Hello

I discovered this forum by reading Neil Hobbs “Coffee to go” book!!!
At the moment I dont drive a truck…(the biggest Ive driven is a Transit :blush: ) and I only work for the railway :cry:
I am saving up to put myself through the test though…theres a place near Guildford that does Cat C tests for about £700 for a 5 day course.

Welcome DAF95XF - here you will find everything you could want to know and more. You may also find more than you ever wanted to know!
Welcome to the maddhouse - the best place on the net for truckers to meet.

I’ll let the experts pass on real advice - I’m just a new-boy - nearly got the magic 2 years of C+E!!

Welcome DAF95XF! :smiley:

Stick around and get involved. This is an excellent place for newbies/wannabies. I got all the advice I needed and more to help me get my LGV licence.

hello DAF95XF and welcome :smiley:
the price sounds about right but is their training
any good :wink:
post up the name of the company theres bound
to be a member here that knows them and will
give you their opinion before you shell out your hard
earned dosh
BEST OF LUCK with the training m8

The place is in Great Bookham actually and the training centre is called EP Training Services…
The other place I might try is called Big Wheelers in Reading…!

Welcome to TruckNET :slight_smile: I bet Neil will be pleased his book is getting us new members!

Good luck with your training. 700quid sounds about right although I would assume at that price it’ll be shared instruction (i.e. you and another learner in the cab taking it in turns to drive). Personally I think this is a good thing as you learn while you’re driving and you also learn from watching what the other driver does. Also it means you’re not diving straight into a full day of driving which can be a bit much for a new driver.

Paul

repton:
Welcome to TruckNET :slight_smile: I bet Neil will be pleased his book is getting us new members!

Good luck with your training. 700quid sounds about right although I would assume at that price it’ll be shared instruction (i.e. you and another learner in the cab taking it in turns to drive). Personally I think this is a good thing as you learn while you’re driving and you also learn from watching what the other driver does. Also it means you’re not diving straight into a full day of driving which can be a bit much for a new driver.

Paul

You couldnt not notice TrucknetUK in his book…he mentions it several times plus the logo and www address is on the backcover :laughing: :laughing:
Just had a look at EP Trainings website www.eptraining.co.uk and the price is closer to £800 than £700… :blush: Id rather pay for it myself than take a loan (though it is tempting sometimes :wink: ) though if I fail (got to get the medical and provisional and the theory sorted first) I might have to take a loan out for a second go :laughing:

EP Training is eddie Pargeter who is a regular contributor to the trade journals like Comical motor and Trucking so the training should be ok, if not you can slag him off with a letter to the editor :stuck_out_tongue:

Welcome to TruckNet UK DAF95XF :smiley:.
All the best with your training and tests ect

convoy:
Welcome to TruckNet UK DAF95XF :smiley:.
All the best with your training and tests ect

Thanks!!!
To be honest, I cant wait to get the licence so I can leave my present job…its boring as hell when things are running smoothly… :frowning:
I have spent a few years prior with trucks anyway…left school on the Friday, starte work with a local transport firm on the Monday (interviews etc were in between exams :laughing: :laughing: ), then I did removals with White and Company and Pickfords, have spent a week away in a Scania P cab doing removals!!!
I guess drivings in my blood, so how did I end up with the railways… :unamused:

repton:
… (i.e. you and another learner in the cab taking it in turns to drive). Personally I think this is a good thing as you learn while you’re driving and you also learn from watching what the other driver does.

Agree, and even if you don’t learn anything from the other driver it’s enough driving to get you to test standard anyway.

mrpj:

repton:
… (i.e. you and another learner in the cab taking it in turns to drive). Personally I think this is a good thing as you learn while you’re driving and you also learn from watching what the other driver does.

Agree, and even if you don’t learn anything from the other driver it’s enough driving to get you to test standard anyway.

Whats involved in the HGV driving test?
Is it similar to the car one?

DAF95XF:

Basically, it’s driving on the road and a braking and reversing exercise, the exercises being carried out at the test centre.

From the DSA site:

dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=132

mrpj:

DAF95XF:

Basically, it’s driving on the road and a braking and reversing exercise, the exercises being carried out at the test centre.

From the DSA site:

dsa.gov.uk/Category.asp?cat=132

Thanks for that…sounds a “bit” similar to the car driving test, but without the reversing through an S bend bit…that sounds scary… :confused:

DAF95XF:
but without the reversing through an S bend bit…that sounds scary… :confused:

No real problem in a rigid, obviously more difficult in an artic.

mrpj:

DAF95XF:
but without the reversing through an S bend bit…that sounds scary… :confused:

No real problem in a rigid, obviously more difficult in an artic.

I guess Im going to have to work a bit of overtime, and then get off my backside and sort out the provisional licence bit…!!!

Welcome to Trucknet DAF95XF, it does’nt matter if you do not drive a truck your view are still valid. Have fun.

PS: What do you do on the Railway?

CM:
Welcome to Trucknet DAF95XF, it does’nt matter if you do not drive a truck your view are still valid. Have fun.

PS: What do you do on the Railway?

Ive ridden in plenty of trucks though… :wink:
Im a station announcer… :wink:

DAF95XF:
[quote=

Don’t be shy, where?

CM:

DAF95XF:
[quote=

Don’t be shy, where?