"Hot to Trot",Tony Bradfield

Will:
Tony ran this old Volvo for many years,known as Hot to Trot 11,after the original Hot to Trot caught fire in France.0

Obviously not authentic Arabic signwriting■■? :laughing: :laughing:

Wheel Nut:

Will:
Tony ran this old Volvo for many years,known as Hot to Trot 11,after the original Hot to Trot caught fire in France.0

Obviously not authentic Arabic signwriting■■? :laughing: :laughing:

No,i doctored it on the computer,i will have to find a picture of when Tony owned it & " Hot to Trot " was in the headboard.It had to be removed,as one of the big clothes suppliers told him " no gimmicks,drop the trailer or remove the name " :cry:

Would like to wish Uncle Tony a happy Birthday for today 2/09/2011.He is 79 today & still going strong,all the best from your family & friends mate & heres to many more. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

TIMS 006.jpg

Will:
Would like to wish Uncle Tony a happy Birthday for today 2/09/2011.He is 79 today & still going strong,all the best from your family & friends mate & heres to many more. :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses:

good on yer Tony, keep her trotting :stuck_out_tongue:

All the best Tony, wish i had the balls to take you up on the offer of a run to Morocco about 15 years ago.
Regards Andy.

Belated happy birthday to TB,more happy years of trotting,can you tell him that a driver that was on Portugal for Ross Garret from Frome,has told me that Grant has died last year some time,he liked his bacardi and cokes,smoked roll ups like a chimney,and once had a key to get free phone calls around the world using public phones in Spain.

toby1234abc:
Belated happy birthday to TB,more happy years of trotting,can you tell him that a driver that was on Portugal for Ross Garret from Frome,has told me that Grant has died last year some time,he liked his bacardi and cokes,smoked roll ups like a chimney,and once had a key to get free phone calls around the world using public phones in Spain.

He said " thanks " T C & yes he new about Grant,the " Wing Commander " had told him ( Nick Benson )

Hope all is good with you mate.

That name sounds familiar Will,is that Nick Benson from Euro PSL,used to have an office in Pompey port,hq at Maldon in Essex,Andy Garcia is a director there,been with them for years,he got rid of me for the cheaper Portuguese traction of owner drivers with the hanging garment trailers for Garland Laidley in Maia near Porto and Aboboda,West of Lisboa.
Euro PSL had a prestigous carpet contract out of Vouzela,and hour from Porto,trailers loaded for you,just drop the one you brought down,hook up to a loaded one and up the road again,the rate was poor at £1500,door to door with a tip at Kidderminster for Brintons carpets.
Does TB know the “Animal” Stuart Smith,he was on with British International,but later was killed on the way to Morocco,hit a broken down bus,the police did not there was another body in the back of the bus,as he was standing behind it when it got hit on a blind corner,think the bus driver was killed too.The mechanic was attending the breakdown,hence standing at the back of the bus.

toby1234abc:
That name sounds familiar Will,is that Nick Benson from Euro PSL,used to have an office in Pompey port,hq at Maldon in Essex,Andy Garcia is a director there,been with them for years,he got rid of me for the cheaper Portuguese traction of owner drivers with the hanging garment trailers for Garland Laidley in Maia near Porto and Aboboda,West of Lisboa.
Euro PSL had a prestigous carpet contract out of Vouzela,and hour from Porto,trailers loaded for you,just drop the one you brought down,hook up to a loaded one and up the road again,the rate was poor at £1500,door to door with a tip at Kidderminster for Brintons carpets.
Does TB know the “Animal” Stuart Smith,he was on with British International,but later was killed on the way to Morocco,hit a broken down bus,the police did not there was another body in the back of the bus,as he was standing behind it when it got hit on a blind corner,think the bus driver was killed too.The mechanic was attending the breakdown,hence standing at the back of the bus.

Yes T C that is the Wing Commander,Nick…I was in Morocco myself @ the time Stuart was killed in Spain.Tony is, as i type this getting on the boat @ Portsmouth to Bilbao then onto Morocco. :wink:

Interesting thread, I see Tony now and again at Dartford, will say hello next time. One of his dt subbie pals helped me out with a wee trick when I had a blown airbag. Jbt I think it was 01 plate daf xf with a picture of a globe on his unit. Enroute to moroco he was. Anyway thanks buddy. Saved me a bit of time, my gaffer a call out fee.

Saw Tony in Dartford yesterday. I hope i look as fit as him when i reach his age. The truck looks good too.