its easier to miss something,when youre on the wrong side of the cab
if i take my truck across to France, then i have the same problem as the foreign driver in a LHD truck over here, so, why is it that i did not hit anything in over 2 years of driving over there every day?
could be luck,could be your skill
because, as you say

blind spot + left hand drive artic = trouble

which is exactly the same as a RHD truck in Europe

i agree again

mr G:
Thanks a lot guys .
Just like our courier forum on MTVan we get a lot of folks going completely off topic and ruining the original post.
To clarify
yes it was a red merc actros and the number i posted was given to me by the highways agency.I personally was in no fit state to take photos or chat to the bloke who just mashed me but thanks for that suggestion for the future
I am fully comprehensive …however i sustained injuries and have lost 8 weeks of work because of the collision.
My insurance company have basically told me to claim on my own policy because they cant be arsed to investigate and claim from the 3rd party olearyinternational.

Because so many people have come up with blanks or cant be bothered to help because it costs too much ,i am doing my own research.I have contacted my MEP and hope he is willing to take up my case. This incident is more than claiming for a damaged van or days off work …he nearly killed me !! That if anything makes me want to get these people prosecuted.

I think the Highways agency have made a ■■■■-up with the reg plate (WPI YE49) as evidence on Flickr show that O’leary’s own WPI YE59/64/67/69/70 a and received 25 Actros’s new in 2009

hgvuk.com/07/30/o%E2%80%99le … edes-benz/

mr G:

Oh that’s it, blame it on me everyone else does it’s like water off a ducks back and listen to what the other say about blind spots you may learn something, now with very little to go on and stupidly no photographic evidence I think that they have done a good job helping. Once again we are not the police vosa or interpol I don’t know what you expected us to do.

Waco:

mr G:
Thanks a lot guys .
To clarify

I think the Highways agency have made a ■■■■-up with the reg plate (WPI YE49) as evidence on Flickr show that O’leary’s own WPI YE59/64/67/69/70 a and received 25 Actros’s new in 2009

So the most likely scenario seems to be flagged out Polish registered wagons operated from a local base in Piaseczno.It seems obvious in that case that the OP needs to find out that local operating centre address from the Polish O licencing authorities and then from that the local Polish insurance details.The strange bit seems to be why the ‘highways agency’ ( or the OP )didn’t seem to find any inconsistency in the fact that the driver seems to have given an Irish truck base reference :question: for what was obvious to a trained monkey as being a Polish registered and obviously based truck.Which has obviously resulted in the OP chasing a false trail as to where to make the claim.The question is has the driver been instructed to do that for that reason instead of providing the correct address and details as to where the truck is actually based.In which case it’s probably a good idea to get the police here and VOSA involved and if they don’t want to know report it to the newspapers. :confused: :bulb:

By the way the letter I and the number 1 on Polish plates seem to be easy enough to identify and differentiate as they appear just as they do typed here.Although having said that it’s the reason why the letter I was never allowed to be used on UK reg plates ( at least for the year identifier and I think the other reference letters too ) which is what probably confused the HA workers.Although using an even longer continental type stroke on the number one would help even more which is of course why they’ve always put a cross through the number 7 to differentiate the continental 1 from 7.

However if the OP really sustained ‘injuries’ in the accident then it should have been a police matter from the start when the accident happened.

mr G:
Thanks a lot guys .
To clarify

if they have told you they cant be arsed then you might want too contact these financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ and report them. does your insurance not have legal cover?

Carryfast:

Waco:

mr G:
Thanks a lot guys .
To clarify

So the most likely scenario seems to be flagged out Polish registered wagons operated from a local base in Piaseczno.It seems obvious in that case that the OP needs to find out that local operating centre address from the Polish O licencing authorities and then from that the local Polish insurance details.The strange bit seems to be why the ‘highways agency’ ( or the OP )didn’t seem to find any inconsistency in the fact that the driver seems to have given an Irish truck base reference :question: for what was obvious to a trained monkey as being a Polish registered and obviously based truck.Which has obviously resulted in the OP chasing a false trail as to where to make the claim.The question is has the driver been instructed to do that for that reason instead of providing the correct address and details as to where the truck is actually based.In which case it’s probably a good idea to get the police here and VOSA involved and if they don’t want to know report it to the newspapers. :confused: :bulb:

By the way the letter I and the number 1 on Polish plates seem to be easy enough to identify and differentiate as they appear just as they do typed here.Although having said that it’s the reason why the letter I was never allowed to be used on UK reg plates ( at least for the year identifier and I think the other reference letters too ) which is what probably confused the HA workers.Although using an even longer continental type stroke on the number one would help even more which is of course why they’ve always put a cross through the number 7 to differentiate the continental 1 from 7.

However if the OP really sustained ‘injuries’ in the accident then it should have been a police matter from the start when the accident happened.

well i must admit when the HA i thought i was in good hands. Then weeks later realised that they are just lollipop ladies in a van.
They took all details at scene inc wrong digits on number plate and even more surprising was they gave me a log number at scene …but DIDN’T record it on their database.
Luckily i had kept the original "scrap " of paper they swapped details on ,then i was able to pass that on to a senior manager who confirmed that my “scrap” of paper was in fact written by the scene officer…shocking !!
I was also surprised in hindsight that both mine and olearys vehicle checks weren’t made and also maybe a breath test too .
to summarise i wish the police had attended as i wouldn’t be chasing this trail and of course my opinion of our hi-viz friends is they are no more than Muppets there to pick up bits of debris

mr G:

Carryfast:

Waco:

mr G:
Thanks a lot guys .
To clarify

well i must admit when the HA i thought i was in good hands. Then weeks later realised that they are just lollipop ladies in a van.
They took all details at scene inc wrong digits on number plate and even more surprising was they gave me a log number at scene …but DIDN’T record it on their database.
Luckily i had kept the original "scrap " of paper they swapped details on ,then i was able to pass that on to a senior manager who confirmed that my “scrap” of paper was in fact written by the scene officer…shocking !!
I was also surprised in hindsight that both mine and olearys vehicle checks weren’t made and also maybe a breath test too .
to summarise i wish the police had attended as i wouldn’t be chasing this trail and of course my opinion of our hi-viz friends is they are no more than Muppets there to pick up bits of debris

How’s the recovery from the mental scars you received going :question: ,I guess it will be a long/drawn out process ,maybe only fully recover from it when the injuries cheque drops through the letter box :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I’m not sure what you think your MEP can or will do? Its a straightforward procedure, you’ve identified the vehicle, its olearys. If you’re pursuing it yourself you send olearys the bill, if they don’t pay you go off to court. Thats how it works.

Mike-C:
I’m not sure what you think your MEP can or will do? Its a straightforward procedure, you’ve identified the vehicle, its olearys. If you’re pursuing it yourself you send olearys the bill, if they don’t pay you go off to court. Thats how it works.

^ This