Hello

Welcome DAF95XF you will get good advice from this site. I wish that I had access to a site such as this when I took my class1 licence as it would have been invaluable to me as a novice driver. Mind you I am still a novice after 15 yrs and according to colleagues I am getting worse but they are only jealous because I am perfect as I tell the kids

Welcome to Tnet DAFXF95 I am not suprised that you have found inspiration after reading the wonderful chronicles of Mr. Hobbs. There are some great members on this site and I’m sure you will get answers to all your questions. :wink: :laughing: Enjoy!!!

Ive read the book for my second time, each time I read it makes me more determined to get my HGV licence!!!

DAF95XF:
You couldnt not notice TrucknetUK in his book…he mentions it several times plus the logo and www address is on the backcover :laughing: :laughing:

So my cunning plan is working then?

Excellent! (delivered in the style of Montgomery Burns from the Simpsons)

Glad you found us and welcome to TruckNet. Now your first task, should you choose to accept, is to spread the TruckNet UK name far and wide.

Oh and while you are at it you might mention the book to a few people as well. :wink: Hey I am a starving author, I need all the help I can get. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Coffeeholic:

DAF95XF:
You couldnt not notice TrucknetUK in his book…he mentions it several times plus the logo and www address is on the backcover :laughing: :laughing:

So my cunning plan is working then?

Excellent! (delivered in the style of Montgomery Burns from the Simpsons)

Glad you found us and welcome to TruckNet. Now your first task, should you choose to accept, is to spread the TruckNet UK name far and wide.

Oh and while you are at it you might mention the book to a few people as well. :wink: Hey I am a starving author, I need all the help I can get. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I have been reading it at work, and for some strange reason people instantly know its about trucks for some reason… :laughing: :laughing:
I also get introduced to new starters as being “into trucks” :laughing: :laughing: Is that a good thing? Who cares :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAF95XF:
[
Whats involved in the HGV driving test?
Is it similar to the car one?

In a nutshell the HGV driving test involves looking in your mirrors more than you look at the road ahead, doing everything ‘by-the book’ (not Coffee to Go…the other one :wink: ) and hoping that some other idiot does’nt do something that can fail your test for you…it bears a passing resemblance to reality but it gets you the licence you need to work/go for class 1(well this morning mine was anyway…that’ll be class 2 thank you very much :smiley: )

Jules