Halfords 'We Fit' lorry gets stuck under bridge

A Halfords lorry bearing the “We Fit” logo has got stuck under a railway bridge in Beckenham.

The London Fire Brigade (LFB) was called to the scene at about 13:15 BST after the lorry trapped several parked cars on South Eden Park Road.

The LFB tweeted: “Going the ‘extra mile’ might have been the better option rather than trying to squeeze under a bridge in Beckenham.”

Train services across the bridge were stopped as a result of the incident.

A spokesperson for Halfords said: “We would like to apologise for any delays and inconvenience caused to road and train travellers and will be working with the authorities to carry out a full investigation.”

London Bridge trains on their way to Hayes were terminating at Elmers End before the lorry was cleared at about 18:30.

The lorry trapped several parked cars when it got stuck under the bridge

PMSL, The irony :laughing:

surely he must have seen the LOW BRIDGE sign

Fits very snug,should have got a truck sat nav out of the back.

Surprised that someone with a marker pen did not put the word NOT after the WE FIT bit

“We go the extra mile” - bet he wishes he had done…

So…when this happens to you, is that the end of your career? Like an RN Captain who beaches his vessel?

No wonder the trailer wouldn’t go under the bridge, according to the Mail-Online it’s a 17’ high trailer :unamused: :smiley:

Whale I guess it didn’t fit after all, beach bummer

When ive got a decker on its allways on my mind how high the trailer is ,taking care on corners etc,all i think is decker on,decker on ,decker on,this geezer in the halfords lorry must have been away with the fairys,when you have a decker on as soon as a bridge you get sweaty palms a clinching bum cheaks,there is no reason at all for ■■■■■■■■ that bridge ,word will get round about the driver and i will be surprised if he drives a truck again :cry:

Shandy123:
So…when this happens to you, is that the end of your career? Like an RN Captain who beaches his vessel?

It should be.

…and it’s not “when”, it’s “if”. :wink:

tachograph:
No wonder the trailer wouldn’t go under the bridge, according to the Mail-Online it’s a 17’ high trailer :unamused: :smiley:

Well, it is / was nearer 17 foot than the 15 foot 3 inches limit :smiley:

Mail Online Comment:
mr_northampton, Northampton, 12 hours ago
Given the lack of debris of the road, and the type of damage done to the trailer (from other, clearer photos I have seen else where), i would suggest that usually this truck would have been able to pass OK under this bridge. Given how far the truck has travelled, I would suggest that there is some other factor that had resulted in the truck being wedged an an angle under the whole bridge. Maybe this truck was pretty empty and thus light and another vehicle drove past causing a gust of wind that tipped the lorry■■?

WTF?

trubster:

tachograph:

Well, it is / was nearer 17 foot than the 15 foot 3 inches limit :smiley:

Mail Online Comment:
mr_northampton, Northampton, 12 hours ago
Given the lack of debris of the road, and the type of damage done to the trailer (from other, clearer photos I have seen else where), i would suggest that usually this truck would have been able to pass OK under this bridge. Given how far the truck has travelled, I would suggest that there is some other factor that had resulted in the truck being wedged an an angle under the whole bridge. Maybe this truck was pretty empty and thus light and another vehicle drove past causing a gust of wind that tipped the lorry■■?

WTF?

haha,the old ’ gust of wind’ excuse when the TM asked where the missing tacho charts were…a gust of wind blew them away when i got out of the cab lol

…maybe the road had been re-surfaced overnight? :smiley:
…Maybe the vehicle was geared, and the inexperienced driver was kangerooing it, thus bouncing up and down just enough…?

Biggest fail though - is that he’s only 100 yards off the “wrong turn” at the roundabout!

…dig the way that coming the other way, having already got under this bridge, there’s an advance warning on THIS road of another bridge of the same height off the aforementioned roundabout. :open_mouth: If you take that 1o’clock exit across it, is the “destination” the expletive you utter at that moment too? :stuck_out_tongue:

Apparently, the driver was European. He struggled doing the imperial to metric conversion in his head and that is the result.

And before anybody chips, that’s from the horses mouth not MMTM.

The other day my trailer had 2.640m on it . which converts to 8 feet .

■■■■■■00:
The other day my trailer had 2.640m on it . which converts to 8 feet .

Did you do anything about it/report it to get it changed or did you just leave it for someone else to do :question:

Or was the trailer really just 8 feet :smiley:

A foreign guy on my CPC thought the height marker in the cab was a calander!!!

Reported

rizlaracing:
A foreign guy on my CPC thought the height marker in the cab was a calander!!!

PROPER :laughing: AT THAT