"Hot to Trot",Tony Bradfield

welshboyinspain:
question for Will,
i quite often see tony’s daf parked in calahonda, is that just a regular ■■■■■■■■■■■■ or does he live there?

No sir, he lives in Swindon,but you never know where you might see the lorry parked :laughing:

If you ever see him have a chat with him,he is easy going & always got time for a chat,tell him you saw the pictures on here.

He is on his way down as i type this,caught yesterday mornings Poole Santander boat,so should be docking about now. :smiley:

Will:

welshboyinspain:
question for Will,
i quite often see tony’s daf parked in calahonda, is that just a regular ■■■■■■■■■■■■ or does he live there?

No sir, he lives in Swindon,but you never know where you might see the lorry parked :laughing:

If you ever see him have a chat with him,he is easy going & always got time for a chat,tell him you saw the pictures on here.

He is on his way down as i type this,caught yesterday mornings Poole Santander boat,so should be docking about now. :smiley:

I met him a couple of years ago on the santander boat, we were on with that bloke from newport and a woman from the forest of dean with a purple scania who’s name i can’t remember :blush:

welshboyinspain:

Will:

welshboyinspain:
question for Will,

I met him a couple of years ago on the santander boat, we were on with that bloke from newport and a woman from the forest of dean with a purple scania who’s name i can’t remember :blush:

I think you mean Sherrilynn mate.

thats it mark, she had her scania painted in that funny blue/purple off of red bull.
we were all in santander saturday for the sunday boat. we went out on the lash (as you do) me, sherrilynn, tony, guy from monex, newport bloke and some really irritating RRRshole with an FH16 in blue doing tiles. he knew everything about everything and every other word out of mouth was F :imp:
we got asked to leave the dolphin bar because of his language and all he could do was slag off the spanish, we eventually lost him in a chinese restaurant near the station :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

raymundo:

toby1234abc:
The new king there is quite modern,he has a house on the beach at Agadir,guards stand all day and night at the end of the beach.

Yawn Yawn boring, what FFS has this got to do with a trucking forum ■■? :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

I for one will be quoting this back to him in the future! He’s opened a can of worms!

welshboyinspain:
thats it mark, she had her scania painted in that funny blue/purple off of red bull.
we were all in santander saturday for the sunday boat. we went out on the lash (as you do) me, sherrilynn, tony, guy from monex, newport bloke and some really irritating RRRshole with an FH16 in blue doing tiles. he knew everything about everything and every other word out of mouth was F :imp:
we got asked to leave the dolphin bar because of his language and all he could do was slag off the spanish, we eventually lost him in a chinese restaurant near the station :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Where abouts did you park up, by the Cepsa at Puerto Raos? Thats something that ■■■■■■ me off too, Brit drivers who think they can behave like animals here in Spain and have absolutely no respect whatsoever for the locals - and continually slag the Spanish off.

Hombre:

welshboyinspain:

Where abouts did you park up, by the Cepsa at Puerto Raos? Thats something that ■■■■■■ me off too, Brit drivers who think they can behave like animals here in Spain and have absolutely no respect whatsoever for the locals - and continually slag the Spanish off.

No this was when the trucks could enter near the town centre and park by the paper warehouses there is a bar opposite called the green dolphin there were loads of trucks parked outside one saturday this idiot included, i turned up and he shouts “no ■■■■■■ parking here the ■■■■■■ spanish won’t let us in”.
i pulled up to gatehouse and asked if i could drop trailer in and come out solo and not a problem, he asked “how did you manage that?” i answered “i’m not a rude obnoxious tw… like you” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh I see, from your post it read like last week. That gate in town has been closed to trucks for a good 2 years now I guess.

switchlogic:

raymundo:

toby1234abc:
The new king there is quite modern,he has a house on the beach at Agadir,guards stand all day and night at the end of the beach.

Yawn Yawn boring, what FFS has this got to do with a trucking forum ■■? :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

I for one will be quoting this back to him in the future! He’s opened a can of worms!

