Euro 2024

If we lose Sun he probably will (and probably should) go.
If we win I would like to see him take us into the next World Cup in 2 years.

So is tonight ganna be the end of 58 ‘years of hurt’ at last?..is it coming home? :smiley:
Let’s av it. :smiley:
Cant help remembering all the disappointments at previous Euros and World Cups…but trying not to think about that.

I’m watching it quietly at home tonight, I decided the pub would be horrendously hectic ,with more chance of winning the lottery than getting served at the bar, and a large contingent of d/heads to sit (or stand) amongst shoulder to shoulder in a crush would do my low tolerant swede right in I reck. :confused:
Christ that makes me sound old to what I was once like.:flushed: :smiley:

So it’s me and my youngest lad in front of tv with a case of chiled John Smiths at hand, and a pizza ordered at half time from my lovely wife…but she may spit on it though to get revenge on me for making fun of the NL result.:joy:
Come on England.:sunglasses:

Well they all said we’re going for it and we’re going to play our best and on paper you couldn’t have a better selection of players to choose from, but it wasn’t to be
Second half was entertaining some good football played, spain were very good.
There has to be more to this England team, it looked like spain had the freedom of the pitch and England were restricted at times
We can all talk about tactics and i have and i am sure in tomorrow’s paper there will questions to be asked, it doesn’t matter now it’s over, it has to be great to get to a final the better team won.

Yep…Cant argue with any of that.
Luck was not with us,.especially the 4 attempts of that one corner…any other day the ball would have gone in.

Anyhoo ‘if only’s’ dont count.
That’s football.
Totally gutted.:cry:

According to Rob we were never going to play Spain and Germany would knock them out.What would I know about football.
They were lucky my prediction of 3-0 ended up only 2-1.England’s passing and possession was hopeless.

Carryfast mate you seem to have this condition whereby you NEED to be proven right …even when you are not.

When we had the conversation about Spain we were still in the group stages.
The way it was set out and the following fixtures meant we could not meet Spain in the GROUP STAGES.

I also suggested that Germany could beat Spain in the GROUP STAGES.
As we now know I was wrong.
(that admission did NOT hurt btw, you should try it sometime)

As for Knockout Stages…I aint Mystic Meg, we could (and did) meet anybody (including Spain) by the very nature of the tournament concept.

But if it makes your day…Yep you were right Spain beat us in the end.

As for your expert match analyisis …you are right…What do you know about football.
Their passing was the aspect they actually did well with, but yeah ok, the possesion ratio (imo) was about 70/30 against.

Way I see it is they can come home heads held high…we got to the final.

It is at the stage now we kinda expect it, where as we were once just a group stage, quarter final or even non qualifying side and we expected one of those options every International tournament.

Just shows how petty and jealous they are, they were lucky to even qualify ffs.
So at the end of the day, whatever they think who actually gives af.:roll_eyes:

Unless my glasses need changing their hopeless inaccurate passing was the reason for their hopeless possession.An England pass was as, if not more, likely to find a Spanish player as an English one.
I was clearly talking about our chances v Spain in general at any point in the tournament.

England fans don’t really help themselves with the arrogance often displayed, which leads many Scottish fans to simply wish not to have to put up with the years and years of going on about the most recent major win for England. I don’t think I need to mention the year.

England fans were getting tattoos done with ‘England Euro 2024 Winners’ before the final ffs. You would never catch a Scottish fan doing that, the tattoo and subsequent removal would cost far too much.

There’s a 'kin good reason you would never see a Scottish fan doing that. :joy:
I’m assuming you are Scottish?
I’m getting a sour grapes vibe here.:smiley:

We’re talking over confidence here rather than arrogance btw.
Me personally, I was convinced we had it in the bag, a forgone conclusion.
Me and a mate had a pact and a bet years ago as young lads, which we are intent in keeping regardless of age :smile:…If England win anything we both get a 3 Lions leg tattoo…if one chickens out he pays out.:joy:
I even asked my lad who has a lot of tattoos, who he recomended :smiley:…(I stopped short until the end of the final btw.)

To get back to the Jocks,.arrogance and over confidence…
I’m old enough to remember ‘Ally’s Tartan Army’ and their song they recorded which got in the charts…it wasnt good btw, nor eligible for an Ivor Novello award.:joy:
‘‘We’re all going tae Argentina, and we’ll really shake em up,.when we WIN the Wurrld Cup’’ …:joy:
Aye dream on dont hold yer breaths ffs.:joy:

They managed to beat Spain though. :rofl:

Aye fair play, I’ll give you that one.:grin:

(Still cant help wondering HOW though.:wink: )

Lee Carsley could be the dark horse to succeed Southgate if he goes, he already turned down the irish job for some unknown reason
Eddie Howe would be a good choice
Names being mentioned also
Potter
Gerrard
Lampard
Rogers
Klopp
Poncho

how are the lady’s team doing someone mentioned that have a cup on at the moment

Only way Scotland would beat Spain is if Spain wasn’t trying to win couldn’t be bothered the result didn’t matter to them.

@carryfast I was referring to the fact that Scotland did beat Spain in the qualifiers and it was only the second game.

So mr Southgate has walked
Im trying to think of any England manager after finishing up who was ever successful
I mean like getting a job with big successful clubs, there has to be one or two
Is it a poison chalice for one’s future especially for a manager in his 40s 50s
And what’s this experienced thing, where would you find a experienced international manager out of work and good enough for job
Maybe call it as it is international manager wanted must have attacking knowledge and defence knowledge and be able to keep players and fans happy

Kieran McKenna please step up.

Dont worry about it mate.
CF by his own admission has already told us he knows nothing about football.

He seems to have a lot to say about it mind after saying that. :grin:

Lee Carsley?.
He already has international management experience at under 21 level.
Club management is a whole lot different.

Stuart Pearce?
Carryfast?
:smiley: