How far is your yard from home?

Was 90 miles each way, up Mon back Fri (tramping all week). Re located last Mon back to local depot, 6 miles away :smiley:

maga:
About 30 miles to Telford. Only been to the yard once for an interview and pick up the van. During the week I’m in a hotel or park the van outside my house :smiley:

I’ve never even had an interview with this company, I just filled in the app, mailed it in, got call offering me the job.

superscaniaV8:
Hi guys as the subject line suggests how for do you travel to get to your yard? I’ve been chatting with a few drivers and it seems distance is no object for the right job. Any thoughts?

Mines less than two miles away, a nice comfortable fifteen minute bike ride

50 miles each way for me, as I have a 5.7l V8 in my car it isn’t a journey I do on a daily basis thank ■■■■ :laughing:

sames as you mate my V8 discovery drinks it for fun

9.5 miles each way for me.

0.3 miles, takes about 5mins to walk in! Bought the house after I got the job lol

60 meters as the crow flies.
650 meters from my door to the clocking in machine. (7 minute walk)
The yard entrance is the opposite side of the site from where I live so I have to walk around it.

9 miles

14.5 miles as the crow flies - or about 17 miles by road. But as I usually travel by motorcycle, the journey home at the end of the day tends to be somewhat longer to enable me to chill out a bit :slight_smile:

45 miles each way through delightful devon country lanes

0.9miles following the road 0.5 as the crow flies

3 miles - best thing about the job.
my previous job was 24 miles but i used to bring the lorry home 3 or 4 nights a week,so that was ok aswell !!
previous to that i used to commute 50 miles each way but got a company van in that job.still a drag after a while though…

less than a mile, but too lazy to walk :unamused:

Arabella:

YES - id like to see you carry a weeks tramping kit on your back first think monday at 3am (an not look like youve mugged the local tramp) and carry it all back on friday when all you want is a pint

80miles each way, but as with many I tramp so only commute at either end of the week. And like so many have intimated £30 on petrol a week to earn extra £100 over what local firms are offering is a bit off a no brainer :wink:

dafpower:

Arabella:

YES - id like to see you carry a weeks tramping kit on your back first think monday at 3am (an not look like youve mugged the local tramp) and carry it all back on friday when all you want is a pint

I only do a couple of nights out each month, so I don’t generally have a lot of gear to tote.

Used to be 2 miles :laughing: Monday two miles fri! :grimacing: now it’s 180 steps to kelloggs across the road! :smiley:

fair enough i have a weeks gear to carry sometimes more if im going further a field

Clunk:
60 meters as the crow flies.
650 meters from my door to the clocking in machine. (7 minute walk)
The yard entrance is the opposite side of the site from where I live so I have to walk around it.

About the same here except I drive (too much gear to carry every night)