Halfords 'We Fit' lorry gets stuck under bridge

1 of our drivers went to collect a Double decker normally drove 15ft trailers came up the road most direct back to yard there are 3 bridges 1 14ft 9 the other 2 16ft he drove up without thinking hit 1st bridge so now trailer is a flat bed he did keep his job

When I was up in Glasgow en route to delivery followed sign to say where to go turned corner right in front of me was a 13 ft 9 bridge stopped phoned police :blush: :blush: who did come down looked agreed it would not fit told them where I was going np said them follow us they then wanted to take me down next road but guess what no chance as the bridge was same so all the way round

2 very nice helpful police officers wernt bothered as I didnt hit bridge not like some poor other lorry driver dame day

hitch:
nothing to say it wasn’t a Halfords truck
Exel run he contract they rent from anyone

Inside Knowledge Fella.

Halfords have their own in house drivers now, this was an Agency Driver for a Sub-Contractor out of Barking (his first (and probably last) day, as it happens). :blush:

mazzer:

Pwyll:
Apparently, the driver was European. He struggled doing the imperial to metric conversion in his head and that is the result.

And before anybody chips, that’s from the horses mouth not MMTM.

In this day and age you have to wonder why we still use the two types of measurement, surely should all just be set out in metric now.

we should be all in metric…but sadly,this is Britain…it is in Europe,but speed limits im mph,currency in sterling,and heights in feet and inches…Britain should make its mind up and decide if its in Europe,then be European,or stay out,and be independently british…but as usual,being british means its a total beurocratic ballsup…

Left hand down!:

rizlaracing:
A foreign guy on my CPC thought the height marker in the cab was a calander!!!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Just about wet myself reading the above comment! :laughing: good job I wasn’t then taking a sip of my brew!