And as in the above completely in keeping with the topic:-

Did you know/or even want to know that the King of Morocco had a huge new mosque built on the sea front in Casablanca with public money and then raised the taxes to pay for it? It wont allow me to upload picture…file invalid.
Tony is doing what I would like to do, satisfy my wander ■■■■

Hombre:
Oh I see, from your post it read like last week. That gate in town has been closed to trucks for a good 2 years now I guess.

it must at least 2 years ago, baldy john was working with us then on the fish job but he’d gone to bilbao to get the saturday boat. I’ve not been to santander since they changed dock gates so i wouldn’t have a clue where it is. does the ferry still berth next to the square in the town centre?

Had a look at all the info I could find and it still seems to be in town centre.

Interesting thread this and some good pics there Will. Could i ask a question? I remember Bredas, John Mann,DT`s etc doing Morocco and North Africa and it seemed that all their stuff was raw materials out for the rag trade and the finished product back. Did anyone ever to general haulage, groupage etc out to North Africa as a regular run■■?

I was weekend once with an Eric Vick driver who told me they used to do diesel engines to morocco as a regular run but was there ever any general stuff or is it all still rag trade related.

Cheers all, and more North Africa pics please! :wink:

there’s a couple of companies that do groupage out there, the biggest being SJL from the basque country. they have those big container type box vans, also a french company called GLT do it.
we load a lot of groupage for morocco, ceuta and melilla but it goes to a company called antonio paublete in algeciras who send their trailers over (again those big container looking box vans)

top pics and glad Tony is still going strong.

“I was weekend once with an Eric Vick driver who told me they used to do diesel engines to morocco as a regular run but was there ever any general stuff or is it all still rag trade related.”

That would have been out of Lister Petter in Dursley. Don’t know if they still do that work. The Lister Petter factory is nothing now compared to what it used to be.

bullitt:
Interesting thread this and some good pics there Will. Could i ask a question? I remember Bredas, John Mann,DT`s etc doing Morocco and North Africa and it seemed that all their stuff was raw materials out for the rag trade and the finished product back. Did anyone ever to general haulage, groupage etc out to North Africa as a regular run■■?

I was weekend once with an Eric Vick driver who told me they used to do diesel engines to morocco as a regular run but was there ever any general stuff or is it all still rag trade related.

Cheers all, and more North Africa pics please! :wink:

I took a huge satellite dish out there along with some heavy duty computer equipment, it wasn’t regular but it did become quite well known. There was much talk of it being linked to the Iraqi Supergun at the time. It was supposed to be for King Hassan II to watch football :confused:

Some of you may have seen it, it was sat in Tangiers customs for several months :unamused:

wheel nut, did they let you go and did they just keep the dish or truck too? Off topic but still N/africa

brenics77:
wheel nut, did they let you go and did they just keep the dish or truck too? Off topic but still N/africa

They took the dish off the truck in the customs compound and I came back on the ferry empty. It wasn’t a problem because i was paid well for the trip, They even paid me 26 days demurrage, although most of that was spent on Flag beer, gentlemens entertainment & clubs :stuck_out_tongue:

It was several months later that it was decided it wasn’t quite as described on the documents.

It was this trip that I was befriended on the ferry by a Moroccan couple, and asked to carry some bags. I reported them to the captain of the ferry and they were met in Algeciras by a riot van and half a dozen well armed officers who kicked the crap out of them. I was thanked for my help!

Toby1234abc hope you dont mind us side stepping to north africa trucking a little.

Was talking to a John Mann driver in Mansfield who had just got back from Morrocco.
He had bumped into another J Mann driver in the dock on the way home and both got lifted for drugs! The guy was telling me a tale about how this other driver was actualy smuggling and owned up while he had nothing on him and was let go (he also said he new nothing about it). I took his tale with a pinch of salt then low and behold the story turns up 2 weeks later in commercial motor!

The driver with the drugs had even had a bit of box section cut open then welded shut.

Any ex Mann drivers remember this? Cheers john

Tony ran this old Volvo for many years,known as Hot to Trot 11,after the original Hot to Trot caught fire in France.