First accident

Had my first accident, knocked down a bollard with the tail lift when spinning around in a residential road. Was following Sainsbury’s (Wincanton) risk assessment, was sent to the wrong address!!! Now have to go through re-training to be able to work there :confused:

Dust it off mate and don’t let it get to you. Can happen to anyone especially when bollards just seem to jump out at you. I took side of bumper off after I got blocked in and I swiped a bollard on trying to get out in London.

It’s all part of and parcel of learning.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

JaxDemon:
Dust it off mate and don’t let it get to you. Can happen to anyone especially when bollards just seem to jump out at you. I took side of bumper off after I got blocked in and I swiped a bollard on trying to get out in London.

It’s all part of and parcel of learning.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks. Yes, I just felt like right idiot when it happened. Not so bad now, as I didn’t have any options, ahead 3t weak bridge, last road to attempt to turn around, couldn’t reverse as zigzag on road full of cars.

Mate if you do the job for 40 years there will be situations in the hell that is that london (other versions of hell on earth are available) where it’s going to be a bloody headache, some you win some you lose.
As said, don’t worry about it, it was a bollard and bugger all in the grand scheme of things, this re-training ■■■■■■■■ is just some otherwise useless bod with a non job at the place you work at snatching at any reason to justify his existence.

^^^^ (He speaks a lot of sense for a clown).

If you have caught a bollard, then you have justified it’s existence :wink:

^^^^^^what they say, don’t worry about it. I know it does play on your mind thinking what if…but it’s happened now so ■■■■ up the re-training crap and move on. I used to work for wincanton so know exactly what they’re like. I had a crappy address for a building site in London last week and ended up at the end of a dead end street. Luckily it had a fork so I had a turn round option. I managed to scuff my front bumper on a black metal bollard. It just put 2 black strips of paint on it but IF (there’s that word again) I had been an inch further to the left I’d had done more damage. Moral is some you get away with and some you don’t but it happens to us all. [emoji1360]

About to do the idiotic re-train in an empty yard :unamused:

Who needs a re-train is the office staff that issued the wrong risk assessment form.

Never mind lol

romik:
About to do the idiotic re-train in an empty yard :unamused:

Who needs a re-train is the office staff that issued the wrong risk assessment form.

Never mind lol

There’s some irony there somewhere… :grimacing:

As along as nobody gets hurt just dust it off and try to be more careful next time. These things happen to the most experienced drivers as well.

I feel your pain my friend. There’ one thing worse than clobbering something, and that’s clobbering something when some ■■■ has sent you to the wrong place. After four months of driving a 26t beaver-tail in London everyday i still can’t believe i only scraped one car.
As EagerBeaver says,listen to Juddian. He’s the clown version of Yoda.

Check Stobart in Blackburn thread now that’s how to catch a bollard

All done. What a waste of time that was! I’d love to see assessor to safely get out of the ‘knot’ I was in, no chance.

Sorry for being dense and my excuse is it’s been a long day but what’s the risk assessment for ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:
Sorry for being dense and my excuse is it’s been a long day but what’s the risk assessment for ?

Supermarkets have risk assessments, that advise you which route to take, where to turnaround, time restrictions, etc. Basically I was given one of those for same town, but for a different store, that only accepted 8mtr trailers, mine was 13 :slight_smile:

Oh right never new that, only drive a rigid myself so just left to get on with it.

wrighty1:
Oh right never new that, only drive a rigid myself so just left to get on with it.

They apply to rigids as well, I believe all major Supermarket’s logistics supply those to drivers to minimize accidents. Mind you Stobarts have those, yet…

romik:

wrighty1:

Supermarkets have risk assessments, that advise you which route to take, where to turnaround, time restrictions, etc. Basically I was given one of those for same town, but for a different store, that only accepted 8mtr trailers, mine was 13 :slight_smile:

And a lot of the risk assessments have pictures showing the store delivery point with no cars anywhere unlike when you turn up and cars are everywhere

what was the training like? A full day of bollard identification? Bollard law? Practising not driving at the bollard? That type of thing?

James the cat:
what was the training like? A full day of bollard identification? Bollard law? Practising not driving at the bollard? That type of thing?

Reversing into bays and driving 10mph around empty yard :slight_smile:

I used to get sent down tiny side streets in London, the office used to get annoyed when you’d phone up to say you couldn’t make it. I managed to bend a tail lift though.