I was nearly killed by olearyinternational driver

Mike-C:

mr G:
yes , the highways agency took all the details of the driver and his supposed insurance policy number(no good without the name of the company)
the plates he used were WP1 YE49, which have been untraceable.

Polish registered
flickr.com/photos/gyles/8356306197/lightbox/

which explains why it didnt turn up in the insurance database.

mr G:
yes , the highways agency took all the details of the driver and his supposed insurance policy number(no good without the name of the company)
As i said earlier it should be a straight forward case as the truck and curtain sides were in olearyinternational livery,but unfortunately they refuse to accept any knowledge of driver or where their lorry was when it hit me.
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0602/1224317133501.html

:open_mouth:

Which seems to suggest that it’s one law for uk operators and another for everyone else in the sense of VOSA and the O licencing authorities probably showing a lot of interest in any uk operator getting into that type of an issue anywhere when the reports get back obviously unlike their foreign counterparts.

That reg number seems more likely to be Polish ( Plock Town possibly :question: ),if anything,but not Irish. :confused:

mr G:
Thanks a lot for all the sensible responses, i am a self employed courier and the board that i use mtvan has the same kind of clever responses from some of the members which serve to frustrate rather than help .
If that 44 tonner had rolled me rather than spun me then i certainly wouldn’t be asking for your kind help

As i said earlier it should be a straight forward case as the truck and curtain sides were in olearyinternational livery,but unfortunately they refuse to accept any knowledge of driver or where their lorry was when it hit me.
my reason for posting this is obviously to see if you guys are able to guide me in the direction of any “trades or regulatory bodies” that can help my cause and of course to shame and highlight that OLEARYINTERNATIONAL are becoming quite known on the roads as in another article i have found about their dodgy dealings recently in North Wales
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0602/1224317133501.html

Polish plates and thats an I not a 1

So it isn’t an oleary driver, its a polish subby pulling an oleary trailer?

It’s looking like O’leary may have sold the unit and trailer either separately or together to a foreign haulier.Once money has changed hands,new plates on.Not their problem.Some pictures on this site of UK lorries still in original livery operating in some very strange places.Get foreign plod involved :wink:

Maybe interpol

limeyphil:

nedflanders:
Thats def not a southern irish number plate
To me that number plate seems a bit suspect but thats not to say they dont have a yard anywhere out side ireland that the number plate is registered to

No reg number has been posted.
not that i can see.

I think you may need to clean your glasses :wink:

All the red mercs they have are on polish plates now :open_mouth:

That O Leary crowd are a shower of tramps. It’s one of there lorries alright, they’ve started registering them in Poland now for some underhanded reason and to get out of paying their drivers the Irish minimum wage. You could go onto irishrigs.com and ask the lads on their they’d know more about them and would know where the polish lorries are registerd to etc. also they eould be happy to help as o leary is detested as much as nolan in ireland and you won’t get too many ■■■■■ like dafman on that site.

As Luke said and im an ex employee…The apple never falls far from the tree…If the Driver was foreign and was responsible…They should not have been released from custody until all details were established…sounds like a total loss to the OP…:frowning:

You would need to get proper legal advice but I would think a civil claim against O’Learys might be a possibility. They would have an obligation to then satisfy a judge/court it wasn’t their vehicle but realistically it’s the sort of thing your insurers should be doing but they’re not always super proactive and are just happy to make it your liability because it’s less hassle.

Where I used to work we had two incidents where liveried trucks were caught on CCTV in the yard causing damage but didn’t get a reg off them. In both cases the companies involved fobbed off or stonewalled our enquiries but they both ending up paying after it went to court, I believe. They were both UK companies so suspect it may not be as easy with something that’s Irish and got a seemingly bad rep as well.

Dafman:
What them two said and what do you want us to do about it

< removed>

Right well how Childish SO what are you going to do about it and errr hello ADMINS is this not a bit much i have been married 25 years and have not scucked ■■■■ yet but hey, do’nt knock until you have tried is what i say homo
So come on big brave man how are you going to help the OP because the other three have yet to answer and you will get a pm tomorrow

blind spot + left hand drive artic = trouble :bulb:

Agreed but these things happen it is only the same as us going over there.

YOO HOOO Ice man honey i see you are online i am waiting

Ice Man:

Dafman:
What them two said and what do you want us to do about it

Ohh Ice man i am waiting

Somebody has been drinking…

I have I admit it Tetleys Tea it really misses me off when people have a pop but don’t come back to to reply.

Surely, anyone having an accident fills in the relevant forms and after that it is down to the insurance company to chase the other driver down. That’s why we pay these extreme rates. You have provided the details and now let them sort it out. Not your problem. Get your van fixed and let them chase their money.