Foden Alpha ~ Past & Present

scarren:
I think Fodens were the best trucks ever made…discuss :grimacing: Only kidding, I don’t want to open that again! On with some photos!

Keep calm, and drive Fodens :grimacing:

Hello scarren

Excellent photos marra. Many thanks

Kindest regards
CG

Moose:
That pic was taken just after andrew barker at pikehall bought it! we took the steel body off and fitted an alloy body, it was then painted and run out of ivonbrook quarry, its been gone a while now not sure where it went, if i remember right you had a new one in the same colour moving them big lumps of stone about

It’s a small world isn’t it!

I don’t remember running any big stone around to be honest - but I may be wrong.

Dad ran a fleet of Foden’s at one time. All relatively newish ones, so you may have seen them knocking about the North.

Most of our work was done in Yorkshire though (based in Leeds and Bradford) - with the odd foray outside God’s County :smiley:

Anyway, I’ll dig out some pics and post them up when I have chance.

Cheers

The last Foden to be assembled now resides in the British Commercial Vehicle Museum, Leyland.
An 8 wheeler tipper chassis , it is owned by Paccar , and loaned to the Museum for display.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Three ■■■■■■■■ exiles. One in Aberdeen, one near Birmingham and one near Bedford.

cattle wagon man:
The last Foden to be assembled now resides in the British Commercial Vehicle Museum, Leyland.
An 8 wheeler tipper chassis , it is owned by Paccar , and loaned to the Museum for display.

Cheers, cattle wagon man.

Hello CWM

Excellent photo marra. Many thanks

Always wanted to go and see the last Alpha but never got around to it

Kindest regards
CG

truckfing:
Three ■■■■■■■■ exiles. One in Aberdeen, one near Birmingham and one near Bedford.

Hello truckfing

I suspect the Foster and the Lamport where both owned by Wm Armstrong but as for the Freelands, I don’t know the last owner.

Will try and do some digging

Kindest regards
CG

Don’t think I’ve posted these

Kindest regards
CG

■■■■■■■■ gill:

truckfing:

Hello truckfing

I suspect the Foster and the Lamport where both owned by Wm Armstrong but as for the Freelands, I don’t know the last owner.

Kindest regards
CG

Lamport came from just north of Northampton, didn’t last too long. If I remember correctly they had a couple of those rubbish bulkers turn over.

classicman:
Lamport came from just north of Northampton, didn’t last too long. If I remember correctly they had a couple of those rubbish bulkers turn over.

Is that a comment on the quality of the trailer or it’s contents?

classicman:

■■■■■■■■ gill:

truckfing:

Hello truckfing

Kindest regards
CG

Hello classicman

Many thanks for that marra

Actually, I Googled them and nothing cam up

Kindest regards
CG

J Dickinson, Carlisle

Kindest regards
CG

Scott’s of Maryport

Kindest regards
CG

380 cat