Dave the Renegade:

Excellent photos Dave. Many thanks for posting them

Kindest regards
CG

truckfing:
A few more older photos

Hello truckfing

Excellent photos marra. Many thanks

I don’t think Keedwell’s have any Foden’s now although they are still running some ERF ECX tractor units on the fleet

Sure there’s one based out of Carlisle

Kindest regards
CG

Some more ■■■■■■■■ registered Alphas plus a Morrison in the old livery

truckfing:
Some more ■■■■■■■■ registered Alphas plus a Morrison in the old livery

Hello truckfing

Excellent photos marra. Many thanks for those

I suspect that the PX54 Foden Alpha was owned by either Trotters of Calthwaite or CWR at Kingmoor

As for the other ■■■■■■■■ ones, I’m not actually sure but I’ll do some checking up

Kindest regards
CG

A few more Alphas from me:

Cheers

scarren:
A few more Alphas from me:

Cheers

Hello scarren

Kindest regards
CG

may-july 081.JPG

some dead ones from the scottish borders, loads of alphas and loads of dead 70’s leylands, a guy big j4 and a very cool aec matador on site, the fitter i spoke to reckons the 3 tippers will still be there in thirty years time just like the old stuff

just an example of the older stuff on site

may-july 074.JPG

may-july 075.JPG

boycee:

some dead ones from the scottish borders, loads of alphas and loads of dead 70’s leylands, a guy big j4 and a very cool aec matador on site, the fitter i spoke to reckons the 3 tippers will still be there in thirty years time just like the old stuff

Hello boycee

Who’s yard is that by the way as if those Foden’s are still there in 30 years, I’ll go and buy one!

Kindest regards
CG

Fletchers Fun Fair, Maryport

Top Foden Alpha was owned by Iso Tanks Ltd
Bottom Foden Alpha is an ex Lawson’s of Cockermouth

Kindest regards
CG

057 (640x499).jpg

■■■■■■■■ gill:

boycee:

Hello boycee

they are in there original owners yard taylor morrisons, in carnwath, i believe these have been put there after being mechanically written off but still worthy of other spares the guy i spoke to said they still operate a fleet of 30 but they were all on the road when i stumbled across the yard, got somemore showland ones i can put up if your interested

Who’s yard is that by the way as if those Foden’s are still there in 30 years, I’ll go and buy one!

Kindest regards
CG

sorry that reply got a bit jumbled in with your one !

boycee:
sorry that reply got a bit jumbled in with your one !

That’s alright boycee marra

I’ve done that before!

Thankyou for the info marra. Very interesting

Kindest regards
CG

Another one from “out my way” still working hard.

Here are some more ■■■■■■■■ registered Alphas CG. I think the Entwisle’s were bought
new, they had dozens of them, drawbars and artics which were all ■■■■■■■■ reg.
I doubt any of these are still working.

truckfing:
Here are some more ■■■■■■■■ registered Alphas CG. I think the Entwisle’s were bought
new, they had dozens of them, drawbars and artics which were all ■■■■■■■■ reg.
I doubt any of these are still working.

Hello truckfing

Many thanks for those excellent photos marra.

I’m sure that John Beaty still run that Alpha as they’ve still got one or two still going strong

Have you any photos of the Foden Alpha Beaty’s ran in a tiger livery?
It was orange and black, quite smart

Kindest regards
CG

norfolktrucker:

Hello norfolktrucker

Excellent photo marra. Many thanks

Quite rare to see a 6 wheeler Alpha. Do you know if the truck has been stretched from a tractor unit or was it bought like that from new

Kindest regards
CG

dew:
Do we really need another rose tinted thread about how great the Foden’s supposedly were? I’m sure if they were as fantastic as some on here make out, they’d still be around now…

They were axed because Cat and ■■■■■■■ wouldn’t invest in developing Euro 4 and 5 engines. The Daf CFs I drive now are awful in comparison to the Alpha I had on smiths. Daf 8speed 'box is rubbish in comparison to the 12 speed Eaton, and the Cat motor would outpower Smiths CFs even having a 15 bhp disadvantage.
More importantly, my alpha couldn’t go into London :laughing:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

norfolktrucker:

Hello norfolktrucker

Excellent photo marra. Many thanks

Quite rare to see a 6 wheeler Alpha. Do you know if the truck has been stretched from a tractor unit or was it bought like that from new

Kindest regards
CG

Hi CG :smiley:

As soon as I saw that photo from norfolktrucker, I knew that the lorry was familiar. There was a lot of 6 wheel Alpha’s ran by owner drivers down on the Mendips, mostly on Tarmac or Hanson franchises. That one is a Bristol reg. My best guess is that it was a ‘Tarmac’ one but it could have been either… I’m also guessing that it’s quite a high powered one - it wasn’t, nor isn’t now, unusual to have 400 horses in a six wheeler because of the terrain…

I am a bit upset now CG, there were two 6 wheelers in those pictures I posted but you
didn’t notice them. I do not have a picture of that tiger coloured one you mention but
here are few more 6s. They were very popular on mixer work, maybe a bit more than
tippers, and not as common as eight wheelers but still plenty around in the day.