Freezing mornings

I clocked - minus 3 on the temperature gauge in car this morning, has anyone seen it colder?

was talking to the wm amstrong driver who drives the “Gretna fc” unit he was saying it was -9 c at carlisle and his brakes froze on !
We was -3 in glasgow at the start of my shift , so cold in fact that one of my air curtains froze up

-6 in my car!!!
took me 25mins to be able to see thro the window to see… even the inside was iced up!!
got a pic of the -6… which will post 2morrow.

then i got to work and had to defrost the bloody truck:)… of should i say i turned the nite heater on and went for a coffee :laughing: and then did my checks:)

-5 in West Wales at 7am this morning!

Note to self; not a good day to be a clever sod and take the shortcut over the mountain! :imp:

Second note to self; there is no such thing as too much reversing practice! :blush:

It was about +16 in my house last night… :smiley:

The joys of only doing day runs. :smiley:

Ken.

minus 7 in lancs this morning at 6 o’clock on my way to work

-4 when i was in car this morning

Sorry guys but you asked for it!

wire:

Sorry guys but you asked for it!

Didn’t see you in my flat :laughing: :laughing:

Doesn’t blood freeze at that temperature■■?

killer100:
I clocked - minus 3 on the temperature gauge in car this morning,

What’s that in real money?

wire:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I must remind members that all windows must be clear before driving, if not the consequenses may be severe :wink:

Dont forget folks they have forecast patchy / light snow showers for tomorrow.

Keep and eye out for the numpties and stay safe peeps.

I’d give my right bollock at the minute to even have to defrost a cab!! :laughing:

Harry Monk:

killer100:
I clocked - minus 3 on the temperature gauge in car this morning,

What’s that in real money?

The Celsius and Fahrenheit scales meet at -40 so -40C = -40F.

Therefore -38.5C = approx -35 F.

Brrrrrrrrrrrrr…

Coldest place I have ever been… Hayden Colorado one night on a Flight For Life flight…-61F…so cold we hd to keep the aircraft running, while the crew went to the hospital for the patient, as it was below the minimum temp for engine start up!! Could barely breathe!! :open_mouth:

It was -5 at Shap yesterday, the gritters are out tonight in ■■■■■■■■ with snow ploughs fitted. They’re expecting heavy snowfall from 3am onwards, I know, don’t ask, I don’t know how they can pinpoint the time either
:open_mouth:

On the way out to the M/E in the Winter of 1982,I noticed the weather getting colder as there were more trucks on the hard shoulder of the autobahn in Germany than I’ve ever seen before.Then I noticed that although it was warm in my cab,there was ice on the inside of my drivers side window.
Parked up on the motorway South of Prague and after a couple of hours the night heater froze up.Spent the night sleeping in the motel reception.Outside temperature was minus 36 C!

Never have a problem defrostig cab as I set my night heater to come on 2 hours before I start :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

-18 in Bristol

Thats what it says in my freezer when i got me dinner out :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I had -7 in M.K 3:30am saturday morning, i knew then I should be at home like the rest of the country, as i hadnt seen a single truck driver on my travels so was a starting to wonder if I was the only truck driver at work, every one else had seen sense or had an understanding boss.

I was going so fast I had icicles forming on my wind deflector (couldnt take a picture camera couldnt pick them out)

and ice forming on my mirrors, thankgod for heated mirrors.

I my boss who was at home and asked if i could go home as it was very cold, he went and said what the hell to i pay you for!!!

The temp gauge pic was one of mine, wasn’t it, Mark? The coldest I have known was -55C/-67F on the winter roads. The cold is so intense when you get down into that kind of territory that you struggle to breathe it, and your breath freezes into tiny snowflakes when you exhale. It also freezes in your sinuses so you get nosebleeds. Then that freezes! When it gets that cold for a couple of days, you can hear trees bursting where the sap splits the trunks.

Its sort of funny to pee little pyramids though!