I was nearly killed by olearyinternational driver

Dafman:
I have I admit it Tetleys Tea it really misses me off when people have a pop but don’t come back to to reply.

Your saying enough yourself,and confirming your a fanny

We have a van driver looking for sympathy of a load of lorry drivers. He’s probably done the same thing that most of you complain about.
Lorry has his indicator on, So the van/car driver speeds up or just sits there completely oblivious to his/her surroundings.
I’ve never blindsided anyone when i’ve driven in europe. Both parties should take some responsibility.

Another brave sole please tell everyone what the op should do

TheBear:
Surely, anyone having an accident fills in the relevant forms and after that it is down to the insurance company to chase the other driver down. That’s why we pay these extreme rates. You have provided the details and now let them sort it out. Not your problem. Get your van fixed and let them chase their money.

Now you see this is how normal people would deal with it but when the four foul mouth people have got out of bed and there mummies have dressed them I am sure they will tell us the correct way to deal with the above situatuon.

commonrail:
blind spot + left hand drive artic = trouble :bulb:

so, what is the difference between what you have said, and the blind spot on a right hand drive artic?

not having a go, but, just curious as to what your thoughts are on that :wink:

and also just curious as to why you have singled out the left hand drive version :wink:

What do you want O Leary to do when it wasn’t their truck. You already received the Polish companies details at the accident but you’re insurance companies won’t do anymore. The name on the side of the truck is irrelevant, that’s like trying to get money from Knauf when one of Stobarts has an accident.

O Leary obviously won’t be paying a penny and they have no legal obligation to do so.

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

so, what is the difference between what you have said, and the blind spot on a right hand drive artic?

and also just curious as to why you have singled out the left hand drive version :wink:

you can look out the window on a rh drive truck

Well that surprises me I don’t swear on here so that is why I typed miss now I find out ■■■■ is allowed how strange.

What colour was the unit ? It is definately a Polish truck. If it was red or white then it would have just looked like an O’Leary truck.

The way I see it is you have a couple of ways this could be :

1. Its a Polish subcontractor who hasn’t even told O’leary International of any accident and that is the reason they deny knowledge.

2. Driver could have given you false details. Unbelievably, there are a lot of Polish drivers that don’t have valid driving licenses. A major company in the UK sacked 5 of them (I think they worked through an agency) after they were found to have licenses that all had the same driver number but different names.

What I would do is :

1. Get your van fixed. Is it fully comp ? If it is then fine, if it isn’t then go you will still be paid out by the insurance ombudsman. All insurance companies (for those of us who pay legally) pay into a pot for instances such as this or being hit by an uninsured driver or even a stolen car etc. Your insurance company will know what to do, do not take any of that “well we have nobody to claim off” rubbish, because they do.

2. Contact Polish authories.

This may be of help who to get in touch with

internationaltransportforum. … poland.pdf

I know you said the Highways agency were involved but you need to speak with the Police in this country if you already haven’t.

Finally, go and google the insurance ombudsman for help with getting your van sorted. Whether it is or isn’t your fault is irrelevant now, you won’t have any no claims bonus unless you protected them, you know what insurance is like…they are OK taking your money but getting them to pay out is another thing.

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

so, let me get this right, whilst you are driving in a right hand drive truck, to check the blind spot, you are going to get out of the seat, walk across the cab and look out of the window? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

so, let me get this right, whilst you are driving in a right hand drive truck, to check the blind spot, you are going to get out of the seat, walk across the cab and look out of the window? :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

do what…jon :confused:

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

read your original post, it says about the LHD and blind spot = trouble

so, i asked the difference between that and the blind spot in a RHD truck

you said you would look out of the window

how are you going to look out of the window at the blind spot when it is on the other side of the truck?

FFS, it’s not rocket science now is it? :unamused:

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

The blind spot being referred to is on the opposite side to the driving position. So as Shuttlespanker said above… Is te driver going to dive across to other side of the truck to ‘look out the window’?

dar1976:

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

The blind spot being referred to is on the opposite side to the driving position. So as Shuttlespanker said above… Is te driver going to dive across to other side of the truck to ‘look out the window’?

see, it must have been an easy question to answer, as even dar1976 understood it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

shuttlespanker:

dar1976:

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

see, it must have been an easy question to answer, as even dar1976 understood it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It’s ok. I won’t take offence at th underhanded way you just called me ‘simple’ :smiley:

sorry mate, couldn’t resist :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Im near sure i read recently that O Leary has recently opened a depot in Poland,so that would make sense if it was in their livery and a polish registered truck and polish driver,they have alot of left hand drive new model Merc Actros,but if it was them and your insurance company have his reg etc it really shouldnt be that hard to track down if it was O Leary or not!

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

In normal traffic conditions on UK roads in a RHD truck, a typical overtake involves moving into the “blind spot” only at the end of the manoeuvre, and the driver will have had a clear view (through the windscreen) of the space into which he is planning to move as the overtake progressed.

But carry out the same manoeuvre in a LHD truck and the move into the “blind spot” comes right at the start, and the driver will have had no clear view of the space into which he intends to move - instead he has to rely on “piecing together” the bigger picture from what he sees in repeated scans of multiple mirrors.

this ^

Roymondo:

shuttlespanker:

commonrail:

In normal traffic conditions on UK roads in a RHD truck, a typical overtake involves moving into the “blind spot” only at the end of the manoeuvre, and the driver will have had a clear view (through the windscreen) of the space into which he is planning to move as the overtake progressed.

But carry out the same manoeuvre in a LHD truck and the move into the “blind spot” comes right at the start, and the driver will have had no clear view of the space into which he intends to move - instead he has to rely on “piecing together” the bigger picture from what he sees in repeated scans of multiple mirrors.

not if the RHD truck is driving in europe on the RHS of the road, the scenario is exactly the same