Friendly supermarkets

Thought i’d start a new thread as we seem to have hijacked the fuel protest one…Started by allikat in the pet hates thread …

who knows of asupermarkets that are truck friendly and let us park for a short while to get provisions

:unamused: Got me on that one Toowise, although I seem to be on the good side of the RDCs at Tesco-Chepstow and Waitrose-Bardon at the minute… they seem to like me parking there for upwards of 3 hours at a time… Never managed to get any shopping done though :laughing:

years ago i used to deliver to somerfields at bury st edmonds (well fornham i think) otherside of the 14.
you could park up there and buy stuff, even park up overnight.
staff never minded.

the lidl or is it aldi in eastliegh by southampton dont let u park and it right by the town centre too also iv seen lorrys park at the tesco in winchester at the very back of the car park

sharky the shredder:
:roll: … Never managed to get any shopping done though :laughing:

thats coz you aint buying enough

you have to buy 24+ cages…thats CAGES not cases :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I was thinking about starting similar post.

:exclamation: Hatfield Tesco - just of A1 (M) junction 4, go to next roundabound and turn arround and there is a nice lay-by - on the left bus stop and recycling centre, on the right parking for couple of lorries

:exclamation: Asda in Birmingham, just off J2 M5, if you are brave enough to go into the car park, which can be a bit tight close to disabled parking, go to it’s left arm, and there is usualy plenty of space and I never heard any word for being parked there.

There is also a strange lay be in the middle of roundabout, but I am not sure if it’s legal to park there (but people do that).

:exclamation: Tesco in Dundee - you can go into car park at night, or use lay-by if you going towards Perth.

:exclamation: Morrisons in Rutherglen - if you going from M74, you can park about 100 m after entrance on the right in the old carriageway.

:exclamation: Broadford, isle of Skye - there is a car park after garage, and on the other side of the garage there is co-op.

I will do more, later.

Morrisons do the best breakfast, the traditional

Tesco at Ipswich have a truck park within the car park not big but handy for the store

i used to park at
tesco Huntingdon get there late and keep out the way

one thing i,ve noticed with 24 hour supermarkets they seem to lock the loos
from late til about 0600

Asda at Aintree in Liverpool.

Ample room at the far end of the car park near the recycling bins for a few trucks.
Was in there the other day and there was already 3 other truckers parked up, the staff dont mind at all, i asked them if it was ok . they said yes.

:slight_smile:

I can think of several Somerfields “Express” fuel stations which I have used regularly, are they being kept on by the co-op? or will they now become M&S who only sell pink champagne and gressingham duck vol au vent’s to hungry truckers

Asda @ Cribbs Causeway (j17 M5) Bristol.

Loads of parking & easy access.

They used to let drivers park up for the night, but stopped it after a few of our Eastern European friends started ■■■■■■■■ in the car park.

It also has a truck only fast fuel pumps.

Tesco at Kew in Southport, there’s a nice wide road into it, where you can park up and a roundabout further on so you can spin it around to get out

some used to park in asda at tilbury but they used to chuck there rubbish all over the carpark so i dont know if you can still park on there it s about 2 years since ive been down that way :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Asda in fareham. Opposite HMS Collingwood (junction 11 M27)

dont know if its officially allowed but there always seems to be one or two trucks there a night. (at the far end by the car wash on your left as you go past the petrol. easy driving in and out, its straight!)

Somebody dropped a trailer in asda tilbury and it went over. Closed half the car park for a morning whilst being recovered and they then put up width restrictions, plenty of parking around it if you early tho.

Wheel Nut:
I can think of several Somerfields “Express” fuel stations which I have used regularly, are they being kept on by the co-op? or will they now become M&S who only sell pink champagne and gressingham duck vol au vent’s to hungry truckers

Agree with you there Wheel Nut - Somerfield Express filling stations are always clean, generally well kept, and excellent places to park up free of charge.
The shops are open 24/7 (the ones I’ve been to anyway) and always have hot pasties and a cup of tea or coffee is £1.20 I think.

Lets hope co-op don’t ruin them!

Alex

ASDA at fleetwood are ok now.
But they did put height barriers up shortly after it was built.
Someone backed into them, The concrete was still wet. :laughing:
Theres no problem now. But why can’t some drivers use a bloody bin.

Asda at Dowlais (Merthyr Tydfil ) on the A 465 Heads of The Valley is ok for over night parking plenty of room on the bottom left as you drive in .

Lidle @ poole on nuffield i/e , room for a couple of trucks near the loading bay , not sure about overnighting but ok for lifes essentials