Ferrybridge services

Pulled in started winding legs down for a change over to be interrupted by a parking attendant and informed that will be 19.50 please. I proceeded to inform him that I won’t be coming anywhere near this [zb] Hole again! Are they that stupid that they don’t realise that they have just lost retail sales from ever driver doing a change as nobody in there right mind would pay that fee.

It’s daylight robbery

am I reading that right, £19.50 to swap trailers?? unbelievable if that’s the case, did you pay it??

Lymm, a MOTO site only charges £3 for a trailer change

The price for trailer changes is usually on the parking charge sign

Yes £19.50 to be honest I didn’t look at the sign iv been changing there for ages an not had to pay so just assumed it was free the attendant said he had been moved onto days because they want to start enforcing the charge. No I didn’t pay I went to white pod instead.

It’s not an operating centre is it so too right!

Change overs wake me up when I have to park in these places so hope this puts a stop to it. Just an opinion like! :wink:

fredthered:
It’s not an operating centre is it so too right!

Change overs wake me up when I have to park in these places so hope this puts a stop to it. Just an opinion like! :wink:

Change over’s have been going on since the advent of articulation at transport cafe’s and later service area’s so get used to it.

As regards charging to do it that’s an absolute joke it’s just a cash cow for the services nothing more.

Bet they don’t charge coaches when they are swapping passengers over at Keele!

:laughing: I would have done it on the roundabout outside ferrybridge on the hatched markings.
There are loads of places that trailers can be changed quite easily if the driver that gets there first is switched on and makes it easy for his colleague that will be arriving shortly.

AFAIK motorway regulations still apply on the roundabout.
I’ve known about the charge for trailer changes at ferrybridge for several years which is why I refuse to do it there. There’s also a lot of places within a mile or so where you can do it without hassle

Youngy:
Are they that stupid that they don’t realise that they have just lost retail sales from ever driver doing a change

Does “every” driver doing a changeover spend any money :question:

“most” can’t even be bothered to walk to the services to “spend a penny” :laughing:

I,d have just done it anyway, how do they enforce the charge? they cant clamp you anymore

peirre:
AFAIK motorway regulations still apply on the roundabout

It isn’t a motorway roundabout.

Just say your parking the trailer for the ‘free’ 2hrs your entitled to :wink:

19.50 is an absolute joke, can’t even believe places charge for a change over!

I think they see it as the haulier is saving £££££ So they can make a few bob plus the fact it damages the parking areas

weeto:

peirre:
AFAIK motorway regulations still apply on the roundabout

It isn’t a motorway roundabout.

Correct. There is “End of Motorway” signs at the end of each sliproad just before the give way line.

these service’s is taking the mick…i parked in 1 a while back…paid the monkey (well it looked like a monkey) £25 for 11 hours parking.woke up after a few hours in need for a pee. so off i go with my parking ticket to the toilet…well what happen next i’ll never get over it…i went into the toilet and stood about waiting and looking for the female yoke…jaysus now i was close to ■■■■■■■ myself lads so i asked the next young fella where herself was…he didnt know what i meant…well sweet jaysus it turned out i had to hold my own willy while ■■■■■■■■■■■ for ■■■■■■■■ £25 and no one to hold ur ■■■■ while ya ■■■■…sorry lads but in doncaster for a tenner when i get out for a ■■■■ a lady of the night will hold it for me and i get out twice…

Its been free parking and trailer changes in every services in the UK since Oct 2012 :unamused:
Anybody who has paid since that date PM me your email address so i can send you an email regarding my aunt who needs 2million US dollars for a toe nail implant.

milkchurns:
sorry lads but in doncaster for a tenner when i get out for a ■■■■ a lady of the night will hold it for me and i get out twice…

Then jump up and down :smiling_imp: