Fuel card Network

Hi All,

Just wanted to throw this out there…

which fuel card network do people use and why?

And your reason for asking is…?

I use the one that’s in the truck. Unless there’s a pump in the yard.
Reason = agency.

Honked:

After some free advertising?!

It will be a company decision and 99% on here won’t get a choice.

We had huge imput into which ones we use as the ones in the office are susceptible to sales BS and the last lot we signed up for made good ice scrapers.

As Honked says, we just use what we are given.
But I guess if you really want to know what most people are on, you could start a thread in the form of a poll with all the options…

pete smith:

Honked:

and reported.

pete smith:

Honked:

Genuinely was interested in why people use the network they do - has nothing to do with the supplier itself…just the network.

everyone has different requirements and it would be impossible to have a single service/product that would suit everyone…but it’s always interesting to gauge why/what people use what they do…

as I mentioned in my introduction post - it’s easy to throw new products/services out there…but if companies don’t learn from the business/drivers requirements then it’s going to be pointless…

As I said, reported for trying to get free advertising

Driver-Once-More:
As I said, reported for trying to get free advertising

I think free research would be closer to the mark…
Haven’t a clue if that’s allowed or not! :open_mouth:

To be fair we don’t know who he works for so not advertising.
Fishing yes.

Fuel cards I have in the truck are;

Shell
BP
Allstar
Key Fuels

No idea what “network” that means we use, but I can tell you now that due to my location, BP isn’t used, and nor is Key Fuels.

You’ll have to forgive the natural suspiscion of drivers, it seems they hand it out with every Cat C license too :wink:

far as I’m aware (please correct me if wrong) it is sales and advertising that is not allowed. I am only building an understanding why people choose to use a specific network.

Think honked has a very suspicious mind :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

If a (not me) supplier told you to build your ideal network/fuel card…you would certainly give your input as it would benefit you. I merely am intrigued to see if there is such an ideal service that could exist

I’m not here to sell…advertise etc - if you have any questions that I can answer about fuel…feel free to ask :wink: :sunglasses: I’m not here to say my offering is better etc.

Thank you F-reds for sharing - it’s interesting the hear your main factor is down to availability primarily - an interesting mix of card networks too :slight_smile:

Okay…

In answer to your original question then my answer is still that 99% on here will use the card that they are given by their boss.

If you are really interested in getting a full and honest answer, then your best bet would be to send out a questionnaire to as many bosses as you can. They hold the key to your query.
As for my ideal network… easy parking, free coffee and a loyalty scheme.

Is it just me or is there generally a massive shortage of HGV pumps in the UK to go along with the parking shortage?

I’ve been to Oxford services this week, took thirty minutes. Chieveley can often take that amount of time. It must cost an awful lot in productivity.

Judehamish:
Is it just me or is there generally a massive shortage of HGV pumps in the UK to go along with the parking shortage?

I’ve been to Oxford services this week, took thirty minutes. Chieveley can often take that amount of time. It must cost an awful lot in productivity.

I’d rather eat my own ■■■■ than try an fuel up at a services. That is the reason why my BP card doesn’t get used.

F-reds:

Judehamish:

I’d rather eat my own ■■■■ than try an fuel up at a services. That is the reason why my BP card doesn’t get used.

Unfortunately as a driver there is often no choice. Drove through Leicester Forest s/b today as had only half a tank and thought that if no queue I would top-up (vehicle that I drive has a small fuel tank either side), but would’ve been there ages.

Would be a good business venture if there was a network of HGV fuelling stations that took all cards. No parking, no coffees, just maybe 8 pumps and a “works unit only” type junction marked HGV only. They would shift a huge amount of diesel.

Only if they took to shooting drivers who “just needed a quick 30 minutes break in…” :wink:

We have pump in yard but on the road we have key fuels. Its a pain when your in an area your not used to and running low. I screwed up today and got a lot lower than I should of and spent 40 odd minutes at Rowley on the m27 with the worlds slowest pump and only 1 hgv lane :cry:

red7jase:
We have pump in yard but on the road we have key fuels. Its a pain when your in an area your not used to and running low. I screwed up today and got a lot lower than I should of and spent 40 odd minutes at Rowley on the m27 with the worlds slowest pump and only 1 hgv lane :cry:

If you have an i phone download the keyfuels app mate :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: