How much nite out money

just a question I get £25 nite out money its not gone up for about 7/8 years read in commercial motor money has gone up £26 and a few pence tax free why don’t all companys pay max amount to drivers sort of like minimum wage I know companys out there all have different rates etc tin hat and hi viz at the ready :wink:

£20 for me

£23.06 night out, £2 a day meal we get.
Edit, Parking and tolls paid for including the M6 toll :smiley:

£10 but i get to sleep in a premier inn and have a company credit card for food/entertainment.

my last place paid £20 and i thought it was no where near enough.

£25

we dont seem to get any

The amount currently allowable for a night-out is £26.18 tax-free, and there is also a £2 per day tax-free meal allowance which can be claimed for each day worked, I claim the full amount as is it’s always better to deal in tax-free income rather than taxable income, regardless of what it is called or what it ends up being spent on.

I can’t see why all firms don’t understand and legally make the most of taxation law myself, it is to the benefit of both themselves and their drivers. After all, when you buy a Mars Bar, you don’t offer to pay the shopkeeper 40% VAT on it rather than 20%. :wink:

We get £20 for night out, we also get the first £20 towards parking, even if it includes the meal voucher.

Edit - you take the rough with the smooth though! I parked at Birchanger on Thursday night, it costs £22.50 to park (without the voucher) the extra £2.50 is on me, with a meal voucher it’s £24.50, which is why I think they let you keep the voucher for free, if it comes in under £20.

£30 + Parking

Dafman:
£30 + Parking

Is that Euro work money?

£25 plus parking back, should get £27 back from stopping at Strensham last night when I go in tomorrow .

£28 + parking paid.

NewLad:
We get £20 for night out, we also get the first £20 towards parking, even if it includes the meal voucher.

Edit - you take the rough with the smooth though! I parked at Birchanger on Thursday night, it costs £22.50 to park (without the voucher) the extra £2.50 is on me, with a meal voucher it’s £24.50, which is why I think they let you keep the voucher for free, if it comes in under £20.

how is the voucher free if your firm pay you less than what it costs to park wagon, its 22.50 to park why don’t firm pay that :question:

We get £25 & I usually park in an TA Depot, (if I’ve got a high value load on)

green456:

NewLad:

how is the voucher free if your firm pay you less than what it costs to park wagon, its 22.50 to park why don’t firm pay that :question:

Maybe I wasn’t very clear, parking is paid upto £20 (unless it’s on SNAP then it’s any amount), if it costs more then you have to pay the extra. If the parking is £18.50 like at Blyth including a £9 meal voucher, you get the full £18.50 and keep the voucher.

Premier inn room with breakfast, plus £20 to put on the card for food and beers in the evening

Harry Monk:
The amount currently allowable for a night-out is £26.18 tax-free, and there is also a £2 per day tax-free meal allowance which can be claimed for each day worked, I claim the full amount as is it’s always better to deal in tax-free income rather than taxable income, regardless of what it is called or what it ends up being spent on.

I can’t see why all firms don’t understand and legally make the most of taxation law myself, it is to the benefit of both themselves and their drivers. After all, when you buy a Mars Bar, you don’t offer to pay the shopkeeper 40% VAT on it rather than 20%. :wink:

Harry… do you have to provide any proof of purchase for the meal allowance?

Sidevalve:
Harry… do you have to provide any proof of purchase for the meal allowance?

No, there is no proof of purchases required for either meal allowance or night-out money provided they don’t exceed the amounts set by HMRC.

I’m still looking for that elusive place where you can get a mid-day meal for £2, but that’s another story. :wink:

I get £21/ day meal allowance, apparently because we don’t have sleeper cabs. Or is the requirement to have a sleeper to get night out money another mmtm?

£25 plus parking if needed. We also get all tolls paid back in cash as long as we have a receipt.