FOWLER WELCH

HI Guys does anyone know what they are like to work for and out of newton abbot devon. Also what they pay etc etc , and if they also take on part time workers as well.

Happy trucking and thanks all.

thats a long commute from hayle !!

ive only done subble work for them , trailer swaps . but pretty sure their own drivers there are doing tescos . those little petrol station and metro things

good firm generally i think , depends if you like tescos

fowlerwelch.co.uk/Careers/C … ton-Abbot/

Good kebab house in Hayle and the burgers are fab too mmm

I work for them at the Washington Depot. We have casual drivers, and I’ve spoke to a casual driver who works at the Heywood depot, so I assume most if not all depots do.
As said, a lot of the work is tesco stores. I do night trunks, easy clean work, never rushed.

Hilarious wages at Spalding hopefully they pay more down there

Easy enough work, tidy kit, but crap wages. Mostly Rdc work chilled and ambient, maybe a reload from factory or farm to take back to depot.

bubsy06:
Easy enough work, tidy kit, but crap wages. Mostly Rdc work chilled and ambient, maybe a reload from factory or farm to take back to depot.

Wot . from newton abbot ■■

Are u sure .

boredwivdrivin:

bubsy06:

Wot . from newton abbot ■■

Are u sure .

My experience from Teynham, Heywood, Paddock Wood and Spalding.

Spalding being the worst

I do subbie ■■■■ from Teynham .RDC multidrop .

Newton Abbot is different i think .

Tesco store deliveries , not RDCs .

Basically trying to establish if this correct still .

Wot happens in other depots does not clarify this .

Tesco doing either deckers or single axle trailers. But have seen them pulling their own trailers in an out of newton abbot.

Yeah , ive dropped / collected trailers in there for on ward delivery . but dont think it went thru warehouse .

If they basically doing tesco store deliveries in devon and cornwall could be goid job for area .

boredwivdrivin:
I do subbie [zb] from Teynham .RDC multidrop .

Newton Abbot is different i think .

Tesco store deliveries , not RDCs .

Basically trying to establish if this correct still .

Wot happens in other depots does not clarify this .

I have done Washington as well which seems to run alot of Tesco rigids

In my first post ive included a link to a current newton abb job . but it doesnt mention money or shifts .

What is the actual money and shifts at the depots u guys work at ■■

Im interested as i want to move back as near to cornwall as i can and heathfield would be a start .

You know theres a tesco outbase at exeter, pick the lorry up go to avonmouth to swap trailer an do a store in cornwall. Its good money too.

midlifetrucker:
Hilarious wages at Spalding hopefully they pay more down there

And you need to speak Polish. Howdens used to do some subbying from them the week before Xmas. Almost everyone else in there was eastern european other than a couple of the blokes in the traffic office several desks back from the counter. Not complaining though, some of those polish girls on the counter were very pleasing to the eye.

m_attt:
You know theres a tesco outbase at exeter, pick the lorry up go to avonmouth to swap trailer an do a store in cornwall. Its good money too.

Avonmouth to Cornwall in a day is easy enough why have an outbase ?

Avonmouth to Cornwall in a day is easy enough why have an outbase ?

When I used to do it from the Exeter outbase it was a case of running a load of rubbish back up to CS at Chepstow, round the corner to Tescos to collect, then back down to Cornwall with 3 shops to deliver to, often having to wait behind 2 or 3 trucks at the shops, then running back to Exeter. Often ran into a 14 - 15 hour day. At the time it was explained to me by the office numpty that Chepstow drivers didnt want the hours.

Yeah , especially if u go to avonmouth to get the load !!!

Unless its subbies based in exeter ? . Tuckers or something .?

Mate enquired about heathfield, money no great shakes, works out about £27.000 ish inc. w/end working in that as well.Think that’s
for around 45 hrs p, wk, but you can work more i think.