Good ol police

Yes service station was behind him, but it might have been full and the coach bay must of been full too what do you want him to do drive tired?

Poll does drive deserve the ticket?

As a pro driver he should know better.

Let’s just use the hard shoulder on motorways that have them to take breaks the same as a lot of other trucks do. Why not?

As a driver you should know the rules and plan to those rules simple as, so no, no sympathy from me I’m afraid.

simcor:

Let’s just use the hard shoulder on motorways that have them to take breaks the same as a lot of other trucks do. Why not?

As a driver you should know the rules and plan to those rules simple as, so no, no sympathy from me I’m afraid.

Whereas I do agree, the cynic in me says they wouldn’t have been keen to show such enthusiasm to attend if the driver had reported slashed curtains. No money in that.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Truckulent:

simcor:

Whereas I do agree, the cynic in me says they wouldn’t have been keen to show such enthusiasm to attend if the driver had reported slashed curtains. No money in that.

Possibly not but don’t do stupid stuff and don’t draw attention to yourself and risk your licence for stupid reasons really, simple as that.

Had that been a proper hard shoulder where you could get the whole truck off the it may be different , but that’s a hatched area and he’s encroaching on to the running bit of the slip road

Truckulent:

simcor:

It’s not down to “money in anything” it’s about penalising. The money from penalties go to the treasury not to fund the policeman’s ball

Tipper driver…to the stake I say

Give him a ticket any time, it will be deserved

blue estate:
Had that been a proper hard shoulder where you could get the whole truck off the it may be different , but that’s a hatched area and he’s encroaching on to the running bit of the slip road

Yep, I agree with that, we don’t know the circumstances of why he parked there, but tbf he was asking for it by advertising the fact he was parked in the dodgiest area of the slip road.

The most stupidest example of this otherwise pedantic rule,.is Forton s/b,.
The truck park is often chokker, but because the area from the exit to the start of the carriageway is constituted and considered technically part of the hard shoulder, they have coned it off to stop over spill parking.
If a truck parked there overnight if services were full (room for about 6 artics) no real problems would be caused,…but ‘rules is rules’ with no discretion. :unamused:

chester1:

Truckulent:

simcor:

It’s not down to “money in anything” it’s about penalising. The money from penalties go to the treasury not to fund the policeman’s ball

And you really believe that? :unamused:
It doesn’t matter a ■■■■ where the money goes, I ain’t referring to this particular example, but 9 times out of 10 it is non discretionary, ■■■■ poor policing, prioritising on money generating .

chester1:

Truckulent:

simcor:

[emoji23]

Obviously. But the policeman is paid by the people that control the treasury…

As I said, his duty is to investigate if a driver reports a theft, but I’d bet any money that they wouldn’t be half so keen as they are at issuing fines.

robroy:

chester1:

Truckulent:

simcor:

And you really believe that? :unamused:
It doesn’t matter a [zb] where the money goes, I ain’t referring to this particular example, but 9 times out of 10 it is non discretionary, ■■■■ poor policing, prioritising on money generating .

This ^^^^^

blue estate:

I think the opposite, if it had been a proper hardshoulder (that’s if hard shoulder even exist now) then fine him his taking the ■■■■… but his on hatched marking he clearly parked there cause service was full you guys would moan if he parked at the fuel pump… or if he parked in a car park they would be moaners

Police should of just drove past in fact the police should get a ticket lol look at the pic lorry is tucked away police are on the carriageway… they should of parked behind him well to the left… if there so road safety concerned

plod is asking for trouble putting up these minor offence posts ,they wont put up anything heavy iv noticed. Only today i read locally where they are using a civvy dressed pushbiker to issue tickets for not giving the cyclist enough clearance , also gave a taxi driver a ticket caught smoking on the move . Daft. that driver could have said his truck had cut out .made a strange noise/weird occurance if hed been on the ball

Fwiw I’ve never believed that police have quotas to hand out tickets, but I’ve had it confirmed by more than one serving officer (not traffic) that they are thought of more highly by their superiors when they DO hand out tickets by the fistful.

And it’s definitely not true about the money going to the policeman’s ball. As we all know, policemen don’t have balls…

blue estate:

The choice between parking it there or just making a manual entry driving/duty time exceeded to find safe parking is a no brainer.It’s obviously not going to be an every day occurrence …or is it ?.

He doesn’t look parked, he looks like it’s abandoned, of course he should get nicked, maybe get him to walk in a straight line too [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Needs to plan his hours instead of waiting till the 15min warning comes up.

Probably find there was a space but that meant going backwards,…

Yes.
Plead not guilty
Have his Union supply legal defence.

biggriffin:
Needs to plan his hours instead of waiting till the 15min warning comes up.

+1…

Had a pair of idiots got fined 400e each for swapping drivers on a slip road in France. They had not long passed the cafe where me and another team were drinking coffee.

biggriffin:
Probably find there was a space but that meant going backwards,…

Harsh but true also rather funny. :smiley:

Once a get to 3.50 hours i am stopping .I always give myself leeway.